Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2006, 08:26 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Animal Fat...YEACH!

I WILL NEVER EAT AT TACO B AGAIN!

This stuff smells NASTY This Plant is the main supplier for "pre-cooked" meat for the west. I am glad to report that it makes great Biodiesel!!

I received the samples from the plant this morning and did some preliminary tests. The oil is like paste and will not pour at 65*F. Once heated above 75*F it is very clear with no particules visible at all. Only 1.2 percent water, so no problem with that. When mixed it looks like orange juice! I made 4 test 1 Ltr test batches and posted them here: http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/fabmandelux

The Goop in the pan is what it looks like before heating. The pan with the thermometer in it shows no bubbles of steam at 120+deg F. The bright orange jar is what it looks like right after mixing. The pic with 4 jars from left to right, #1, 14gms KOH/ Ltr, #2, 16gms/Ltr, #3, 20gms/Ltr, #4, 24gms/Ltr.

The Bio is very clear in the test sample #3, so will use 20 grams per liter as a base amount. The pics were taking after only 3 hrs settling, so will know more in the morning. Tomorrow night I will do cloud point testing in the fridge. Will post more tomorrow.

FABMANDELUX.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE

Last edited by fabmandelux; 06-07-2006 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:15 PM
Posting Guru

adambomb has a good reputation on FTE.adambomb has a good reputation on FTE.
nice work. the color of the bio looks interesting...

2005 F350 6.0 (modded) ~450rwhp/900+ft/lb tq
1999 F350 7.3 (normal mods + 13" King Suspension on 40's)
1998 F150 (basic mods + 7" Suspension on 35's/Prerunner fiberglass and skidplace)
1994 Bronco (normal mods + 9" Coil Suspension on 35's)
Old 06-08-2006, 08:20 AM
Junior User

Quartlow is starting off with a positive reputation.
I wouldn't eat at TB in the first place Click the image to open in full size.

We had some grease that looked like that. Came from the local pie place, same as you had to heat it up to pour it. Made nice looking fuel.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:20 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels