Programers

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 08:10 PM
BURNSTOUGHFORD
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Programers

I have a 99 F-150 With the 4.6, SC Flareside. I have a cold air kit and Flowmaster 50 series exaust. I have read all the posts about the Diablo Predator being a good programmer, but what about Superchips and Hypertech. The hyper tech claims to make some serious improvements at 1250 rpms, and thats right where the 4.6L needs it some help. Any input on which of the programers is best for perfomance would be great.

Old 05-24-2006, 09:10 PM
kspilkinton
Postmaster
All around, I'd say go with the SCT XCal2... I have the Predator for my 5.4 and it made improvements in the seat of the pants dyno, but the SCT appears to give a better fine control if you want to go into tweeking the parameters.

-Kerry

Old 05-25-2006, 06:04 PM
captchas
dito above me ! the xcal2 seems to be the best for a ford gas motor . what i have found is going into sctflash.com and find a dealer close to your home and let them custom tune for your truck. motor,trans, tires and rear axle ratio. you don't want the one with the stock we do all tunes the custom one works best and if the deale ris close they work more hand in hand with your neeeds and wants
also ken our web master has some very nastie tunes already done that just need loading into the tuner . check out motorheaven.