Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

What are your current projects?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Kista20
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question What are your current projects?

Well just thought I'd create this to see what everyone is up too or soon to be getting themselves into...

Right now I have installed all new wheel bearings, spindle bearings, brakes, rotor and axle joint on the driver's side and I do have all the parts but I just need to find the time to do the same to passenger side. When I do the other axle joint while I'm at it I might just go ahead and do both u-joints in the driveshaft since the rear one has a little slop and I can feel it when I shift gears and get back on the gas. Another project I have lined up is the exhaust. I currently have on order the walker 45166 "Y" pipe for my 300 then I'm also going to get a 2-1/2" magnaflow high flow cat, magnaflow muffler and use 2-1/2" piping, and after all that it should really wake up the truck

Other projects I need to start on is replacing the rusty oil pan along w/ new pump and sometime next spring I really want to pull the whole truck apart to the chassis and take care of all the rust issues but thats way on down the road...

So what does everyone got going on?

Old 05-17-2006, 06:13 PM
G'sRed99F150
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My current project I completed last fall. I did a lot of mods to my 99. I installed (true) dual exaust, K&N intake,Tint, Line X Bed Liner,stainless step rails, stainless bed rail, billet grill, CD system with MP3 capacities, and a weekly bath (even under the hood) to keep it all looking sharp.
Other than that, the only thing pressing is to get my boat in the water. The starter crapped out yesterday, sending it out for a rebuild.Anything with the name Marine on it cost double.
I am looking for a 80's/90's Diesel IDI or Turbo to work on again, any leads?

Last edited by G'sRed99F150; 05-17-2006 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:33 PM
mblayton
More Turbo
Still trying to find the time to complete my 69 SWB so that I can start on my 66 GTA Fairlane.

Old 05-19-2006, 03:16 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,730 Likes on 1,328 Posts
Replacing front wheel bearings on my fourwheeler. Getting a loan for a new dirtbike, might sell the fourwheeler after I get it.

Nothing much in truck news though...

Old 05-19-2006, 03:56 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Hey all! I'll be on vacation the week after Memorial Day and I plan on installing the new rad support I bought. Been sitting in the living room long enough for the wife to say it looks like an auto parts warehouse. 2 weeks ago I finnally got the trailer hitch on and a Grant custom wheel, nothing fancy but a lot easier to turn than that 18 inch monster that used to be there. Almost forgot the new harmonic balancer that'll be going on then too. Maybe, I'll have enough time to float the boat for a couple of hours......................... Hmmm............... we'll see

Old 05-19-2006, 06:06 PM
Kista20
Elder User
Actually I just got done putting a new front tire on my yamaha bigwheel. I took it to the shop where I bought it and they serviced it and I had ordered a tire for it from them but they didn't put it on there and if you know anything about a bigwheel they are a little different and being almost 20 yrs old parts are kinda hard to come by so they didn't want to put the tire they ordered because it was more of a fourwheeler tire and I need one with a more rounded profile. So I found the correct tire online but they wouldn't mount it because I didn't buy it there so I took it to the local tire place and they took off the old tire and installed a new valve stem all for $6, I don't see how you can mount a tire and a new stem for that but hey I'll take it

Old 05-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Rexman
Senior User
well, let's see..

87 f150: take care of rust hole. get new wheels on it, replace ENTIRE front suspension/brakes/hubs. rebuild rear end.

86 civic Si: drop in motor. disc brake swap for rear. oil change.

88 civic rally car: finish new motor. drop in. finish suspension. front/rear brakes/radiator, get running/title car/pass inspections.

99 new beetle: timing belt/water pump/lower front motor mount/oil change pollen filter.

yikes. i better get started!!!

Old 05-22-2006, 11:29 AM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Woosh!!!!

My front Dana44 is coming along pretty freakin' great! Thats where I have been spending alot my after work hours instead of on here 4.56 gears are in, all new bearings and seals, got the drivers side axle shaft in with new 5-760X U-joints. Went to install the passenger side axle shaft and found it was short, PO put in a Bronco/F-150 shaft so thats ANOTHER thing I have to order for it. . .still need to get new rotors put in and machined (or at least checked). . . Hopefully I can have it slung back under the truck by the end of this weekend, then it gets it's final coat of paint and the engine gets looked at

Other than that, massive cleaning and fixing on the house. . .

Old 05-25-2006, 06:40 PM
Kista20
Elder User
Not really my project but dad is conning me into helping him do the clutch on his 87 f150 2wd w/ 300 and he wants to also do a tranny swap while we're in there. He has a 3 spd w/ od that the gearing sucks on it but you also do get od with it. His transmission is a 2 piece which has a seperate bellhousing and case with an external slave cylinder. I tried calling the local bone yards but they are not very helpfull with me since we're swapping transmissions and they are using the computer to enter the info in and supposedofly they need more info than what I can give them, although one of them does specialize in fords but they didn't answer so I'm gonna try them first thing in the morning. Also my neighbor is a ford mechanic and is very sharp but he's rarely home so I don't know when I'll get to talk to him about it.

Old 05-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
What kind of info or help are you looking for on the tranny swap?

Old 07-12-2006, 08:42 PM
afinepoint
Laughing Gas
Trying to figure out if:

1. I want to go 4" exhaust w/o muffler

2. Swap the present muffler for a Walker BTM or

3. Cut out the muffler and go straight pipe with what I have.

Want a deeper sound without any drone.

Reg

01 F350 7.3L, crew, dually.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:09 AM
afinepoint
Laughing Gas
See Master Blasters!

Spread out the parts Thursday. Will begin installation this weekend or Monday.

BTM is sitting in box on rear seat. Still haven't decided straight-pipe or BTM. Leaning toward muffler because I want deeper sound not annoyingly loud to others.

Reg

Old 08-18-2006, 05:10 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Body Work

I've decided to take off all the moulding except for the trim around the cab and wheel wells. Going for an " smooth" look with less places for dirt and rust to collect. Oh!, I've picked a color too! I decided on Dupont UreGlow Jade Metallic. ( I think I spelled it correctly) Now for the bondo and sanding...............

Old 08-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Thats some nice looking trim, should be able to sell for a good $$$

That Jade, is it about the color of deep jewel green?

Old 08-19-2006, 06:43 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Yes! If you go look in the rides of the week board and look for the one for 4/10/2006, you can get a good look at it. I sent him an email and he told me the color he used. I really like it and Faye does too! In the shade, it appears to be dark, and when it's in the sun, you can see the " jewel " shine. I plan on painting the whole outside with it. But, I need an idea for the cab inside. Any ideas? It's already painted with the lighter shade that's on the upper half of my truck. Looking for a better color to complement it.

Quick Reply: What are your current projects?