New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

What has everyone been doing????

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 03:23 PM
jasonschwenk
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah yeah yeah,
I've been lurking since Sunday waiting for that!

But WTF!
17 points vs eagles in 4th quarter
and now 27 points vs seahawks 4th quarter
I am starting to feel like we need a QB for the first 3 then bring in Eli for the fourth!

Oh yeah and just to stay on topic of this thread " what have I been doing?"

(sums it up!)

Old 09-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jasonschwenk
Oh yeah and just to stay on topic of this thread " what have I been doing?" (sums it up!)
Watching football is staying on topic. What is more fun to watch is both of you at each other. It is all in good fun and considering no one else is posting up in the NY forum it gives us (or maybe it is just me) something to read and laugh about.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:41 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 853 Likes on 771 Posts
I've been busy trying to get oldest son into a house and trying to settle Dad's estate, and playing phone tag with lawyers (did I mention I hate lawyers?) Hope to close Fri then work to do on their house..... and maybe a roof on mine this weekend. Anybody want a hands-on roofing lesson? Have not had much time to watch NASCAR or football. When I go to Virginia it's all about the Carolina Panthers on TV.. were right near the border and the TV stations broadcast come from NC.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by GLR
did I mention I hate lawyers?
That statement is classic!!! Other than our family lawyer (he is a cool guy) I pretty much hate all lawyers too. They are the ones that make things more difficult for us by settling cases with large settlements just to line their pockets.

Anyway, good luck with all of it and I hope your roofing project goes well. We are just trying to get things taken care of around the house before the snow (I know a bad word to some) comes.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:24 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
Snow? SNOW???? I LOVE snow!!!!

Oh, that's because I have a 4x4 f250 ...

I couldn't imagine driving a 4x2 DRW in snow...

Old 09-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
I hear you Art!! For the most part I don't mind the snow. Liked it more when I was I a ski instructor, but like you said having a good 4x4 under you makes a world of difference. Use to do some snow wheeling too which is really different. This winter I will be plotting....I mean planning on getting a new wheeling rig since I trading mine in on the new wife's ride. I figure if I keep complaining about not having a wheeling rig all winter long she will give in and let me have one this spring.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:13 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 308 Likes on 283 Posts
Originally Posted by Ronin007
I hear you Art!! For the most part I don't mind the snow. Liked it more when I was I a ski instructor, but like you said having a good 4x4 under you makes a world of difference. Use to do some snow wheeling too which is really different. This winter I will be plotting....I mean planning on getting a new wheeling rig since I trading mine in on the new wife's ride. I figure if I keep complaining about not having a wheeling rig all winter long she will give in and let me have one this spring.
Your wife will give in if we have the hard winter that some of the local farmer's have been saying that we may get. So good luck with your plotting .... I mean planning!!

Tiny

P.S. I have been busy watching the Bills beat the crap out of Cullpepper and the Dolphins ... but couldn't do anything against the Jets

Old 09-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Thanks Tiny!!! Yeah I have been hearing about a hard winter too. I have also been planting the seeds about a wheeling rig by commenting on vehicles I see for sale that would make a nice wheeling rig or when wheeling buddies are around talking about the next rig. I get that look. Yeah you all know the look, but no comments so I figure that means she is not totally ruling it out.

Speaking about wheeling rigs I see that Interco just introduced a 54-inch bogger that is DOT approved. Hummm.....now what rig could I put that on?????

Old 09-27-2006, 02:21 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
I know the look all too well!!!!

When I was looking at getting my truck, my wife told me that I could not get a red one. When I found this one I mentioned it to her and you guessed right, I got the look. So I just kept working on her for a week or so until she 'gave' in.

Speaking of that.... I need to start working on her for my garage......

Tiny

Old 09-27-2006, 08:04 PM
jasonschwenk
Elder User
Originally Posted by krewat
Snow? SNOW???? I LOVE snow!!!!

Oh, that's because I have a 4x4 f250 ...

I couldn't imagine driving a 4x2 DRW in snow...
I love the LIE in the snow!

And at least the giants can't lose this week!

Last edited by jasonschwenk; 09-27-2006 at 08:07 PM. Reason: forgot
Old 09-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tiny1
I know the look all too well!!!!

Speaking of that.... I need to start working on her for my garage......
Yeah when I get the look and negative comments I know I am SOL. That is what happened when I told her I wanted to start racing cars again. I got her to let me to start wheeling and for the most part she has let me do it. I figure she is not saying no because she got her new ride but is not crazy about me bring another project home.

Good luck on the garage!!!

Old 09-27-2006, 11:08 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Is that because they have a bye this week or is it because they just said goodbye to their season.

Spent to many years as a roofing contractor to want to come any closer to a roof than the sidewalk looking up.

Snow= YeeHah!

Old 10-01-2006, 08:44 AM
jasonschwenk
Elder User
Guess what

THE GIANTS DIDN'T LOOSE TODAY!!!

It feels good to be able to say that at 9:45 in the AM.

Old 10-01-2006, 09:56 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
the saga continues.....

I finished stacking my wood the other day for the winter.

On Weds. I noticed some fluid on the ground in the driveway from my wife's Plymouth Voyager I was in panic mode Since the first of the year, I have done a front brake job and we have had the rear main engine seal replaced, had to have the radiator replaced due to the tranny cooler 'exploding' , had coolant in the tranny/ tranny fluid in the coolant system. Just had the tranny rebuilt in the beginning of Sept. due to slipping, etc. caused by the cooler. So I am thinking " what next?!?!?!? " It turns out that the power steering lines from the pump to the rack sprung a leak!!!!

To top Weds. off, the brakes on my truck started grinding. So yesterday I did a front brake job and everything it just fine. As a matter of fact, with the weather being somewhat nice today, we took a drive and went to a U-pick pumpkin place. When we got there, there was a bunch of SUV's, mini vans and cars along the road due to it being very muddy!! (the field is set up with lanes running through it so that you can drive in there to get your pumpkins.)

At first my wife was getting already to hike out into the field (which is about 10 acres in size). I told her that I was not going to carry pumpkins around in that mess. So she was asking how we were going to get them. I noticed that there was 2 trucks out in the field (a Chevy and a Dodge w/a trailer. Both were loaded with pumpkins). Needless to say, I had a lot of fun playing around in the mud and standing water!! By the time I was finished, my red truck looked tan and boy was it fun having to clean all of the mud off from the undercarraige. Sorry guys.... no 'after' pictures.

Tiny

Old 10-03-2006, 12:26 AM
soondg
Postmaster
Just got back from the Monday night Eagles-Packers game. I was getting nervous there in the first half, thank GOD ( didn't know he's an Eagles fan did ya ) they came to their senses in the second half and realized they are a professional football team playing the Packers. Other than that just another Monday.

Quick Reply: What has everyone been doing????