Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Alternative Fuels, Hybrids & Mileage
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2006, 08:43 AM
New User

joe_j is starting off with a positive reputation.
E85 Price check

Hello Everyone

So I was going to fill up this weekend with E85 as I was near one of the 3 or 4 stations here in the Denver Metro area.

When I pulled up to the pump the price for E85 was the same as mid-grade at $2.85. Is this normal? I thought the E85 was supposed to be cheaper.

How much is it where your at?

Thanks
Joe
Old 05-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Elder User

Dino@his Dad's is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
ethanol prices

Joe, right now the ethanol price and the regular are the same price. Six months ago ethanol85 was 60 cents sheaper than straight gasoline. I think we are seeeing a spike in ethanol prices as the fuel retailers are switching from MTBE to ethanol as an oxygenate. I would have to imagine as summer goes on, and more ethanol is available, the price advantage will reappear. DF
Old 05-17-2006, 12:04 PM
Postmaster

76supercab2 has a good reputation on FTE.76supercab2 has a good reputation on FTE.76supercab2 has a good reputation on FTE.
That's just the pump price. Don't forget to include the subsidies.

http://zfacts.com/p/60.html
Old 05-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Posting Guru

FordTrucksKickGM is starting off with a positive reputation.
2 weeks ago in the Sioux City area it was at 2.40. Regular gas was about 2.70. They are building ethanol plants left and right around here. I think the demand is up for it which raises the prices. It will probably be a little spendy for a while till the supply meets the demand.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Elder User

Dino@his Dad's is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
ethanol 85 prices

Guys just stopped in at the closest ethanol station to me this AM, 05/18/06, and ethanol85 is selling for 2.44&9 tenths per gallon. regular gasoline down the street was 2.90 & 9/10ths at several other stations. DF
Old 05-18-2006, 12:26 PM
New User

joe_j is starting off with a positive reputation.
For that price difference I would be happy to use it. Wish they would get there act together around here. Maybe I need to check some of the other stations around.

Later
Joe
Old 05-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Post Fiend

polarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to behold
Just wish they had some stations that sold it out here.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:00 PM
Senior User

kc73 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Huron, S.D. E85: $1.74 gal. E10 & reg: $2.85 gal. do i have a FFV? I wish.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:15 PM
Postmaster

KubotaOrange76 has a very good reputation on FTE.KubotaOrange76 has a very good reputation on FTE.KubotaOrange76 has a very good reputation on FTE.
i have yet to see e85 throuhout the places i have been in georgia and alabama recently....if it was cheap and availabale i would try it out

anyone from the southeast seen some?
Old 05-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Posting Legend

Torque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to behold
You find it in corn farm country.

Check here:
http://afdcmap2.nrel.gov/locator/FindNearResult.asp
Old 05-23-2006, 04:05 PM
Postmaster

KubotaOrange76 has a very good reputation on FTE.KubotaOrange76 has a very good reputation on FTE.KubotaOrange76 has a very good reputation on FTE.
thanks for the link!! only 10 stations in alabama and georgia =(

looks like theres a ton in the carolinas and north of tennessee

they are supposed to be building stations everywhere right?
Old 05-23-2006, 04:32 PM
Posting Legend

Torque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to beholdTorque1st is a splendid one to behold
They will only build them where it is economically feasible to ship the product. E85 is harder to handle and transport than gas. Right now most of it comes from corn farm country. When they perfect the biomass conversion process and get away from fermentation more of it will be available in other areas.

There is also a waste to oil process that is being perfected that will help with alternative fuels but most of that production may go to diesel.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:32 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Alternative Fuels, Hybrids & Mileage

Tags
check, e85, price