Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Events & Happenings
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2000, 08:39 AM
New User

DonN1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Pigeon Forge Picnic and Breakfast

I must not be holding my mouth right with this message board thing. I'll get the hang of it eventually....
Here's what Ken said regarding the picnic a couple of weeks back: "The Georgia LoRider picnic is on Friday, not Saturday. I was basically told
that I got my signals crossed and must have thought it was Saturday. Its at 6 on Friday. The shopping is done around 4 and everyone pitches in with the setup around 5. We'll be doing that part this year. After the picnic, everyone
pitches in and cleans up. I've got the shopping list from them and we need to add extra for our head count. The LoRiders will bring all the grilling equipment and utensils. Everyone is responsible for their own drinks."

I guess a little of that has changed since Ken posted the shopping list.

So, here it is in a nutshell:
6:00PM Friday - Picnic, behind Grand Hotel
9:00AM Saturday - Breakfast at Alan Jackson's Show Car Cafe

Due to a scheduling conflict, I won't make it to the picnic. Drat, drat, double drat!!!! The first you will see of me is some time Saturday morning. I'd like everybody who can to pitch in on the picnic! Breakfast will be easy, because we need only show up, pay, and eat. The picnic will be a bit more invlolved. I WAS going to help cook, but I can't now. Who can flip burgers?

I'm going to post this message to the AFTE list, too, by the way, so everybody sees it.
Old 04-28-2000, 08:57 AM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation

I'll help with the burgers, but I won't do it alone!

Ken Payne

Old 04-29-2000, 08:37 AM
New User

gpeters3 is starting off with a positive reputation.

Unless something terrible happens between now and then we will be arriving at the Grand on the evening of the 13th. If things do not go as usual that will be early evening but if it goes as usual you will all be in bed by the time we get there :-) If we get there early enough it might be fun to have dinner with another early arrival so I'm offering my invitation right now :-)

I will bring one cooler which can hold a couple of six packs of pop (coke 20 oz) in case it's needed to keep something fresh on Friday but there is no room for extra chairs so will be bringing two folding directors chairs for my wife and I, sorry :-( Wheel chair and portapottie took up all my space this trip. An Aerostar is NOT a full size, sorry to say :-( That becomes very apparent when you try to turn the wheel chair sideways inside the van...If I can squeeze a card table in I will bring one :-)

I will be available to help with the cooking if I or my wife doesn't get sick so that we can't attend. With a whole week to do our sight seeing Friday can be set aside easily enough and that's my plan. As soon as anyone from the food committee gets there, give me a call at the Grand and we'll get together on the buying trip etc.. (Anyone else is welcome to call as well so we can meet etc..:-)) Leave messages if you don't get me on the first try :-)
Old 04-29-2000, 05:32 PM
New User

DonN1 is starting off with a positive reputation.

Okay, Ken's going to help with the cooking, and Gary's going to do what he can. Great! Any more volunteers?

By the way, how do I make the smily face thingies work?
Old 05-16-2000, 07:47 PM
New User

57F100inTN is starting off with a positive reputation.

Guys,

I plan to make it in town at least by 3:00pm. I am shooting for noon (but often shoot myself in the foot. You know - try to leave by 5:00am and you'll leave at 7!) If I get there that early I should be able to help out with the shopping and the cooking, and maybe the cleaning if we are tidy enough (just kidding). We are staying at the KOA in a popup camper by the swimming pool if possible. I walked to the show last year.

See ya there!

Glenn in TN
Old 05-16-2000, 10:00 PM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation

When you post, there is a link above the post form that says "Emotion icon short cuts" that describes the icons.

Keith Srb is over here and we'll be leaving first thing in the morning for the show. We expect to be there before noon.....

Ken Payne

Old 01-14-2001, 08:21 PM
Posting Guru

Thudpucker is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

Is Pigeon Forge in America somewhere? If it is, what State might it be in?

How far might it be from Southwest Louisiana?
Old 01-14-2001, 10:13 PM
Posting Guru

hotrodford_88 is starting off with a positive reputation.

Pigeon Forge is in Tennessee. I want to go but it will probably have to be next year! At least to the nationals show that is! I am going to be busy down here in SE Texas showing my new toy.

You can see my new toy by clicking on the link below!
Check it out.

[link:www.geocities.com/hotrodford_88/1965_F100.html|Hotrodford_88's 1965 F-100!]

1965 F-100, 390, Edelbrock Performer RPM, Holley 600, Pertronix ignition, Edelbrock Performer Cam, K&N Air Filter, Flowmaster 2 chamber mufflers, Heddman Headers, A/C, Lokar transmission mounted shift
Old 01-16-2001, 10:40 AM
Junior User

sb2371 is starting off with a positive reputation.

If anyone can give me some specific details as to when and where events (and what kind) wil be taking place I would like to know. I know that the whole deal is takin place at the Grand Hotel, but are there other events happening that are not getting posted.... Ken, can you please help?? it sure would be nice to know what is happening as events are being planned. I am planning on staying at the Kings RV Park. I will be bring my '71 F-100, as is condition. Truck had perfect glass in it until last thursday when a rock hit the front window. You want to talk about mad!!! to say the least.

Strawberry
Ain't nothin like an old Ford and the shake that you get going down the road...
Old 01-19-2001, 11:52 AM
Junior User

Thud,
The wife and I are planning on leaving Montgomery around 12:00 on the 16th.. we are tent camping at the Kings RV Park.... We will be driving from here to around Chattanooga and spending the night there and then going on to PF the morning of the 17th.

If you would like, we can run up together..... If anyone else would like to run together it would be great... the more Fords you can get going together the more fun it can be...

Derrick Percival AKA Strawberry
'71 F-100 Custom
If one takes the time to do something right the first time will not have to do it over a second.
Old 02-20-2001, 03:23 PM
Junior User

Old 02-20-2001, 03:23 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Events & Happenings

Tags
forge, koacomcampigeonforge, picnic, pigeon