1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Y'all saved a marriage!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 10:53 PM
westtntrucker
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Y'all saved a marriage!

Lets start by saying my wife broke the radiator in her mountaineer and leave that there.
So she had to use my truck this week while i was on the road and could get back to fix hers. She calls me on friday and says theres something wrong with the truck. Talk about getting someones attention. She went on to tell me she stopped to fill the tanks at the local gas station, first thing that went thru my mind was how much gasoline was pumped into the tank.
She then turned the tale to say it was running really bad so she stopped by Autozone to have the codes checked for the CEL that was burning brightly on the dash. They said there was no codes. hahahahaha! So the kid said maybe its the fuel filter and gladly sold her one and she says, "go ahead and throw in a air filter while your at it!"
Now by this time I have pulled my truck over to the side of the road and am about to boil over! Needless to say truck is still running "badly". I told her to just park and i will look at it saturday when i get home.
First thing I tried is to start it, it would idle for a second then die. Everything is appearing normal. So i start searching the threads to find some diagnostic ideas. I got to the VC harness and lo and behold, a burnt plug.
A big thanks goes out cookie88, 1997f-350, and especially kwikkordead,
This week will stop by IH and get the repair kit and also do the GP cutoff switch.

p.s., also need to call the divorce lawyer and tell him nevermind. lol!

Last edited by westtntrucker; 05-13-2006 at 10:56 PM. Reason: additional text
Old 05-13-2006, 11:04 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
haha....cool post. Glad I could contribute to your family stability in some small part.

Lets go back to the Mountaineer story.......

Old 05-14-2006, 05:37 AM
bilder12
Posting Guru
ON a similar note: I got 2 female drivers in the family ... NOBODY touches the truck. I keep loaded weapons in my desk and I keep an 02 sable in the driveway when their vehicles go to the shop and they dont like that sable at all and the horse is too slow (we live in the sticks) ... thus, they take care of their vehicles ... sort of. And that is the story of injun uity.

Old 05-14-2006, 07:15 AM
westtntrucker
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bilder12
ON a similar note: I got 2 female drivers in the family ... NOBODY touches the truck. I keep loaded weapons in my desk and I keep an 02 sable in the driveway when their vehicles go to the shop and they dont like that sable at all and the horse is too slow (we live in the sticks) ... thus, they take care of their vehicles ... sort of. And that is the story of injun uity.
Yes, I have a 16 y.o. daughter that is about to get her license, then in feburary my middle daughter will turn 16, and no they will not be able to touch the truck. my youngest daughter is 14, she don't like the truck, she wants a land rover. I told her to get a good job or marry rich!

p.s. COOKIE88, I have yet to get all the details on how she shoved the radiator up about 2 inches from the bottom without damaging anything else. When i ask her about it, I get that deer in the headlights look, then she smiles and says " remember that i love you!" What can you do?

Old 05-14-2006, 11:25 AM
1997F-350
Postmaster
right on. i hate it when they take things into there own hands with our stuff. just part of being married thou. glad it all worked out.

Old 05-14-2006, 02:14 PM
barebackjake
Postmaster
wow, thats something we dont hear to often, its usually were causin the end of a marrige due to wifes getting gealous of the truck.......

Old 05-15-2006, 08:21 AM
westtntrucker
Posting Guru
(wife) Thanks all of you!! for helping me.. this is a great site..