Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
The boy who was gonna buy my diesel is going to be out of it for a long time...

I heard that he slammed a Nissan into a big ol' maple last night driving stupid fast on an undivided road around here.

The tree didn't get so much as a leaf shook off it - it was four or five feet thick in the trunk.

The car looked like a giant cajun was playing Creole music with it....

One boy was medivac'd out with a couple of busted vertebra, and is in a full cast. He had no insurance and had not even titled the thing yet!

I don't know who was driving at the time.

The thing is, the fella had just traded a Caprice for it, and was planning to turn around and sell it to raise more cash. I guess he done busted his flush here...

I guess the bottom line here is that chance favors responsible people. Man who owned it was home from the hospital this morning, his knees got partly trashed. Good thing there were only the two of 'em involved. Like I say - I can't confirm that the owner or (the next buyer?) was behind the wheel.

If it was the owner, he's up a crick without even a keel under him!

If he was not driving - I'd say he's still in for a whole mess of liability.
1) Participating in the operation of an unregistered and uninsured vehicle.
2) I don't know how far the law goes when a machine is being test driven, but it's arguable that he should have yanked the keys out or something if it was being driven irresponsibly.
3) Far as I know, the owner of the machine is responsible.
4) I don't know if you can claim to have been an unwilling participant if you got in the car of your own free will. Once you break one law, your umbrella is plumb wore out...

Last edited by Greywolf; 06-05-2006 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:59 PM