1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Who won truck of the year?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 05:04 PM
brucelee
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who won truck of the year?

I was at the F-100 Supernationals and still don't know what truck won the "Truck of the Year". I heard Pat Ford say the owners name and where he was from but that's it! A little additional information such as the color and year would have helped. While I'm on the subject I can say I have attended four nat's at Piegon Forge and this was my first at Knoxville. I must say other than having more display room for the trucks I don't see much improvement. IMHO.

Old 05-21-2006, 05:39 PM
theGman
Posting Guru
Dittos; it would be nice if Pat Ford (or somebody) would, in the week after the show, post a list of the bigger winners, with maybe thumbnail pics of their trucks alongside.

Actually, the pic of the truck is far more important to us than the owners name, since that's what we look at.

This always has been the weakest link in the Supernats event. Hopefully I'll get better.

Old 05-21-2006, 08:16 PM
kdmcinnes
Elder User
It was the red 56, Dont remember the guys name.

Kyle

Old 05-21-2006, 09:13 PM
imlowr2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wasn't there, but I heard from friends who attended that there was an abundance of trailer queens, high buck trucks, that took all the awards. Go figure! I'll have to attend this event once, just to say I went. The western nationals are coming up June 24. Unfortunately, I'll be driving my truck there and leaving the trailer at home.

Old 05-21-2006, 09:21 PM
jeff5683
Senior User
Was there no wood in the bed or was it plexiglass? He had reason to show off whats underneith.. it was perty.

Old 05-21-2006, 09:53 PM
kdmcinnes
Elder User
Originally Posted by imlowr2
I wasn't there, but I heard from friends who attended that there was an abundance of trailer queens, high buck trucks, that took all the awards. Go figure! I'll have to attend this event once, just to say I went. The western nationals are coming up June 24. Unfortunately, I'll be driving my truck there and leaving the trailer at home.
Yes, There were some high doolar trucks, some trailer Queens but I was there and most were driven, and as for the high dollar trucks winning, some did, but I won and I am no (By Far) No High Dollar truck. It was a great show, and a great time!

Old 05-22-2006, 06:25 AM
brucelee
Senior User
OK the red 56. If only Pat Ford would have said the winner is the beautiful red 56 (one of the four contenders). It appears that the Supernationals are heading down the same road as other shows. Trailer qweens vs drivers. I like the 100K plus trucks they give me lots of ideas and show excellant workmanship but so do many of the drivers. I think there is room for all but if the big $ trucks win each year then it will become a slippery slope..

Old 05-22-2006, 07:54 AM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
I had to leave Friday evening but my buddy called me late Saturday night to tell me which truck won. Steve Haessly of Marietta, OH won. He won back in the late eighties two years in a row with another red 56 BW called "Outrageous Fortune" At the time he had put 35k in it, which was absurd then but now won't get a second glance. Rex Hasch, the last two time winner in 1994 and 1995 with a red 53', "Out for Blood" built the truck for Steve. I to will never have a truck of that magnitude but both guys were nice in giving information regarding the truck and shoot I even got to help Rex clean it. It was good to see a Ford Engine in the winning truck for a change.

Old 05-22-2006, 08:52 AM
xfordman
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kdmcinnes
Yes, There were some high doolar trucks, some trailer Queens but I was there and most were driven, and as for the high dollar trucks winning, some did, but I won and I am no (By Far) No High Dollar truck. It was a great show, and a great time!

Old 05-22-2006, 09:38 AM
truckfarmer
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was sure nice to see that all of the "Top 4" had Ford engines. I have to wonder after the announcer kind of rubbed it in everyone's face last year, including Ford Racing, how the last 2 years had winners with Chevy motors. I have to wonder if that is why Ford wasn't there and also why they didn't donate an engine to the give-away truck?
The red 56 won but it seemed like Pat Ford watered down his award by repeating how much nicer the red 57 was. Both was a fantastic trucks! I wonder why they did not have the 57 displayed inside? Especially with all the bad weather we had. He still would have been eligible for a trophy as the 67 was inside and he has won 67-72 Truck of the Year 5 times now.
OK, I don't want to sound only negative here. I had a great time again and love going to this show and appreciate everything Pat Ford does to make it happen for us. Every F100 owner needs to witness this event at least once. You come away with a sensory overload of colors, engines, choices. I always inspires me to go home and get off my butt.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:01 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,836 Likes on 1,835 Posts
Originally Posted by kdmcinnes
OK, don't just teast us with an offhanded comment about winning an award. Give us some details!!! What? How? When/ Why, etc, etc, etc

Conngratulations!!! I know you've been working your tail off to get there, I'm glad it paid off and you got an award

Bobby

Old 05-22-2006, 12:59 PM
FiftySixEffie
New User
Here is a short video clip from the 2006 SuperNats that has pics of the "truck of the year" Click on the play button in the center of the pic of the engine.
http://southern-trucks.tripod.com/

Old 05-22-2006, 05:51 PM
kdmcinnes
Elder User
Originally Posted by xfordman
We got a top 15 for stock 53-56, And man were the piped awsome! I had cops asking me to juice it a little. All n' All it was a great show, Loved it, I think it had the right mix between trailer queens and drivers. Hands down the best selling point of the show is all of the cool people you get to meet!

Kyle

Old 05-22-2006, 05:55 PM
kdmcinnes
Elder User
Originally Posted by bobbytnm
OK, don't just teast us with an offhanded comment about winning an award. Give us some details!!! What? How? When/ Why, etc, etc, etc

Conngratulations!!! I know you've been working your tail off to get there, I'm glad it paid off and you got an award

Bobby
Dont know how or why, I guess I just got lucky, I asked because mine is not quit stock, but they said I was running the straight axel wich put me in the stock class, It was cool though, I just dont know If mine deserved it, There were alot of killer trucks There!

Kyle

Old 05-22-2006, 06:16 PM
imlowr2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats! I have to admit though, I never heard of a truck making the stock class because it had a straight axle front end? I guess the straight axles are hard to come by at the show?

Quick Reply: Who won truck of the year?