1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

A F-1 Rat Rod I Actually Like

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 07:59 PM
51ford fan
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice looking truck

Old 08-16-2006, 09:20 PM
John - NNY
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4tl8ford
I like whats parked behind it alot more.
Which one? The blonde or the red head?

Old 08-16-2006, 10:30 PM
kooper909
Elder User
Not bad ... I like the red-oxide F1 with the wide whites better. A real hopped-up bare-bones deuce coupe is a real cool thing, but if you're starting with a '40s or '50s vehicle, they tend to look better with the fenders still on 'em.

I know you guys will chastise me for this, but I really like the early '50s Chevy suburbans like that one in the background. And it looks even better on the ground.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:32 PM
SunDown
Senior User
Originally Posted by kooper909
I know you guys will chastise me for this, but I really like the early '50s Chevy suburbans like that one in the background. And it looks even better on the ground.
NAAAAWWWW, I got your back on that one, that suburban is pretty sic lookin.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:51 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by John - NNY
Which one? The blonde or the red head?
The Skate Board, not the Skank Broad.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:32 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Dang, I still am not too impressed with either one, but if I had my choice, I'd choose between the lesser of two evils.

Just seems like a lot of time to spend to make it look as if you cobbled something together...both trucks don't look like they are sportnig original frame/suspension, means the owwers had to put some time and effort into it.

That's my thing about the "RatRod" craze, sure, if you have a '48 F1, then turn it into a RatRod, I've no issues with that, but if you have a '48 F1, then go off and buy "this", and grab "that", then add "this"., it's really not a "run what ya brung" type of thing.

What the heck, just my opinion, if ya like'em, then you'll love'em, but if you're like me you'll keep walking by and wonder why the heck after all that work, the ******* didn't at least shoot a coat of primer on it?

I don't ever recall rust being cool.

Last edited by 3Mike6; 08-18-2006 at 11:35 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:32 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by 4tl8ford
The Skate Board, not the Skank Broad.
Dang now I have coffee all over my keyboard!

Old 08-19-2006, 04:36 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by 3Mike6
What the heck, just my opinion, if ya like'em, then you'll love'em, but if you're like me you'll keep walking by and wonder why the heck after all that work, the ******* didn't at least shoot a coat of primer on it?

I don't ever recall rust being cool.
Welcome to the 21st century! rust or "patina" as it's politely called IS today what primer was last generation, like it or not.

Old 08-19-2006, 07:48 AM
55paneltrk.
Junior User

I believe the Rat Rod thing is just a way of the younger generation doing their own thing. Its a low budjet project for sure, but their is some talent in the mechanics and fabrication. When it comes to the rust and primmer that tells me that if it had a glossy paint job, well you know. Primmer is still the easy way out. If its worth doing, Do it right. Just my opinion, I know just like a bung hole, everyone has one.

Old 08-19-2006, 08:40 AM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 467 Likes on 303 Posts
I really appreciate the creativity invloved with piecing together these vehicles, I just wouldn't want to own one...I guess if I was half my age and had enough hair to slick back into a DA and wore rolled up cuff Levis with a pack of Luckies rolled into my T-shirt sleeve then I would see things differently... :~)

Old 08-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Randy Jack
Postmaster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CharlieLed
I really appreciate the creativity invloved with piecing together these vehicles, I just wouldn't want to own one...I guess if I was half my age and had enough hair to slick back into a DA and wore rolled up cuff Levis with a pack of Luckies rolled into my T-shirt sleeve then I would see things differently... :~)
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Here, in California, there is quite a following for this style of rod, including the DA haircut, bobby socks, etc. They have their own "shows" sometimes and I have seen TV programs about the "new culture". Kinda cool. Just not my style.

I think it's interesting the this new culture is populated by folks who weren't even born when it was really going on. I also don't recall the "Tuffs" who had these rods also wearing lots of tatoos and body piercing.

I must be getting old.

Old 08-19-2006, 07:03 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Originally Posted by AXracer
Welcome to the 21st century! rust or "patina" as it's politely called IS today what primer was last generation, like it or not.
Lol, I remember when it was rust and you wouldnt want it to be seen.

I must be getting on in years, guess I'll have to go out and yell at the neighbor kids for riding thier bikes in my driveway

And all these years I've been trying to stop rust from being visable....

Old 08-19-2006, 08:53 PM
HOTRODSURFER
Junior User
NICE!im very partial to rat rods

Old 08-20-2006, 12:23 PM
52pickup
Freshman User
By the time I skip the Sheevys and the Sheevy powered (fill in the blank)there ain't much to look at our local cruise-in!Just can't get interested in the 32 red Ford with the gray interior and the 350/350 drivetrain,I like something different in the driveline area,but that's just me.I laugh when these guys that build a Stude or Nash or other offbeat body tell me how different they are being and then they lift the hood and there is that usual,boring Sheevy engine.There again,JMO!
There are a couple of rat rods here,one has an old hemi in it and is pretty neat looking.
The only reason I drove crappy looking/primed cars in the late 50s,early 60s was I couldn't afford paint!!!But hey,to each his own with the rat rod fad,I can take em or leave em.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:03 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Here's one to repulse you

Well, I decided to revive this thread, I have revived old threads before,this "rat rod" has to be the worst contraption I have see on our favorite auction site:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

Read the description, it's one of a kind. It hurts just looking at the pictures. If you want it the bidding is starting at $1250.00.

The yard behind it looks to have some cool stuff in though.

Quick Reply: A F-1 Rat Rod I Actually Like