A prayer for my son

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 04:01 PM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post A prayer for my son

I was alerted Saturday from my sister in law that my son was enroute to the hospital after a seizure. He was overnighting with my nephews and my wife was taking a rest at home 60 miles away. In the meantime I was in Las Vegas after a delivery I had made. A quick call to my mom ( 5 miles) and she was there in a hurry with her 7.3 breaking in on command and grabbing my wife. In the meantime I was already doing a decent 90 in Vegas to the dam. Next phone call was even worse, heart rate erratic and breathing stopped? That was unclear and the ambulance diverted to Paradise valley hospital. Now I crossed the dam and kicked that truck into all she could do. I didnt have the gps on and I wasnt going to take my hands off the steering wheel or stop so Im thinkin I got up to 110 plus. I was running 3k rpm with stock tires if anyone wants to do the math. Next call was that he was being airlifted to Phoenix childrens hospital. Now I was getting stupid but driving as fast as I could. Passing in the no pass and construction, no care for cops. I had a cb radio and the radar full on for any news and calling for bear reports. It wouldnt have mattered for I would have blown by too quick and they would have had to chase me. I do not advise or condone my own actions. Final call was that he was in ICU of the pediatirics and he was drugged from the anti seizure meds and pulling a spinal tap as well as blood. Oh yeah, he another seizure at the first hospital. Now I made the trip from about 8:15 to just 11 somthing ish. He is ok as far as the bad stuff is concerned. Right now as we speak they are doing a eeg and will be followed by the mri scan. (13:56 on the 22nd.) He is acting normal now and we hope the test will help us and go home. Im just asking for prays for him from those that give them. Thanks everyone Im writing this to relive stress and brag a little about a few Fords that moved and grooved when they needed to. We are relieved and taking a little humor now to cheer us up. Its now a good day and will be gooder when we get home. Thanks

Old 05-22-2006, 05:27 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Very sorry to hear that Troy. Prayers are on the way from the Fabman Family. You have my Phone # call anytime. I do understand, I almost lost my son Harley when he was 8, and in a coma for 6 days. He's 26 now and builds hot-rod Fords with me now. Let us know how he's doing when you can.

Old 05-22-2006, 05:49 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Send him my best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery.

Nothing lights a fire under a man like the news that something has happened to one of his children.....I wish we never had to experience that particular feeling. Panic and paranioa and sheer terror all rolled up into a ball at the base of your throat.....I hate it.

Old 05-22-2006, 11:19 PM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is the latest. Caleb went through the two final test today and we spoke to the nurologist ( phenetic spelling) Anyway they could not find nor determine the cause of this seizure. He said that some children do have them and that he may not have any more, although there is a 50 percent chance that he may have another within 6 to 12 months. We are supposed to upgrade him to showers and of course not alone in water. Hes only turning 4 duh....Otherwise he should be in the clear. From what was described in his episode was that he had a seizure that started in the frontal lobe when his eyes rolled to his left. If that is the case then his little sister had one 2 months ago and we have to watch her too. Thank God for your prayers and family and friends. Troy K

Old 05-23-2006, 05:55 AM
Bob Ayers
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I will remember your son in my prayers Troy!!!

Keep us posted on how he doing.....Thanks!!