Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2006, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
tried biodiesel in the semi the past couple days

I am a company driver, so have to fuel at places the company excepts but found a place that sells B20, that is on our fuel list. Well the bio is 3 cents cheaper, adn even though I don't pay the fuel bill, I still try and save the company money as if it's good for them then my job is more secure. And besides this place is trying to get people to try it, and if you pull up to the bio pumps it's full service.
Well have only run one tank so far, but the truck on regular dino fuel seems to get 5.5-5.8mpg, this one tank got 6.1mpg, and no loss of power that I can feel. I know one tank isn't gonna tell it all, but thats the first time in 215,000 miles the truck has ever broken the 6mpg mark.

RIP Steve Bricks. FTE will not be the same.

Will be forever glad to have had the privilege to shake your hand and BS in person.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:09 AM
Posting Guru

Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
dont forget to change your fuel filters soon.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:59 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterbaby
I am a company driver, so have to fuel at places the company excepts but found a place that sells B20, that is on our fuel list. Well the bio is 3 cents cheaper, adn even though I don't pay the fuel bill, I still try and save the company money as if it's good for them then my job is more secure. And besides this place is trying to get people to try it, and if you pull up to the bio pumps it's full service.
Well have only run one tank so far, but the truck on regular dino fuel seems to get 5.5-5.8mpg, this one tank got 6.1mpg, and no loss of power that I can feel. I know one tank isn't gonna tell it all, but thats the first time in 215,000 miles the truck has ever broken the 6mpg mark.
Great to hear Rob! I've picked up milage on mine too. But hey, HOW DID THE RACE GO ??

FABMANDELUX.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 05-31-2006, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
fabman, the racing was really rough sunday night, by the time they got to the open class (I run modified, and open/outlaw) the track was getting way out of shape first race the truck in the left lane crossed over the center and into the right lane out of that lane and almost into the crowd. They reworked the track the second race the truck in the right lane lost it skipped sideways and flipped HARD, ripped the front axle clear out, only thing left of the truck was the cab and that was held up by the roll cage. My first pass I came off the line lifted the front end went hard right and ended up on the right hand track. my next race I was in the right track and ended up going out of the track at the crowd got out of it back into the track but lost by about a foot. Basically the track was just to hard to control the high hp rigs, the lower class superstock rigs that moved up into modified actually ended up winning because they could keep the trucks on the ground.

Will be forever glad to have had the privilege to shake your hand and BS in person.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:34 PM
Posting Guru

dschuffert is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.dschuffert is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
That is great to hear! I would rather support an American farmer than a foreign oil Shiek.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

second tank was today, 5.8mpg, which isn't bad since we had 49060lbs in the box, gross total weight of 78,900lbs usually that equates to less than 5.5 with this truck.
Phydeaux88, we have a clear fuel filter bowl, you change the filter when the fuel level reaches a certian point on the filter, everytime I get in the truck and when fuel I always look at it, since I am opening hte hood anyway, and it's attached to the frame, so the fuel filter is an easy spot on this and always carry a couple of spares in the truck because you never know when your gonna get some bad fuel and plug one up.

Old 05-31-2006, 09:17 PM
Postmaster

bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.
Monsterbaby, Was the fuel a premium fuel with B20 or straight #2 w/ B20 ?? I've been running with prem + B20.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:51 PM
Senior User

IABill is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Talking

Monster, Where are you gettin B-20 in IA or ILL by any chance. We are back racin the bikes again AMA Dist 17 running to ILL about every weekend cept last weekend week off. Week B-4 in Quincy this Sat in Galesburg. Like to try some commerical B-20. Got my first batch of WVO to turn into fuel but don't quite have stuff ready to brew the first batch......Bill.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator

Bill, We are getting that at the Sapp Bros, in council bluffs.

Old 06-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Posting Guru

Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterbady
Phydeaux88, we have a clear fuel filter bowl, you change the filter when the fuel level reaches a certian point on the filter, everytime I get in the truck and when fuel I always look at it, since I am opening hte hood anyway, and it's attached to the frame, so the fuel filter is an easy spot on this and always carry a couple of spares in the truck because you never know when your gonna get some bad fuel and plug one up.
Sounds like ya got it covered
Old 06-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Senior User

IABill is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Smile

Thank's, Kinda the wrong side of the state. Guess I need to look at racin in NE
Old 06-01-2006, 12:46 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels