New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!

2000 ranger don't start

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 12:03 PM
ventura23
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 2000 ranger don't start

i made a private repo of this ranger. so i make new keys but i find the original key at the botton of the seats.then i proced 2 turn on the truck but do not start
the switch turns perfect.the truck has an aftermarket alarm and anti-theft device(chip),the alarm works manually by small button(the remote is lost)
and the anti-theft device had the chip on it.i di check the power at the ignicion switch and when you turn it on the cable the one goes i think to the starter relay it does has power when you try to turn it on. the starter has power from the battery but not from the relay when you try to turn it on.(well when i take off the cover below the column sttering i seen the alarm and the anti-theft device . the anti-theft device is placed this way the wire the one goes to the starter relay (pink/) is cut an atachted to the new wire (red),this goes in to a new relay this relay has 4 other wires one is the return to the starter relay (green)is atached back to the( pink/).the other 3 goes to a plug where you u put the chip to complete the circuit. rigth now the chip is put it on an the new relay is jumped the green an red wire are together so the power it does go to the relay starter i think.
but theres no at the starter. i try to turn the motor on with the switch on using a screwdriver making a jump at the starter the starter works but the motor never turn on and the battery was death. so i need some help thank you i been thinking maybe the computer is ,and how could check the computer and where is it at the truck . or maybe releys at the power box at the engine comparment.

Old 06-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi and welcome to FTE! This is the User Introductions forum. You should head on down to the Ranger forum and ask your question there.

Read this for some info that will help you around the site: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...92&postcount=2

-Matt