The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

This forum+warm weather=memories

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 03:28 PM
soundwave
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile This forum+warm weather=memories

This next gen. forum and the warm weather of this weekend has me missing the days of old. Im 28 (yes too old for this forum, I guess) but it's got me thinking of when I was graduating high school (and the summer before my senior year) and Memorial Day weekend was here and school was out.

I remember hanging out late with my friends, driving around in my friends' dads' 1993 single cab Ranger. It was green and a long bed with a cap on top. We could smash 3-4 people in the single cab if we wanted to. Not comfy but effective. We'd bring my CB radio, or a bunch of tunes to listen to and cruise around all night with the windows down.

In the Detroit area, we have Meijers, a 24 hour department store that we'd go into in the middle of the night to bum around. We even got kicked out of a few diffrent Meijers for playing basketball in thier sports section, lol. Then we'd go to White Castle, which was open 24 hours too, for a sack of ten cheeseburgers and cruise around some more~but with the windows down for sure. Have you ever ate White Castle? If so, you know what I mean.

We did pretty much the same thing once I got to college. I was still too young to drink, and Im not a big drinker anyway except we had my 1995 Ranger Splash to drive around. It was super cab and we made it seat 5-two in the front, three in the back. I spent a lot of time in that truck. You got any moments that you think you'll miss years from now?

Last edited by soundwave; 05-26-2006 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:51 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea, we would regularly fit 17 poeople in the bed of my freinds isuzu honbre to get to the bar. talk about car pooling

Old 05-29-2006, 08:13 AM
Birdhunter1
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Lots of memories are brought back to me in this forum. I'm 25 but was a craphead long before I was 16, anyway yes this warm weather and so on has made me remember the 84 F-150 that dad and I restored and I had so much fun with it. Yes I remembeer the 10 people loaded in the back going to the lake with a few coolers full of beer.

Of course I also have fond memeories of the 84 Bronco II that my best friend had, that thing ought to be in a museum, or an evidence locker.

Lets just say it's a very good thing that vehicles don't talk and that vehicles of that age didn't have a "black box" and big brother wasn't able to track it's whereabouts or past locations.

Old 06-17-2006, 11:31 PM
79f-250custom
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahh yes,
last summer i can remember one time that sticks out the most. me and my buddy in his 89 Ford F-350IDI 4x4{biggest POS on the road and we were proud of it} wanted to have a little party. so we called up a few of our buddys and started picking htem up along with any dirtbikes or quads they had. by the time we had called every one we had 2 bikes and 3 quads 9 ppl in the bed and cab of that truck along with a 16 foot trailer. we drove out to our buddys pond and started having fun!
Mitch

Old 07-06-2006, 12:49 PM
76F250Gal
Senior User
I miss going up to silver lake with my buddies. Seems like someone always blew a tire on the way or something like that. Drinking by the fire and camping out. Things will never be like that again. Man those were the days.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:27 AM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Going to the lake and parties in the woods with all my friends, I'll miss that a long time from now...

One more year of high school...

RP
Zach

Old 07-12-2006, 01:32 PM
Schmids4.9l
Posting Guru
Yea it brings back memories, all the graduation partys. My class must of had 5,000 during the first half of the summer. We'd rally up all the small "get togethers" into one big party, good times. Highschool was great, spending all day with your buddies, b.s.ing in class, being care free, planning the party for friday night after the game, hopeing the "cool" guy is working at the drive thru, good stuff.