Where to take my '79

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2001, 04:18 PM
thielemonster
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to take my '79

I moved to the Duluth, MN area about a year ago and I still haven't found any good trails or mud runs for my '79 F-150. If anyone knows of a place within 100 miles or so of Duluth, please give me a holler. Thank ya much.

Old 09-03-2001, 01:26 AM
Boss_358
Posting Guru

Where to take my '79

Theres got to be something around Duluth. I used to take my 78 down to lillydale by Saint paul. It was a lot of fun but it seemed everytime we went down there we got busted by the cops. Thats quite a ways from Duluth anyways. Where did you move from? Out of state or just another town? I live in Brooklyn park right now but in, well actuall 1 week am moving to Foreston which is about 30 miles northeast of Saint cloud + or - a few miles. I really do not know how far from duluth that is, but if I can find any trails I'll post my findings. I might have to take my 78 out before it goes under the knife, or wrench. There has to be somthing.

People who say it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it.

Old 09-03-2001, 01:38 AM
Boss_358
Posting Guru

Where to take my '79

I just remembered that a few times a year, usually on memorial day weekend and labor day weekend for sure that there is a weekend long mudrun held somewhere around the Milacs area. I think in Onamia or something. Maybe Mora. It is about 100 to 120 miles southwest of Duluth. There is also another mud run held around the saint micheal area on the same times of year but that is a lot farther than you probably want to drive. That one also is under heavy regulation because of all of the off roading magazines showing up and making it more popular every year. I guess the rules get worst every year because of all of the sponserships and stuff. I have a freind who has been going there since day one when it was just a bunch of budies drinkin beer and getting their trucks stuck and he said it was much more fun then.

Old 09-04-2001, 01:51 PM
Love_those_79s
New User
Where to take my '79

Hey Boss, I live 4 miles NW of Dalbo, about 15 miles from Foreston. You'll find plenty of mud runs in the Milaca, Mora and Hinkley areas. I never attend those anymore, but I see the signs on a regular basis. Mora is only a couple hours from Duluth so shouldn't be to hard for someone to drive there.

As far as Duluth goes I don't know. Head over to a few of those workin' man bars in Superior and I bet you get a line on a few places and events.

Hey Boss, you ever spend time in the area around Boone Ave. and 694, west of the new Home Depot? Was a great place 15 20 years ago before that area grew up! Cops always left us alone back in there.

Old 09-06-2001, 08:28 PM
Boss_358
Posting Guru

Where to take my '79

Hey 79, We don't live too far away from boone and 694 right now, maybe about 10 minutes, and let me tell you it is getting nuts down here and thats why we are moving. Houses flying up everywhere, nosey neighbors not minding there own business. Yep, its time to take our Fords and head out to the sticks where we can be left alone. If you see a beat up flat black ranger with a grey hood with a scoop and a roarin' 302 in it flyin down the road, that would be me lookin for trouble. I also have a big red 78 ranger 4x4 shortbox, but it doesn't get driven much right now, but you can't miss it if I do. Take it easy,
Derick

Old 10-16-2001, 02:52 PM
tyminski
Freshman User
Where to take my '79

Hi, I used to live in Chisholm (50 miles north of Duluth) the Iron Range, where real men drive FORDS.
Foreign trucks are not welcome by the miners.
Plenty of off road action, mining dumps, swamps, logging trails, and cold beer up their!

Good Luck!

Old 10-17-2001, 11:14 AM
thielemonster
Freshman User
Where to take my '79

I used to go to Mud 'N' More between Buffalo and St. Michael. I found a place up here near a town called Twig. Made it in easy and was almost out but I hit a rock with the fornt tire and the insides of the steering box shattered. I had to replace it on the trail. Those gear box are hard to find too. I paid $150 for a junkyard one. Maybe I shouldnt' be so rough on a truck with 383,000 miles on it. But what the hell, thats what they are for.

A clean truck is a good excuse to find mud.

Old 11-24-2001, 08:47 PM
natesford
New User
Post Where to take my '79

Hey whats up. I am from Askov Mn. and if you want a place to bring your4x4 check around Beroun the 2nd exit after Hinckley on I-35. Their is usally a few athere during the summer. Labor Day and Memorial Day weekend I think is when they are but all you have to do is stop at the bar and ask the bartenders there when it is. Two of them are good friends of mine. Or I have know idea when it is but there is a place in Finlayson-Giese area called Howies Mud Bog. Ihave heard it is a good place however I have never been there to play. The place in Beroun is however a lot of fun I been there a few times.take it easy.

Old 01-29-2002, 01:03 PM
thielemonster
Freshman User
Where to take my '79

Well, my '79 might be taking a little brake. I blew the rear end out. You know how hard it is to fond a ford 9" with 3.50 gears. Pain in the rear I've found a few places. I also heard Kettle River ha s a run in the summer.

Old 01-30-2002, 04:50 PM
Jimjdb1
Elder User
Where to take my '79