Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2006, 04:15 AM
Elder User

pilot10 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Roushcharger sound?

I'm doing some homework here so please bear with me. A new truck is in the horizon. The "old" one is paid off in a few months and I am going to replace it with a new 150 either '07 or '08(most likely). I've already laid the groundwork with the wife and she might even be accepting of the idea by the time I actually get it

Here are the important questions for today:

As I drive off somewhere, without my lead foot on, will the wife know there's a Roushcharger on it just from the sound of the engine?

If she drives it but doesn't give it a lot of gas will she know there's a Roushcharger on it?

I'm certainly not trying to deceive anyone

However I don't want and never hear the end of it.

If it won't be apparent all the time then I can get by with a description like "It's got the more powerful engine" or "this is how it came from the dealer". Or "it's Polarbear's fault, he made me do it"

If she will be constanly reminded of my need for power then I've got Xmas, birthday, anniversary(20th), and Valentines day to convince her that it is a necessary option. Not that she wouldn't get nice things from me anyway, but I may have to opt for jewelry instead of the Ford t-shirt and baseball cap.

Thanks,
Tim
94 B4000 4x4
59 F100- 125 miles between fill-ups
78 Datsun
Old 06-13-2006, 08:00 AM
Junior User

Jrich1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I dont know specifically about the roushcharger, but typically SC'ers do have a whine to them that can be heard.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:07 AM
Elder User

And a beautiful sound it is, but also a dead give away. I was next to a Roush 150 last week and didn't hear it. But it was pretty windy and we were on a road next to a busy freeway.
94 B4000 4x4
78 Datsun
Old 06-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Junior User

Jrich1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would just play dumb
Old 06-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Senior User

rambunctious is starting off with a positive reputation.
under light load, you cannot hear the roushcharger. i drove an intercooled stage III from Roush for 225 miles.

when you do hit it, it has more of a buzzing sound than a high whistle. not obnoxious at all, In fact, the cheby you are leaving in the dust next to you will prolly hear more whine than you will inside the cab......

new F150- $35k
Roush stage III upgrade package $18k
friends hearing the supercharger and wife clueless........priceless.

Click the image to open in full size.
Ramb
Old 06-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Site Administrator

FTE Jason is a splendid one to beholdFTE Jason is a splendid one to beholdFTE Jason is a splendid one to beholdFTE Jason is a splendid one to beholdFTE Jason is a splendid one to beholdFTE Jason is a splendid one to beholdFTE Jason is a splendid one to behold
If she drives it but doesn't give it a lot of gas will she know there's a Roushcharger on it?

Yes and she will thank you for buying one because they FLY.

2007 F150
Bully Dog Triple Dog Gas Downloader
Volant Performance Cold Air Intake Kit
Volant Performance Exhaust System
Volant Performance Ram Air Scoop
Brand Motion iPod Docking Station
Rough Country Leveling Kit
Old 06-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Post Fiend

Beast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant future
Thread moved to Roushcharger F-150 forum at request of thread author.

-Matt
Old 06-14-2006, 12:55 PM
Post Fiend

polarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to behold
Just tell her it has a noisy power steering pump, like all Fords ever made. Owner's Bronco with the powerdyne blower under the hood is dead silent until you jump on it.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by polarbear; 06-14-2006 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:34 PM
Elder User

Thanks for the replies. I'm definitely good at playing dumb

Now I have to start collecting reasons why I can't live without it.

Maybe I'll start by finding that movie w/ Chuck Norris where he's knocked out by the villains and buried alive in his blown Blazer. Once he wakes up he douses himself with half a beer, drinks the rest, hits the gas and blasts out from underneath tons of dirt. Hey you never can tell when a supercharger might save your life.

After that one all the rest of my lame excuses will seem reasonable.
94 B4000 4x4
78 Datsun
Old 06-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Junior User

02 LariatFX4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
just tell her its so you can get home to her faster ..lol
it works with my wife...but then I could buy a jet engine with afterburners for my truck and she would just wonder why it is so bright behind the truck at night....not the smartest cookie when it comes to vehicles...but damn she is good lookin...isnt that all we ever want in a woman...no mechanical clue and looks...perfect 10 for me anyways...good luck with the plan
Old 06-19-2006, 04:53 PM
FTE Sponsor

ROUSH_Chris is starting off with a positive reputation.
As a current Roush employee and have driven and installed a couple of the Roshchargers I can definatley tell you the Roushcharger does not have alot of whine under normal load or driving. Now if you punch the gas or have heavy lead foot you will definatley hear the supercharger. The new f-150's also have excellent sound proofing which really helps cut down on the noise inside the cab.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:53 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150