Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Truck Pulling

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 05:04 PM
SilverHighboy
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trying to get the motor in right now but have to modify the tranny a little to get the 3 disc sliper to fit. Weld the rear end solid and replace all the U joints. It won't see a paint job until next year but I'm sure more issues will arise. I've been traveling alot with work (I'm actually out by Lubbock TX as we speak) and haven't had alot of time to work on it. Time will tell?!?

Old 06-09-2006, 03:11 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have a safe trip and keep us updated. Last night we got most of the rear-end mounting welded up. This weekend we hope to finish that, weld the wheels up, and get started on the wiring.

Old 06-12-2006, 03:52 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Been quiet around here so I thought I would throw out an update. We got the rear-end in and welded up with the ladder bars. Yesterday after a clustered mess we got the wheels mocked up and tack welded. Hopefully my Uncle gets those finished welded tomorrow so we can mount the tires and then drop it to the ground and build our hitch and add any bracing that we see fit. Unfortunately we are starting to run out of stuff to do so we may have to start the wiring tonight.... (YUCK! Not looking forward to that.) I will try to get some updated pictures soon.

Old 06-12-2006, 04:51 PM
SilverHighboy
Junior User
Your making some good progress! I got back late friday night and we had a wedding saturday and yesterday well lets just say I had to recover from the wedding. Anyway the weather is nice so I'm hoping to get the motor in tonight so I can get everything mocked up for fit. I don't envy you on the wireing but if you are starting from scratch it's alot easier than using the old and tracing things.

Old 06-15-2006, 01:43 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you guys know when the Springfield an Adams pull is I would like to know just in case I might want to attend. The power pullers website is just for there pulls so do not have those down. Im really enjoying this thread. Hope you guys are having good luck on your trucks an everything is coming to together for you. Good Luck an hope to see you at one off the pulls. Any other pulls off interest let me know. Thanks

Old 06-15-2006, 02:39 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
It looks like the pull in Springfield is on August 3 at 7:00PM according to their website.

Looking at the Adams County Fair website it doesn't look like they will be having a pull. And according to the NeTPA website they don't have a date set.

Hope that helps ya.

At the rate we are going we hope to be ready for Red Oak, IA on July 2. Stopped by last night to check on things after school. Tires and rims were mounted and it was sitting on the ground again. Most of the wiring inside of the cab is done. I will be gone this weekend and all of next week so I am not sure what will happen when I am gone. Will get pictures and more updates when I can.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:57 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Hey Silverhighboy any progess on the pullin truck. Just curious. Gettin closer to the truck pulls. Looks like July when the pulls get goin real good. Cant wait to see the finished product. Hopefully will make it to some off the pulls an see you pull. CB superduty was also going to build a pull truck but I see he hasnt check in in awhile. Hope you got recovered from the wedding.

BTW not really pertaining to this thread. So how did you get started in truck pulling? Being from the Wahoo area thats probably a stupid question. Quite a sport around that area. How have you done through the years?

Old 06-24-2006, 12:00 AM
SilverHighboy
Junior User
I have been swamped at work this past three weeks so unfortunetly I haven't got much done it wouldn't be so bad but when I'm busy I'm usually traveling overnight for two to three days and then I need to make sure the family time is balanced so that leaves me with just a little bit of time for the truck but I'm hoping to get some more done on it this week. I started truck pulling in 96 mainly because of friends that started a couple of years before that. Like you mentioned the Wahoo area has plenty of people in the sport and I grew up around a couple of the sanctioned guys one of which ran an 76 ford and have been hooked ever since. Up until this year I have always pulled street stock and am trying to make the leap to modified only time will tell. I will post updates as I go but the plan is to get at least one pull in before Wahoo to see what kind of problems I will run into but no matter what I will be pulling the silver one to get my fix.

Old 06-24-2006, 06:32 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Good Luck an if I make it to Wahoo Ill be sure an look for you. Thats devotion trying to devote enough time for work,family an pulling. An fit enough hours in to do it all. Like you said once you get hooked pardon the pun its like a drug you never get enough.

Old 06-25-2006, 08:28 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Well time will tell if we can get done this week and make it to Red Oak, IA. I just got back from the family vacation on Friday. We worked a little that night and then most of the day yesterday. I did get to hear it run briefly yesterday. It sounded good and tight. Need to do some carb work and then time it as I don't think they will like the flames shooting out of the headers. Drive shaft is now put in and we are hoping to get the U-Joint sheilds and part of the hitch made today. It will be close but we think we can make it.

Old 06-25-2006, 11:34 PM
SilverHighboy
Junior User
Just got in the house myself from working on the truck and made a little progress. I ended up using the headers that I had and modified the steering to clear them. Got everything measured in the engine compartment and pulled the motor back out so I can make some more brackets. I might be heading over to Red Oak with Smokin 7 but just to watch. As the song goes One Piece at a Time!

Old 06-26-2006, 08:23 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
You probably don't want to know how many times that song has been sung around our shop. Yesterday I got to the shop around 9:30 only to find a buddies race car in pieces and had to help him as he is leading points in the Hobby Stocks at NRP on Sunday nights. So around 3:00 we got to work on the truck. We got the main part of our hitch built (truck side as we are building ours like a reciever hitch). We also put some tow loops on the bottom of the frame so we can strap the truck down to the trailer. Hopefully tonight we will be it braced and get the driveline sheilds done along with a couple of other things. Last night I updated the website with a few more pics. You can see the wheels we built, the bar tires, the rear-end and ladder bars.

If you make it to Red Oak and see a JD Green Ford stop by and say hello.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:53 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Silver... Just noticed the pics of your build. It looks like it is coming along. I was confused for a moment as I was looking at the Humbolt results and saw a truck called "Open the Gate" and was like I though he wasn't ready yet. I then looked up your truck name and noticed it was different.

Updates... Last night we ran out of wire for the welder so tonight will be hitch and driveshaft shields (hopefully). With the lack of welding last night we painted the front wheels JD yellow, put the doors on and sanded the rust spots down a little more, and made the first cuts in the hood. The hood will now sit on the truck. We still have some more cutting to do though.

Old 06-29-2006, 08:11 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Fordtruckpuller I know the power pullers will be pulling. But I assume stock trucks from around the area will be pulling to. Is this just srtictly a truck pull no tractors just curious. I might be making the trip but it will be a long one for me about 2.5 hrs so. Do they usually have a lot off trucks pull other then the power pullers?. Thanks for your help. BTW hope the truck is coming along fine. I bet your getting pumped about the pull. Good Luck

Last edited by 150ford; 06-29-2006 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:38 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Just curious to if you or Silverhighboy know when the Tekamah,NE pull is. I looked all over the net an cannot find anything about it. But I know there having a tractor pull on the forth. Thanks

Quick Reply: Truck Pulling