Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Roushcharger sound?

Old 06-13-2006, 04:15 AM
pilot10
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roushcharger sound?

I'm doing some homework here so please bear with me. A new truck is in the horizon. The "old" one is paid off in a few months and I am going to replace it with a new 150 either '07 or '08(most likely). I've already laid the groundwork with the wife and she might even be accepting of the idea by the time I actually get it

Here are the important questions for today:

As I drive off somewhere, without my lead foot on, will the wife know there's a Roushcharger on it just from the sound of the engine?

If she drives it but doesn't give it a lot of gas will she know there's a Roushcharger on it?

I'm certainly not trying to deceive anyone

However I don't want and never hear the end of it.

If it won't be apparent all the time then I can get by with a description like "It's got the more powerful engine" or "this is how it came from the dealer". Or "it's Polarbear's fault, he made me do it"

If she will be constanly reminded of my need for power then I've got Xmas, birthday, anniversary(20th), and Valentines day to convince her that it is a necessary option. Not that she wouldn't get nice things from me anyway, but I may have to opt for jewelry instead of the Ford t-shirt and baseball cap.

Thanks,
Tim

Old 06-13-2006, 08:00 AM
Jrich1
Junior User
I dont know specifically about the roushcharger, but typically SC'ers do have a whine to them that can be heard.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:07 AM
pilot10
More Turbo
And a beautiful sound it is, but also a dead give away. I was next to a Roush 150 last week and didn't hear it. But it was pretty windy and we were on a road next to a busy freeway.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Jrich1
Junior User
I would just play dumb

Old 06-13-2006, 02:36 PM
rambunctious
Senior User
under light load, you cannot hear the roushcharger. i drove an intercooled stage III from Roush for 225 miles.

when you do hit it, it has more of a buzzing sound than a high whistle. not obnoxious at all, In fact, the cheby you are leaving in the dust next to you will prolly hear more whine than you will inside the cab......

new F150- $35k
Roush stage III upgrade package $18k
friends hearing the supercharger and wife clueless........priceless.

Ramb

Old 06-13-2006, 02:47 PM
FTE Jason
Site Administrator

If she drives it but doesn't give it a lot of gas will she know there's a Roushcharger on it?

Yes and she will thank you for buying one because they FLY.

Old 06-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thread moved to Roushcharger F-150 forum at request of thread author.

-Matt

Old 06-14-2006, 12:55 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Just tell her it has a noisy power steering pump, like all Fords ever made. Owner's Bronco with the powerdyne blower under the hood is dead silent until you jump on it.

Last edited by polarbear; 06-14-2006 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:34 PM
pilot10
More Turbo
Thanks for the replies. I'm definitely good at playing dumb

Now I have to start collecting reasons why I can't live without it.

Maybe I'll start by finding that movie w/ Chuck Norris where he's knocked out by the villains and buried alive in his blown Blazer. Once he wakes up he douses himself with half a beer, drinks the rest, hits the gas and blasts out from underneath tons of dirt. Hey you never can tell when a supercharger might save your life.

After that one all the rest of my lame excuses will seem reasonable.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:46 AM
02 LariatFX4
Junior User
just tell her its so you can get home to her faster ..lol
it works with my wife...but then I could buy a jet engine with afterburners for my truck and she would just wonder why it is so bright behind the truck at night....not the smartest cookie when it comes to vehicles...but damn she is good lookin...isnt that all we ever want in a woman...no mechanical clue and looks...perfect 10 for me anyways...good luck with the plan

Old 06-19-2006, 04:53 PM
ROUSH_Chris
FTE Sponsor
As a current Roush employee and have driven and installed a couple of the Roshchargers I can definatley tell you the Roushcharger does not have alot of whine under normal load or driving. Now if you punch the gas or have heavy lead foot you will definatley hear the supercharger. The new f-150's also have excellent sound proofing which really helps cut down on the noise inside the cab.

Search this Thread