Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2006, 08:37 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

Fraalan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Do I need Diesel Kleen with B-20 or B-50

I finally found my local BD distributor. I am starting with B-50 and may go to B-20 depending on if I want to visit the "hood" more often.
I was using DK with straight dino 16 oz per 24 gal tank. Should I shelve the rest of DK until I am stuck running with 100% dino? For that matter what about B-99?

1999 F250 7.3

Thanks

Last edited by Fraalan; 05-30-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:07 PM
1935 Ford pickup

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraalan
I finally found my local BD distributor. I am starting with B-50 and may go to B-20 depending on if I want to visit the "hood" more often.
I was using DK with straight dino 16 oz per 24 gal tank. Should I shelve the rest of DK until I am stuck running with 100% dino? For that matter what about B-99?

1999 F250 7.3

Thanks
Put it under the seat, that way if you have to use dino-diesel you have some in the truck. From B-5 to B-100 DK is just a waste of $$$$$$$$$$$. Let us know how you like it, and how your truck likes it.

FABMANDELUX.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

So far so good.
I started at B-50 or so and have edged up to around B-85 by adding 5 gals of b-99 at a time. It seems to be getting quieter as the % increases. at 50 the noise reduction was significant. I probably need to get off my **** and changer that filter now.
Sometime in the next week I have a tutorial meeting with a guy doing his own fryer fuel, I cant wait.

IS there a mixture of fryer oil and bio or dino that can be run without having to do those expensive mods?
Old 06-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraalan
IS there a mixture of fryer oil and bio or dino that can be run without having to do those expensive mods?
In a word NO
VO will not stay mixed with Bio or Dino, they will seperate into layers in your tank and you will be burning what ever is in the layer that surrounds the fuel pickup.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:45 AM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

MobeyDick is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydeaux88
In a word NO
VO will not stay mixed with Bio or Dino, they will seperate into layers in your tank and you will be burning what ever is in the layer that surrounds the fuel pickup.
I mix Diesel and SVO for my Trucks. 80% diesel and 20% SVO. I normally burn a tank ever 3 days, I do have one truck that sits sometimes for more than a week. I did a little test to see if they would stay mixed. 50/50 in a jar on a shelf for 2 weeks and there was NO Seperation layers!!
Old 06-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

Thats a good test.
have you tried to test 50 bio and 50 WVO?
Old 06-08-2006, 08:23 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels