1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Elimination of Door Chime

Old 09-06-2006, 05:21 PM
EnviroCon
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bczolone
Ok this worked for the seat belt buzzer on my '04

(all doors closed through the whole process)
1. wait until the seat belt light goes out
2. buckle and unbuckle the belt 3 times
3. turn the head lights on then off once
4. buckle and unbuckle the belt 3 more times
NOW the seat belt light should go back ON then:
5. buckle and unbuckle the belt ONE more time

and there you have it...well this is for an '04 mustang but it worked on my '04 F250 and also on my friends F350

Hope this helps.
Sweet! Worked perfectly on my '04. Now I don't have to hear that dinging when the trucks remote started. I could actually hear it over the diesel 10 feet away. Thanks a bunch.

Old 09-06-2006, 08:40 PM
RWB-PEC
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought I was replying to the seat belt buzzer. you can unhook the wire inside the sterring colum to get ride of that buzzer. After doing this the door will only unlock (when you push the door lock)when the engine is running,before unhooking the wire,the door would unlock if the key was in the ingnition running or not

Old 09-06-2006, 09:11 PM
dapgar
Senior User
I'm still trying to find out how to get the door chime to not go off in my 2006, with the key in it. for the seatbelt sound, i just looked under my power seat today, and just found the harness coming from the seatbelt lock, and unhooked it. it hasnt warned me of the seatbelt anymore. i wear it but when i start it up. i hate hearing it beep if i haven't put it on yet. now i just gotta get the key chime to go away.

i

Old 09-06-2006, 09:40 PM
RWB-PEC
New User
there is 3 screws holding the cover on the bottom of the steering colum remove them and take the cover off. there is allso a hole in the cover you can stick a small screwdriver or punch in with key in ingnition to remove ingnition switch, there is one wire going to key, remove it and wrap black tape around the end of wire

Old 09-06-2006, 10:20 PM
bczolone
Elder User
glad it worked...and as to the original post? (too lazy to go back now) there is a series of steps just like the seat belt buzzer to disable the safety locks, but the key buzzer will have to use your creative mind and perhaps some instruments...the problem with any of the programming steps is that the owners manual does not include what actually works...at least none of them worked on my '04...so???

Last edited by bczolone; 09-06-2006 at 10:22 PM. Reason: add stuff
Old 09-07-2006, 05:45 AM
dapgar
Senior User
i wouldn't even bother doing all the crap they tell you for the beltminder. just go under the seat and unplug the part that comes from the seatbelt clasp/lock. it doens't effect the power seats, or heated seats or anything. easier than doing the long winded thing in the manual for a seatbelt buzzer.
the door open or key in ignition is the one i hate

Old 09-07-2006, 08:07 AM
Lonewolftx
Posting Guru
Exclamation No, more to it . . .

It works but there were 2 printings of the manual and the 2nd printing they mistakenly noted how to do it. I have the 1st and the proceedure works fine.

Something about hooking and unhooking the seat belt 9 times vs. the 2nd printing saying 3 times.

I can scan an e-mail it if you like.

Old 09-07-2006, 08:36 AM
onesr
Junior User
To get rid on the door chime with the key in the ignition. You can pull the ignition out and put some black tape across the contacts and put it back in. Everything works great. I found out how to do this from the superduty forum.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:58 PM
dapgar
Senior User
just did that door chime for the key tonight. it was super easy. didn't even have to pop out the ignition like some have said, just removed the three screws and looked up. the wire practically fell off, i wrapped it with tape, tucked it up out of the way. wala, i have my key in there all the time now. only chimes now when i open the door when it's running, but just for a beep or two.
seatbelt thing was super easy too. it's getting quieter and quieter in my truck, i like it!
next is to tackle the heated mirrors to a switch.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:35 PM
horsecop28
New User
my '06 SD owners manual stated to buckle and unbuckle 3 times...would not work so I checked with Ford service and they had an updated bulletin for '06 that changed the number to 9 times. Some manuals say 3 and some say 9.

Old 12-25-2006, 10:48 PM
Wingedpig
Senior User
On my 07 the owners manual says to do it nine times, however, after about the tenth try it still doesn't work.

Maybe I'll go try the three times thing. I'm about to go unplug the wire, but I really didn't want to have to do that when it is supposed to work another way.

Old 12-26-2006, 09:24 AM
Beerstalker
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wingedpig, I just did the seatbelt minder thing Saturday. It definitely works as stated in the manual. After you latch & unlatch 9 times did you wait for the light to flash and then do it a tenth time? Did you have the parking brake set? Read the directions very carefully as they are a little hard to follow. At first I thought I was supposed to be rolling along in the truck as I was doing it because it said to do it at a "moderate pace" or something like that. It took me a second to realize that it meant not to latch & unlatch the seatbelt too quick.

Old 12-26-2006, 08:15 PM
Wingedpig
Senior User
Thanks Beerstalker. I did attempt it several times and was parked in the driveway each time with the truck off and the parking brake set and the doors closed. Everything seems to be going as it should, but after the ninth time I keep waiting for the light and it never comes. I've tried doing it fast, and then again slow. I'll give it another shot and see what happens this time.

Old 12-26-2006, 08:29 PM
cabinetmaker00
Senior User
Originally Posted by Wingedpig
Thanks Beerstalker. I did attempt it several times and was parked in the driveway each time with the truck off and the parking brake set and the doors closed. Everything seems to be going as it should, but after the ninth time I keep waiting for the light and it never comes. I've tried doing it fast, and then again slow. I'll give it another shot and see what happens this time.
hang in there man you just have to completely buckel wait like a sec and then unbucle so the computer sences each buckel unbuckle sequence. .

AND YOUR TRUCK MUST BE RUNNING IN PARK WITH E BRAKE ON .

Last edited by cabinetmaker00; 12-26-2006 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Wingedpig
Senior User
Well I went back outside and tried it again, and re-read the manual one more time. According to the manual, the truck must be off, so I tried it that way. This time I slowed down quite a bit when buckling and unbuckling the belt and after nine times got nothing. So I did it one more time just for giggles, and low and behold, the light came back on! So then I did it one more time, just like the manual stated and bingo, I got the flashing light indicating that I was successful!

Hey, it only took me about three days and a few kind responses from some friendly people on this board to make it work!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Elimination of Door Chime