Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > Ontario Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Posting Guru

fp_5 is starting off with a positive reputation.
'77 F150

I found a 77 F150 (2wd)for sale in Scarborough. I think I can grab it for $200 and thats about what its worth. It's a rust bucket running a 351 auto. I was thinking about grabbing it for parts. I checked the data plate for axle code because I could use a better rear end ratio but this one is 2.75:1, worse than my 3.0.
I could use a the front spindles if there any good but thats about it.
Anyone else interested in any parts or getting a parts truck?

Frank
Old 05-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Postmaster

Dealford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
There's only a few left...

Is it the medium brown (baby poo) styleside?
I seem to remember someone posting a pic of a guy with a Ford pick-up pulling a trailer made from the same year group Ford pick-up. If you made your own trailer, Frank, you could look just like buddy in the old pic.
Let me know if you grab the truck. Seems I owe you a favour (best done on a Sunday).
AL.
63 Fairlane, Gone to my buddy Chuck.
It Aint Fun Unless It's Done The Hard Way!
Old 05-12-2006, 09:38 AM
Posting Guru

I think we're talking about the same truck, the colour is some where between brown and orange with a white stripe. It's supposed to run but rear main seal is shot. he's ask $400 but will take 200.
The box isn't good enough for a trailer or I'd get my straw hat on and pose for the picture !

If someone else was interested in mechanical parts or the drivetrain glass etc. I would grab it and we could tear apart quickly so that it only sits in my driveway for a couple of days before getting hauled away. I won't get it myself just for a spindle and some odds/ends.

You owe me a favour? hmmm, the possibilities are endless.... (kidding).
Old 05-12-2006, 11:38 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

loudfords has a good reputation on FTE.loudfords has a good reputation on FTE.
Is that the real rough POS in the trader (I see it on the website)? If you get it for $200, you could just strip the good stuff and haul the shell for scrap - $120/ton (I got $213 for a 5th Ave) - and have free parts!

On that note, anyone need any 74 F100 parts? I'm going to strip the truck this weekend and scrap the leftovers in a couple weeks.

1979 F150 351W
2003 Explorer XLT
Old 05-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Posting Guru

I just checked the autotrader and no thats not the one but the 144litre tank is interesting??
Old 05-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Postmaster

Dealford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ok, ya, that "what the heck do you call that colour". Is the white stripe the factory one that does a U turn at the rear (77) or just extra paint on a roller paint job?
The factory stripe truck (2 gas tanks) is still working (saw it 2-3 weeks ago) & I haven't seen the other well used (POS) truck for a while.
AL.
63 Fairlane, Gone to my buddy Chuck.
It Aint Fun Unless It's Done The Hard Way!
Old 05-12-2006, 10:01 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > Ontario Chapter