Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Postmaster

kenpobuck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.kenpobuck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
taxes

Can anyone tell me if u have to pay road taxes on home brewed biodiesel in Kentucky?
81 BRONCO 6.9 IDI, ARP headstuds, 3" dual straight pipes, isspro pyrometer, T18 4 Speed, 10.25 rear, d60 front, 4:10 gears, 37x12.5x16.5 wrangler m/t's (humvee takeoffs), 4" body lift. I am building the Bronco Ford should have!
Kentucky Chapter Member
Old 06-17-2006, 10:31 AM
Posting Guru

kennedyford is starting off with a positive reputation.
No, the laws show that as long as you produce it for yourself and not for resale it is all ok. They cant tell anyway. Also according to Fabman, bio is able to be transported without placards, because of its nature it is unregulated. No hazmat or placards required.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
I am not sure i would push the no hazmat placards very far, biodiesel is still a flammable liquid, and unless I am very much mistaken still has ot carry a flamable placard when transport over 1000lbs

RIP Steve Bricks. FTE will not be the same.

Will be forever glad to have had the privilege to shake your hand and BS in person.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Postmaster

kenpobuck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.kenpobuck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Talking

Thanks guys, I havent started makeing it yet. Gonna make my bronco a diesel, and didn't want to get into trouble with the law(least not to much).Click the image to open in full size.
81 BRONCO 6.9 IDI, ARP headstuds, 3" dual straight pipes, isspro pyrometer, T18 4 Speed, 10.25 rear, d60 front, 4:10 gears, 37x12.5x16.5 wrangler m/t's (humvee takeoffs), 4" body lift. I am building the Bronco Ford should have!
Kentucky Chapter Member
Old 06-17-2006, 12:31 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennedyford
No, the laws show that as long as you produce it for yourself and not for resale it is all ok. They cant tell anyway. Also according to Fabman, bio is able to be transported without placards, because of its nature it is unregulated. No hazmat or placards required.
Close, but not quite. Fed law says the first 400 gal produced EACH quarter is exempt from Fed exise tax. States have different laws. Here in oregon you must pay $.24 per gallon on each gallon used "on-road". All off-road use is non-taxable.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 06-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Posting Guru

ohh I knew you were watching and you would set me straight, but the final word is how would they know if you mix with reg?
Old 06-17-2006, 02:15 PM
Senior User

Dave Barbieri is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennedyford
....but the final word is how would they know if you mix with reg?
Mom always sed, "Never mess with people that can hurt you." How would they know? Don't know and don't wanna find out. A lot of folks got burned running leaded fuel in unleaded vehicles. How did they know? A small piece of chemically reactive paper the size of two postage stamps. The inspector rubbed it on the inside of the tailpipe and looked for a reaction. Any trace, You're Busted. Biodiesel is becoming a growing force in US transportation. It's not a fad anymore; states are now requiring its addition to petrodiesel stocks sold for OTR use. Just as there's a quick and simple test for leaded fuel and offroad diesel, you can bet your next meal that there will soon be an equally simple field test for bioD in portions larger than, say, 20%.

400 gallons would easily take me thru a quarter. Even if it didn't, I'm still making my own fuel for a fraction of the cost at the pump (even with the two bits added on for Uncle). Ya see, once the 'Revenooers' check you and find that you're clean, they go on to other targets. But get busted just once, and you definitely become a 'target of opportunity' for a long time. Considering the grief I could bring down on myself, it's just not worth it.

My .02 worth.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Posting Guru

HEY MONSTER,
You need to pm me your address so I can send you a thanks.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Post Fiend

baddad457 has a very good reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a very good reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterbaby
I am not sure i would push the no hazmat placards very far, biodiesel is still a flammable liquid, and unless I am very much mistaken still has ot carry a flamable placard when transport over 1000lbs
Wrong. Only if it's blended with diesel does it have to be placarded. Straight biodiesel is classed the same as veg oil, no placards or restrictions. Yea, it's flammable but it's not hazardous (unless you spill it on the kitchen floor and step in it ) And further, for something hazardous to be placarded, it has to be in a container over 110 gallons. Not sure about the 1,000 lbs.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:26 PM
Posting Guru

Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Close, but not quite. Fed law says the first 400 gal produced EACH quarter is exempt from Fed exise tax. States have different laws. Here in oregon you must pay $.24 per gallon on each gallon used "on-road". All off-road use is non-taxable.
Then, of course, they have to be able to prove it is illegal fuel. They depend on red dye to tell untaxed #2 from taxed #2. How are they gonna be able to tell if your B99 was bought from a legitimate distributor or not.

By the way this less this topic is discussed the less it is likely to draw their attention to the issue.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:34 PM
Posting Guru

Big Brother Has More Important Things To Do, Its That Little Punk Reveners That Keep Busting My Still, I Mean My Ethenol Research Facility.8d
Old 06-21-2006, 11:34 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels