Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Truck Pulling

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 02:01 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is never a shortage of that around the shop if we are there. I might have picked up a few before the pictures... I look forward to the updated shots.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:24 AM
The Freak
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I didn't get any photos taken this weekend. The rain was putting a little damper on things. I did get my tires put on and started on some other things. I'm hoping to finish those up soon and maybe next weekend the weather will be a little nicer so I can get it out.

I went up to Loy's yesterday and checked out some of the projects. He has a two-wheel drive he is pretty far on for his daughter. He also has Hookin there. A guy that pulls out West bought it so he is going to build an engine for that. Sounded like the guy got a pretty good deal on it. He basically got the complete truck (rearend, tires, chassis, body) minus the motor and transmission for $2000.

Did you guys get anything else done this weekend or were you just trying to survive the storms??

Old 05-07-2007, 09:34 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Too bad I was looking forward to some pics. Yes that does sound like a pretty good deal. Did he say if they were gonna run Hookin' with us? Are they (Loy) going to run 3 trucks this year? I am guessing it is a 2wd mod, correct? I heard that he was going to be building a couple of new trucks for our class, wonder if that happened??

Didn't get a whole lot done with those damned storms and moving stuff around with the flooding. Got the box sat back on but not bolted down yet, built a floor around the shift tower, painted the inside of the truck, started running the clutch cable, and started building the throttle. We are hoping to fire it this week but I think that is a pretty lofty goal. Time will tell though. Still need to wire it, drop the distributer, hook up coolant lines, bolt down box, put fuel cell back in, replumb the fuel cell and the new carb, put in new fuel filter & pump, and re run the batter cables to the box. Just depends on how much other stuff we run into or other projects we get on.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:50 AM
The Freak
Senior User
Hookin and the truck he building for his daughter will be in your class. I don't think they will be done until later in the season though. He also has Nelson's truck the red Chevy from last year. They changed a few things on it so that one will be ready also.

Like I said you should be able to get quite a bit of that done. I bet you guys are anxious to hear it run. I'm hoping to get quite a bit done this weekend. I'm hoping my carburetor will come in next week. Once I get that on, we will be able to put in the new plugs, run through the valves, check the timing and do some other adjustments.

What type of carburetor did you guys go with?? Did you ever figure out what head and intake combination were on your new engine. I always thought that engine had the Police Interceptor heads on it, but maybe not.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:03 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Yes we are excited. It has a Demon carb and an Offenhouser (spelling??) intake. I keep forgetting to look at the head castings but I will one of these days. They have had some work done to them though...

So then it sounds like we will gain a truck in our classe (at least later in the season). Nelson's truck is pretty neat but he seems to go in spurts. One hook he seems to be up there with the big boys and then the next he will be really far behind. Still neat to see him with that small block stroker. Are you allowed to say anything about the new truck (I am guessing it is a ford) or updates out of their team?

How is Chris' new truck coming? Are they gonna be done for Craig?

Old 05-07-2007, 10:38 AM
The Freak
Senior User
What size of Demon did you end up buying?? I haven't decided if I'm going to try get rid of the one I have on The Wood now or hang on to it in case I get some crazy idea to try and run 2x4's someday. Probably better hang on to it .

The truck Loy is building for his daughter is a 78 or 79 Ford. It has a really nice original body. He said they probably won't get it painted this year, but it will look pretty nice the way it is. Yeah, that is what they were trying to fix on Nelson's truck. It just depended on whether or not he would get on top of the cam. They changed the convertor and the gears so this year it should be a little better. The truck used to be a small block. Last year, they put a 468 in it.

Chris isn't really doing too much on his two-wheeler. He had to order some engine parts. I'm not sure what he is doing for a chassis yet??

Old 05-07-2007, 10:49 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
950 is what we are starting at. What size do you have and what size are you going to? You using Demon's too?

I didn't realize that he switched to a 468. Hopefully they will get those trucks done. Some don't like competition but in my eyes the more the merrier. Hopefully we will have our Cepeks back either late this week or early next week.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:21 AM
The Freak
Senior User
Yes, I am running Demons. The one I have on there right now is an 850 Race Demon. We jetted it up as much as possible. I ordered a 1095 King Demon. From what I can tell, the engine sounds pretty strong now, but I think the bigger carb will really help it out.

Yes, there will definately be alot of two-wheel drives in the club. Do the guys with the 4wds still planning on joining?? I think if guys see other people running street tires in the club, they may be more apt to pulling with the club.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:31 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
As far as I know. I need to venture over there one night as it is only a couple miles out of my way on the way home. They were a bit suprised by the time getting bumped up to June 9th but who knows. When people want something bad enough they will do what it takes to get it done. They are hoping to have the truck painted and have the motor back by then. They aren't too thrilled to join but we have been giving them so much crap that I think they are and will run at least a few NPPA hooks. I think if they can compete then they will run more often but if they don't then they may take their toys and go home. Who knows... Can't make everyone happy. I know that they are against running bars so they will definately run street tires.

Will Loy's daughter be running both trucks this year or how is that gonna work. You still planning on being at Craig if their isn't a little one appearing that day?

Old 05-07-2007, 11:36 AM
The Freak
Senior User
Well, I think Jeremy and I are both going to be running street tires. At least at the beginning, so they will not be the only ones.

Loy's third oldest daughter just turned 16 so she will be running the new truck. I know must be rough huh!! Yes, I plan on making it to Craig. You hit the nail on the head though with that one. Right now, I just hope everything goes well, and maybe with some luck I will be able to make it up there.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:48 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Who is Jeremy and what truck does he run?

Old 05-07-2007, 11:54 AM
The Freak
Senior User
Jeremy Stephen's. Aggravator-Open The Gate. I'm not sure what he is calling it these days. He had it up in Duqoin, IL this winter. I need to give him a call and see what info he will give me about what he is doing this year.

http://www.pulloff.com/cgi-bin/album...2FIMG_2519.JPG

Old 05-07-2007, 04:05 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Oh OK. Now I know who you are talking about. So he is gonna run streets? I think last year at the few pulls I saw him at he ran bars. Good lookin truck for one of those ‘other’ brands…. You just make your way around to everybody's shops and trucks don't ya..

Old 05-07-2007, 04:31 PM
The Freak
Senior User
Yeah, he ran bar tires at all of the NPPA pulls. There was a couple other pulls that he went to that he ran street tires.

Yeah, I pretty much bs with everybody about this stuff. Heck, if you guys weren't so far away, I'd probably swing over there, drink a few beers and look at some stuff. Pretty much now though, I will be glued at home finishing up my own stuff.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:42 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Anytime you get over this way let us know. We are always up for a few beers.

Quick Reply: Truck Pulling