The spelled My name right!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 06:06 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking The spelled My name right!

News article on the Baker City Biodiesel Demo. I haven't even been to the shop since I got back! What a responce! Farmers around here are sooooo ready. Everybody wants to tour my new plant but they won't leave me alone long enough to finish it............Focus, Focus...........looks like I'll be headed to the Bend, Oregon area next, then probably Bose, Id. At least there willing to pay me for my work now, may have to hire another hand to help on the farm tho. Even got a call from a Co-Op in northern California today. I haven't forgotten everybody here tho, The plans and pictures for my new system are almost ready to post, Final plans and spec's for the Hydro-cyclone are almost finished too. If I have the time....................They should be ready next week, And they will be posted here on FTE first! Film at 11

http://www.bakercityherald.com/news/...?story_no=3502
A TIRED FABMANDELUX.

Last edited by fabmandelux; 05-23-2006 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:49 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That is absolutely awesome! Congratulations.

How long before "Fabman fuels" stations start opening on the left coast?

Old 05-23-2006, 08:15 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by cookie88
That is absolutely awesome! Congratulations.

How long before "Fabman fuels" stations start opening on the left coast?

Thanks Scott, But sorry no Fabman Fuels. When I've done all the R&D and everybodys making Bio I'll get bored and find something else they say I can't do and attack that....................I'ts my curse . Just ask all my buddys that have hot-rods I built, and sold to them so I could build something else. I need a challange or I get really bored. So little time.............So many projects

FABMANDELUX.

Old 05-24-2006, 07:02 AM
bhiggins
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabman

have you got any pictures of your processor up and running? I saw your pictures of your wvo machine in your pics can you explain how that works

I also use an open top processor and paddles to create a vortex. Mine is a 180 gallon stainless mixer i bought from a cotton mill (they used it to mix dyes and chemicals)

Higgins

Old 05-24-2006, 07:35 AM
leskwvo
Senior User
Fab this is great.

I read through the article and came away with why is Canola a dangerous crop. What's with the three mile buffer.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:03 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by leskwvo
Fab this is great.

I read through the article and came away with why is Canola a dangerous crop. What's with the three mile buffer.
It's what he didn't say that was important! The 3 mile buffer they require is for GMO seed only, and 90 percent of fall-seeded canola is natural seed, not GMO. In Baker City where I gave the demo the farmers are looking for a fall crop, so they can harvest it in late spring and still have enough water for another summer crop.

Most fall canola is not a GMO [Geniticly Modified Organism] but almost all spring canola is GMO. They use the 3mile buffer rule so non-GMO canola is less likely to be cross-pollenated.

The reason for the GMO canola is it has been modified to be tolerant of "Round-Up" herbiside"sp?" But the "greenies" don't want any GMO crops.

I talked with the reporter that did the story yesterday and he is going to check into this and Print an update stating the differance. We don't want anyone scared off by this buffer zone B.S.

He was also wrong about how quickly this will proceed. The responce is overwelming, my phone is ringing off the hook with farmers that want to make their own fuel. I'm working with new Co-Ops that have formed in just the last week from all over the state! More at 11

FABMANDELUX.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:13 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by bhiggins
Fabman

have you got any pictures of your processor up and running? I saw your pictures of your wvo machine in your pics can you explain how that works

I also use an open top processor and paddles to create a vortex. Mine is a 180 gallon stainless mixer i bought from a cotton mill (they used it to mix dyes and chemicals)

Higgins
Small world......My mother was a Higgins!

I don't know what you mean by "WVO machine", If you are talking about my "rotory-cleaner" in my gallery, it is used to clean and de-water the oil BEFORE it goes into the heating tank.

I didn't take much video of the "old" processor, and Most of it is in pieces now while I convert to the new processor. If they ever let me finish the new one I'll take video of it in operation and post a link here so all can see.

FABMANDELUX.

Old 05-24-2006, 02:07 PM
bhiggins
Senior User
sorry i should have looked back at the pictures and got the correct name.

the rotory cleaner

how does that work? and what is the purpose. I know to clean but what makes it any better than heat and filter .........or just fly screen for making bio

thanks
HIggins

did any of your Higgins family come from NC?

Old 05-24-2006, 02:52 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
sorry i should have looked back at the pictures and got the correct name.

the rotory cleaner

how does that work? and what is the purpose. I know to clean but what makes it any better than heat and filter .........or just fly screen for making bio

thanks
HIggins

did any of your Higgins family come from NC?
Volume...............I do 200-400 gallons at a time. If you look closer at the pictures you'll see it has an air operated "dumper" that dumps 2 oil cubes at a time. The stainless steel perforated drum turns at about 2.5 rpm while the 6" auger counter-rotates at about 50 rpm. The oil flows through the holes and the "crispies" Fry-bits,etc, fall out the other end into a 4" auger and into a trash barrel. Yeald? About 5 gal of "crispies" to every 500 gal of oil. Under the cleaner is a collection pan for the cleaned oil. The oil flows through a 3 stage water-trap[ also in my gallery ], from there the oil goes directly to the inlet of a 1hp pump, which dumps into the 500 gal heating tank.

I took out 90 percent of the labor and "mess" from my process. I can put any oil in, no matter how thick or "nasty" and out comes clean oil!

My new processer will be able to process 500 gal/day EVERYDAY. Thats if I want to be lazy..........the processer will do 100 gal/hr, but I do drink alot of coffee!

No, but alot of them migrated down from New England. Mine came here in 1633.
FABMANDELUX.

Last edited by fabmandelux; 05-24-2006 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:52 AM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone interested in hydrocyclones? I will try and get my costs on them and we can buy em at wholesale if you all like. Or you can make your own like fabman.

Old 05-25-2006, 05:32 AM
Orpackrat
Senior User
Originally Posted by kennedyford
Anyone interested in hydrocyclones? I will try and get my costs on them and we can buy em at wholesale if you all like. Or you can make your own like fabman.
I would be interested if the price is not too high. I am looking into building a processor or two as well as converting my truck to WVO, moding my truck, summer college classes, a job, and whatever else I can fit in. If the price is right for the hydroclones I may get them for the sole purpose of having one for my spontanious prodjects and biodiesel. Let me know the price, dimensions, and what size pump is required.

Thanks,

Orpackrat

Old 05-25-2006, 07:01 AM
bhiggins
Senior User
i would like to see schamatic (sp?) of the hydroclone if anyone has one. is there a thread explaining this

Old 05-25-2006, 07:50 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
i would like to see schamatic (sp?) of the hydroclone if anyone has one. is there a thread explaining this
Yep, https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=470932

Troy: The he.. with the hydrocyclone, How is your son??? Hope he's doing better.

FABMANDELUX.