General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

I love my school!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 07:25 PM
A_G
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bear. Re-read th eabove post. I outlined a part you missed.

ernie. Just think, i talk to your daughter.....

bf. Im not going to kill him. im not that stupid. Im just gonna make it where he never forgets how to treat a lady.

I dont think i mentioned this, But my supervisor. His little sister went out with him, and when she said no to sex, he dotted her eye. So he has a good track record of this crap. So its going to end. this isnt he first time hes hit my g/f either. so...yea....I dont know what im going to do. But hes gonna hurt for awhile.

Last edited by A_G; 05-24-2006 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:26 PM
ryaneverk2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My younger brother (junior in high school) was in a similar situation involving a pocket knife a few months back. He is a straight-A student, never been in any sort of trouble in school whatsoever. He had been at the sporting goods store with his family the day before and bought a new pocket knife... a very nice one, at that. He put it in his pocket after buying it with the clip on the outside, so it was clipped to the inside of his pocket.

Well, the next day he wears the same pair of jeans to school... forgetting that the knife is still in the pocket. He gets to school and is sitting in class taking a final exam (this was finals week) when his teacher gets up to leave the room and comes back about a minute later. About five minutes after that, the Principal, "School Resource Officer" (onsite cop), and a big guy dressed in black who looked like a bouncer came into the classroom, interrupting the final exam, and said "Cameron Arthur, come with us, please." So he has no idea what's going on... gets up and follows them out. He was detained in the Principal's office the rest of the school day, while the confronted him about the knife and confiscated it, and I think had my father go down and pick him up from school.

He gets suspended for five days. This then turns into an indefinite suspension with possible expulsion, as his case has to go through a whole process of a committee and the school board, and he gets interviewed by a Student Services Officer. He basically is in line with all the gang kids, kids who were in fights, and kids in trouble for drugs... waiting for his turn, in order, for his case to be discussed... because he accidentally had a pocket knife in his pants still after buying it the night before.

He was out of school for over FORTY school days. That's school days. Worked out to roughly two months where he was not allowed to attend school. He did his best to keep up with work by getting his homework from his step-brother who is in the same grade, but missing two months of class learning-time is a real tough obstacle to get past, not to mention all the tests and quizzes he missed. Also, the teachers were not obligated to allow him to make up missed tests, although all of his did and were especially gracious to him with homework and extra time, given his situation. All of his teachers wrote multiple letters of recommendation, as did a few assistant principles, for Cameron to present to the Student Resource Officer, who would then make a recommendation to the School Board. The SRO basically agreed with everything Cameron stated and made a recommendation that he be allowed to remain at his school. She said that if the Board voted to let him stay, it would be the first time ever. Well, he was voted against, and expelled from his school. He was not, at least, forced to go to a continuation school or anything like that, and is now attenting another high school in his town. He has a special "contract" (for bad, bad boys) that he must follow which allows not more than three tardies, requires A's and B's only, and a number of other stringent demands. If he follows the contract with no violations, he will supposedly be allowed to return to his school next year for his senior year. In the meantime, he's not allowed to participate in any events relating to students from his original school, and so he was not allowed to go to the Junior Ball, and cannot attend sports games.

Also he finally got the pocket knife back about a month after the official expulsion. So far he's followed the Re-Education for the Good of the People of Kalifornia contract just fine, so if he does so for another few weeks he should be able to return to his school next year. That's the basic story of what happened, without all the extra details of what my mother and father tried and went through to try and get some sense injected into the situation, with no success. This is the State of Kalifornia, and my brother goes to school in the Bay Area.... I don't think he ever stood a chance.

It's ironic because I attended the same high school he does (err.. did) and I used to bring a leatherman to school every day. I used to whip it out all the time working after school setting up for school plays and such (helped with the lighting/sound for drama events and assemblies). I think I never had any trouble because of the situations I used the knife in, and the fact that I was more... "known"... among the faculty and administration, from the other positions I was in. My brother, although carrying straight-As and never getting into trouble, tends to not get involved as much. I think had it been me in his situation, exceptions would've been made, or perhaps my teacher wouldn't have named names in the first place. Can't really say, though. Glad I live an hour and a half farther from the Bay Area, now... a bit further from the insanity.

Anyway, keep in mind that this happened in Kalifornia, but it definitely upsets me that this happened to you in Oklahoma. Hopefully my brother's story comforts you a bit after the nonsense you were involved with.

Last edited by ryaneverk2; 05-24-2006 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:36 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, now thats messed up

Old 05-25-2006, 12:12 AM
polarbear
Post Fiend
A_G- thanks for reminding me. no worries

I'm gonna pm you Mrs. Bears response to the g'f issue. You'll love it.

Old 05-25-2006, 12:36 AM
EnviroCon
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ryaneverk2
My younger brother (junior in high school) was in a similar situation involving a pocket knife a few months back. He is a straight-A student, never been in any sort of trouble in school whatsoever. He had been at the sporting goods store with his family the day before and bought a new pocket knife... a very nice one, at that. He put it in his pocket after buying it with the clip on the outside, so it was clipped to the inside of his pocket.

Well, the next day he wears the same pair of jeans to school... forgetting that the knife is still in the pocket. He gets to school and is sitting in class taking a final exam (this was finals week) when his teacher gets up to leave the room and comes back about a minute later. About five minutes after that, the Principal, "School Resource Officer" (onsite cop), and a big guy dressed in black who looked like a bouncer came into the classroom, interrupting the final exam, and said "Cameron Arthur, come with us, please." So he has no idea what's going on... gets up and follows them out. He was detained in the Principal's office the rest of the school day, while the confronted him about the knife and confiscated it, and I think had my father go down and pick him up from school.

He gets suspended for five days. This then turns into an indefinite suspension with possible expulsion, as his case has to go through a whole process of a committee and the school board, and he gets interviewed by a Student Services Officer. He basically is in line with all the gang kids, kids who were in fights, and kids in trouble for drugs... waiting for his turn, in order, for his case to be discussed... because he accidentally had a pocket knife in his pants still after buying it the night before.

He was out of school for over FORTY school days. That's school days. Worked out to roughly two months where he was not allowed to attend school. He did his best to keep up with work by getting his homework from his step-brother who is in the same grade, but missing two months of class learning-time is a real tough obstacle to get past, not to mention all the tests and quizzes he missed. Also, the teachers were not obligated to allow him to make up missed tests, although all of his did and were especially gracious to him with homework and extra time, given his situation. All of his teachers wrote multiple letters of recommendation, as did a few assistant principles, for Cameron to present to the Student Resource Officer, who would then make a recommendation to the School Board. The SRO basically agreed with everything Cameron stated and made a recommendation that he be allowed to remain at his school. She said that if the Board voted to let him stay, it would be the first time ever. Well, he was voted against, and expelled from his school. He was not, at least, forced to go to a continuation school or anything like that, and is now attenting another high school in his town. He has a special "contract" (for bad, bad boys) that he must follow which allows not more than three tardies, requires A's and B's only, and a number of other stringent demands. If he follows the contract with no violations, he will supposedly be allowed to return to his school next year for his senior year. In the meantime, he's not allowed to participate in any events relating to students from his original school, and so he was not allowed to go to the Junior Ball, and cannot attend sports games.

Also he finally got the pocket knife back about a month after the official expulsion. So far he's followed the Re-Education for the Good of the People of Kalifornia contract just fine, so if he does so for another few weeks he should be able to return to his school next year. That's the basic story of what happened, without all the extra details of what my mother and father tried and went through to try and get some sense injected into the situation, with no success. This is the State of Kalifornia, and my brother goes to school in the Bay Area.... I don't think he ever stood a chance.

It's ironic because I attended the same high school he does (err.. did) and I used to bring a leatherman to school every day. I used to whip it out all the time working after school setting up for school plays and such (helped with the lighting/sound for drama events and assemblies). I think I never had any trouble because of the situations I used the knife in, and the fact that I was more... "known"... among the faculty and administration, from the other positions I was in. My brother, although carrying straight-As and never getting into trouble, tends to not get involved as much. I think had it been me in his situation, exceptions would've been made, or perhaps my teacher wouldn't have named names in the first place. Can't really say, though. Glad I live an hour and a half farther from the Bay Area, now... a bit further from the insanity.

Anyway, keep in mind that this happened in Kalifornia, but it definitely upsets me that this happened to you in Oklahoma. Hopefully my brother's story comforts you a bit after the nonsense you were involved with.
That is wrong. I'm not a big fan of "zero-tolerance" policies that have no ability to make allowances for the honest mistake. Obviously with the statement "He basically is in line with all the gang kids, kids who were in fights, and kids in trouble for drugs... " There's a need for tough policies. But it's not all that difficult to tell the difference between a thug and a person that knuckleheaded. A couple of days of in school suspension for not paying attention, okay. But that. . .

Old 05-25-2006, 01:15 AM
polarbear
Post Fiend
EnviroCon- it's getting to be an all-to-familiar story, unfortunately. "Zero tolerance" is one of those "be careful what you ask for" stories.

Old 05-25-2006, 06:04 AM
ryaneverk2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It was the most frustrating thing, because it didn't seem to matter at all what my brother's history was or what the circumstances were at all. It was just: student with evil, dangerous knife in school!!!

I figured when he called me the day-of that he'd probably get suspended for a day or two... then he finds out it's a week, which surprised me some. Then he gets the news about what he'd have to go through with the SRO and School Board, and just has to wait and wait and wait.

The whole thing just makes me feel sorry PEOPLE as a whole... there was just no common sense or sensibility among any of those punishing my felon of a brother. Teacher's letters, all the efforts on the phone by my mother, brother's history, the stupid circumstances.... it was definitely a frustrating couple of months.

He was considering leaving the school district and moving out to live with his mother for his senior year, which I was pushing him to do. I figured best way to show the district and Board how foolish their policy and decision were was to hurt them where it counts... in the budget and school/district stats. Would've been one less student, meaning $10k less a year for his school/disctrict, one less high-scoring student for their STAR and other testing which would've lowered their averages, which seem to dictate a lot of schools' policies. Wouldn't do much but it would get the message across. I wanted him to basically say F-U to them and their filthy contract, but he decided that graduating from his school was more important and is putting up with all the BS. I definitely respect his patience...

Last edited by ryaneverk2; 05-25-2006 at 06:14 AM.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:12 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
I wanted him to basically say F-U to them and their filthy contract
We think Alike

Old 05-25-2006, 09:49 PM
A_G
Posting Guru
haha. thank ernie. I hear through the great vine that hes going to try and fight my freind junior, now junior, is just a bit shorter than me, but hes ripped. If i can beat her exes ***. Hes goiung to fight junior. tisk tisk.

I hear hes going to try and gang up on him. so ill be there. Just to keep order.

Ernie tell the wifey, Im just lay him out in front ofall his friends, The embarassment will hurt him more, after all he walks around school saying hes a gangster. LOL

oh yea ernie. I let my friend junior right that myspace comment.....hehehehhe

Old 05-25-2006, 10:16 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Junior! Name:  willy2.gif
Views: 28
Size:  2.4 KB

I said, don't hurt the kid, per pete's sake. One court date at a time, puleez! Nice save on the myspace comment.

Name:  inappropriate.gif
Views: 15
Size:  11.5 KB

Old 05-25-2006, 10:19 PM
A_G
Posting Guru
ahha. The my space comment was just...>Worth. It... was kinda awkard tho.

Anyways.

Junoir is a real person, I think his real name is duane. im just gonna stay around and make sure its a fair, 1 v1 fight.

Old 06-03-2006, 12:10 AM
A_G
Posting Guru
AHAH. yea. i gotta go back an take my finals the 6th (6-6-06) at 9 am. Because our principal kept putting us off.

i set in that office with them setting out side Bs-ing for an hour. Before the reschdulled. ...............my truck does cut dougnuts well...........