Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

time to get things done!

Old 05-09-2006, 06:34 AM
Sam_Fear
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
time to get things done!

What's in everybody elses plans now that it's really getting nice out?

I'm on vacation from work this week, so it's time to get stuff done. So far Iv'e got my old '63 292 put back together and in the truck, ALOT of landscaping (wifey said), ALOT of beer drinking (I said), and help a neighbor build a trebuche (catapult with a sling).

Today I hope to get my motor running, finish the yard work, and finish the beer. Then head to the neighbors and work on that catapult some more. Rest of the week will be spent on finishing last years house related projects.

Hope to get some camping in this weekend too.

Old 05-09-2006, 05:52 PM
yamaweezle
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kewl!!! how big is the trebuche? i love watching those things hurl stuff...does he do that pumpkin chunkin contest thing?

Old 05-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Sam_Fear
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nope, we haven't got it that big yet. So far we got it to chuck a beer about 60 ft. We couldn't go farther because it was going into the street. Our goal is to make one able to throw a beer from his house to my house by the end of the summer. It's about 1-1/2 blocks. Got rained out today.

Did get my motor running though. I had to fight past Murphys Law to get it going. Coil post twisted off in my fingers, starter was seized, dropped dist. cap... etc, etc, etc.

One of my 'life goals' is to be able to throw a small car 100 yards.

Old 05-10-2006, 12:19 AM
yamaweezle
Senior User
LMAO!!! saweet!!! if you get it to chuck it that far, make sure to get it on tape (the beercan, or the small car)...

Old 05-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Flareside94
Senior User
I took a quick vacation this weekend down to Kansas to see an old girlfriend (friend that is a girl? =P) for her birthday. Yeah, I wish I hadn't come back. Seriously. I can't wait to be done with this school and get away from work for a little bit.

Search this Thread