Pigeon Forge is just 36 more days..... :D

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2001, 07:54 PM
Jigsaw
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 17-Apr-01 AT 09:01 PM (EST)[/font][p]Do we need to "Register" if we don't bring a truck and want to just hang out and say hi? :-)

<-- Why am I shown as a Non-Member again? Club FTE#0079

Jerry (OldTrux) Biskup
Itasca, IL

"JIGSAW" - 1966 F100 4X4 Styleside
http://oldtrux.homestead.com/jigsaw.html

Old 04-17-2001, 07:56 PM
oldparts
Freshman User

I hate I can't go too! Is Keith going? I haven't heard from him lately. Azie hasn't missed one in a while either.

I have the fever and want to go bad, but I have to take care of the house.

I wanna go to the Go Carts Friday night.... sob...sob....

-Ted

Old 04-17-2001, 07:59 PM
stubaby
New User

Hey fellow old timers and newbies who will be attending the Forge this year. Sad to say the old 1971 F-100 4x4 was sold about a month ago so I will be without a truck to share at this years event. I have already started working on the 62 Unibody and plan to be done for PF 2003 - the BIG show.

My plans for this years show involve Saturday only. I will have to drive up late Fri eve and return Sat night. 8^(
I hope to find a few parts etc and visit with the "old crowd"
(Yes Azie, that includes you!! hehehehe)

I will try to be more active on the PF message board.......hate to lose the email list priv. (good one Ken!)

Laters

Stu

Old 04-18-2001, 06:36 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

>[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 17-Apr-01
>AT 09:01 PM (EST)[/font]
>
>Do we need to "Register" if
>we don't bring a truck
>and want to just hang
>out and say hi? :-)
>

No you don't. But if you don't you'll have to pay a fee to get in ($5/day) and you won't qualify for the door prizes some of which value in the thousands of dollars.

>
>
><-- Why am I shown as
>a Non-Member again? Club
>FTE#0079
>

Because you put "jigsaw" as your user id in your sign-up instead of "Jigsaw." The user ids are case sensitive and Jolene enters whatever she gets. I'll change it.

Ken Payne
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Admin

Old 04-18-2001, 06:44 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend

>I hate I can't go too!
> Is Keith going?
>I haven't heard from him
>lately. Azie hasn't missed
>one in a while either.

Keith will not be making it this year. He bought a new truck last Summer and he's tightened his budget.

Ken Payne

Old 04-18-2001, 06:50 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend

Club FTE can get a booth for selling stuff, its $50 for an outside spot. FTE will have an indoor booth if you guys want to hang out. Can't allow you to sell your stuff at the inside booth as I'm setting it up to sell literature and I want a professional appearance (don't want it turned into a yard sale :-) ).

Ken Payne

Old 04-18-2001, 07:10 AM
gpeters3
New User

>The honest truth is many of
>the regulars who go don't
>want to visit the web
>site. They'd rather talk
>about it via email.
>
>Ken Payne

This regular won't be going this year due to many things so there isn't much point is discussing it :-( I do like the email forum better. Can't be helped I guess, it's just a better forum for a lazy power user :-) I've enjoyed the last two years we went but have to get my retirement legs under me so will be resting my bank account and getting caught up on chores this year. Hope everyone has fun. Hope to see y'all next year :-)

Gary

Old 04-18-2001, 10:17 AM
zeener96
New User

Last year I only seen one truck with a FTE sticker in the window... Would be great to help identify trucks owned by list members we frequently email.

Did I just miss them.....or was that it??

Dennis

Old 04-18-2001, 08:27 PM
grover
Senior User

Okay, I'm crawling out of the woodwork. I can think of some excuses for why I've been hiding, but none of them are good.

I like the idea of a Saturday picnic. If we do breakfast again, it WON'T be at Alan Jackson's!! I'm not going to give them the opportunity to screw up the reservations another time. (Do I sound annoyed enough?)

Now, where will be a good place to gather?

By the way, Grover may not make it again this year. The old Y-block is making some noises I don't like, and I won't have time to do anything about it until the week after PF.

I would like to announce that I am doing well in the math class that is consuming all my time. :-) Oh, wait, that has nothing to do with Ford trucks.....

Old 04-19-2001, 12:31 AM
ranger xlt
New User

Okay, I'm joining Grover & Stubaby and finally crawling out of the woodwork as well. I've enjoyed the FTE and it's lists far too long to allow Ken to shut me off (nice threat daddy'o). So I make my first post to the board...

I'm one of them old'timers Ken was talking about. I've made it to 7 Super Nats so far. Missed the `99 show (Cried like a baby). Read about the Nats for many years in Truck'n magazine before getting the guts to go. Now I can't miss it for anything!

Any meal is fine with me, I'm wide open this year! Picnic's are really nice, but as someone said, it is a lot of labor for a few members. Not just with clean-up but lots of left-overs are difficult to deal with when your staying in a Hotel. And after going for so many years I know first hand that there is very few places that can accomodate a large group with reservations. Jackson's is gone, I've seen the Apple Tree put tables together for a large crowd before and they do have a Breakfast Buffet - but I'm not sure if they take reservations. Apple Tree is an ideal location right next to the show, but they really draw the crowds, so if we plan a breakfast there then we better meet around 7am. Shoney's is also ideal for Breakfast and right accross the street, but again we would need to meet early because of their breakfast crowd. And I do think they have a banquet room for large groups.

Ken mentioned that outdoor booth spaces are available for selling as well. Any indoor spaces still available? Although I think the indoor spots are for people with new stuff only. Several interested members could split the rent and everyone take turns running the booth. Of coarse that would mean having to price tag all your items so any of us could sell. We could even run in hour long shifts. ANY INTEREST?

Dan Herrmann
64/66/69/75/79/92 F-Series

p.s. Just joined Club FTE today finally!

p.p.s. `75 Explorer to begin Frame Off this summer. Plans are to be sitting next to Stu's `62 at the BIG 2003 Super Nats!!

Old 04-19-2001, 01:56 PM
coolestdude
New User

If you guys want steak, how about Texas Roadhouse? I was there last year and it was tasty... just a thought...

I'd be willing to bring some stuff down to sell, I have a grill and a couple other things...as well as chip in some of the cost, and watch the booth for a while... That is as long as things pan out and I can still go...

Ken Schneider
Coloma, MI
68 F100 Ranger 360/C6/3.25NL

Old 04-21-2001, 12:14 AM
CantDrive55
Senior User

Anyone have an opinion on which day would be the best to go? I'd love to stay the whole time, but won't be able to. Also, is there any web site out there for the show? I can't wait!!

Old 04-21-2001, 12:16 AM
CantDrive55
Senior User

And that being my hundredth post, I'm now a SENIOR MEMBER!!!

sorry, had to say something

Old 04-21-2001, 01:35 AM
ranger xlt
New User

Saturday is BY FAR the BIG day for the show!! All the trucks are in town, the awesome parade is that afternoon and the awards ceremony is that evening. Show up early for a good parking place. And bring your lawn chair to sit along the road during the evening and watch the trucks roll by for hours!!

See you there!!

Old 04-21-2001, 11:36 PM
CantDrive55
Senior User

Then I will be there Saturday! Thanks

Quick Reply: Pigeon Forge is just 36 more days..... :D