The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

who likes the taste of beer

Old 05-06-2006, 10:56 PM
fords_forlife
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
who likes the taste of beer

just wondering if I'm just that odd or if it's a matter of getting use to the taste. I don't mind it so much if it's ice cold but anything less and I just can't drink it. I like the flavored stuff like skyy, bacardi, and so on. I haven't really tryed harder stuff yet but I'm just curious.

FORDS_FORLIFE

Old 05-06-2006, 11:32 PM
JD717
Elder User
I like budweiser, if its warm or cold its still good. it may be an aquired taste, I dont know for sure.

Old 05-06-2006, 11:33 PM
defence18
Freshman User
It gets better with time. When I first had it, I could barely choke it down (probably b/c it was Coors Light) . Now, its like water. Sweet tasting, nectar of life water...

Old 05-07-2006, 12:11 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Mmmmm, beer...

Old 05-07-2006, 07:47 AM
OSin86
Posting Guru
I started out on lite bear and now I prefer atleast a red. I like the taste of my brands not just beer in general.

Old 05-07-2006, 09:47 AM
bf250
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by fords_forlife
just wondering if I'm just that odd or if it's a matter of getting use to the taste. I don't mind it so much if it's ice cold but anything less and I just can't drink it. I like the flavored stuff like skyy, bacardi, and so on. I haven't really tryed harder stuff yet but I'm just curious.

FORDS_FORLIFE

because you probably havn't tasted real beer yet, just some off shelf bought coors lite or something.

the big brands are just a waste, try finding some micro brews somewhere(some are good, alot are bad) or take a trip out to eastern europe or russia and get some real taste going on, then you will really enjoy the taste.

skyy and bacardi are for the women and for guys who like it to match their clothes while drinking it(aawwwww how cute!)

for me its baltica 9, sibersky corona, or a rum and coke when its time to get drunk.

Old 05-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Don't like Coors or Bud or what ever the other "National" crap is on the shelves that you can buy for penies on the gallon that taste like crap

I prefer darker beer, much better flavor, and smoother. I think Coors and the like do so well is becuase people can get wasted for cheap. But my $6.00 six pack of Yuengling can get expensive if you want to get drunk (I rarely drink though)

Corona is good too, just pick up a few limes to drop in the top.

Beer is like everything else in this world, you get what you pay for

Old 05-07-2006, 01:25 PM
bigdaddyII
Postmaster
I hear from a lot of people that beer is an acquired taste. It wasnt for me, I loved it from the first sip. Like Franken-Truck and bf250 said, like almost everything else in life, you get what you pay for, beer is no exception. My favorite grocery store beer is Bud Ice, or Rolling Rock. A few imports I like are Red Stripe and Heinekin. Dont really like to get drunk so I dont do the hard stuff much but do enjoy a good rum and coke once in a while. I drank moonshine once, never, ever going there again it still hurts, and never really liked vodka.

Old 05-07-2006, 03:34 PM
FghtinIrshNvrDie
Postmaster
gag me with a friggin spork... beer just makes my stomach turn. I don't ever drink it, but I don't drink anything, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Ryan

Old 05-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Cuda444
Elder User
Franken, is Yuengling only available down in VA and PA? My gf goes to school in PA, I've been dying to try some... I'll have to get a 6 pack next time I visit

For me, beer was an acquired taste. I never really drank in highschool, just didn't like the taste, didn't appeal to me etc. I had one or two here and there, and then started trying different beers (other than keystone and natty light) and developed a taste. Now I'll drink just about anything. I'll drink the cheap stuff at a college party, but if I'm drinking for taste, you gotta get the good stuff. After this group meeting of mine... I'm gunna crack a nice Beamish... Mmm. So much good beer, so little time.

Tom

Last edited by Cuda444; 05-07-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:06 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how bout good ole PBR, diareah in a can.

I dont really care for the taste of beer, nor do i care for the constant running to the bathroom to wiz like a race horse after drinking enouth to get a buzz.

i tend to stick with jack, jim, vodka, or the captain mixed with something, or if we're really looking to get trashed then we pick up some everclear.

Old 05-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Cuda444
Franken, is Yuengling only available down in VA and PA? My gf goes to school in PA, I've been dying to try some... I'll have to get a 6 pack next time I visit

Tom

I really don't know, it might be available in other neighboring states as well. I DO know its not available every where though. Heck, it's only been down here for 5-6 years as far as I remember. And only last year did I see a commercial for it

Its the best though, you'll love it

Edit: Seems to have made it farther south than I had imagined http://www.yuengling.com/distrib.htm

Old 05-07-2006, 05:53 PM
fords_forlife
Senior User
Originally Posted by bf250
skyy and bacardi are for the women and for guys who like it to match their clothes while drinking it(aawwwww how cute!)
I figured at least someone would say that but oh well. guess i need to start tastin more brands of beer as well as harder stuff. I've been wanting to try corona for a while but have heard mixed opinions.

FORDS_FORLIFE

Old 05-07-2006, 07:09 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Bah, just get a case of budweiser and call it a day.

Old 05-07-2006, 07:15 PM
bigdogxl2000
Freshman User
stick with jack and coke : )

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: who likes the taste of beer