Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Jersey Chapter Join Chapter Leader: sddesigns

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Senior User

C. Lee Colbert is starting off with a positive reputation.
Moving A Shed!

I have a 10 foot by 8 foot shed , made of wood that I need to transport from Point Pleasant to Long Branch. I have thought about getting a trailer and trying to winch it up onto it and haul the trailer with my f150. Any suggestions?
Old 05-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Post Fiend

frederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to all
That's what I would do.

Another possibility is to place a piece of plywood next to it, leaning on the back of the trailer, jack/crane/lift the shed onto four moving dollys, then push with the help of friends.

I helped a friend do that to a huge dollhouse he sold to another mutual friend (the dollhouse was huge, i.e. kid sized... his daughters played in it until they were almost in their teens. I'd guess it was about 8'x10' base and maybe 6' high at the peak? We used six moving dollys.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Senior User

Well, the moving dollies may be tough, it is on turf, with grass all around it. I thought if I could jack it up on 1 side, say about 12 inches, then roll some PVC pipe, about 8 inch, under it...then jack up the other side, and slide another pipe under...and try rolling it, with additional pipe ahead of it also...just to get it at the edge of the trailer then use a winch , and straps, and pull it up onto the trailer....and after thinking of all this, I kept saying to myself : "self, that sounds crazy!" it does have a wood floor which should make this possible.....

Harbor frieght tools sells "farm " jacks pretty cheap....they will jack up a tractor!
I am actually giving the shed to a freind who needs one, and cant afford to buy one...

Thanks Fred for your help! I gotta keep thinking for more ideas....
Old 05-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Junior User

racedude48 is starting off with a positive reputation.
disassemble it an move it in pieces :-P LoL, idunno i have no ideas
Old 05-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Post Fiend

frederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to all
what I meant was back the truck or trailer up to the shed, lean plywood on the bed (remove the tailgate as not to bed it), and use the dollys to travel up the plywood.

I wasn't suggesting going around your yard/house on dollys
Old 05-11-2006, 07:29 AM
Senior User

oh...that makes sense! I misunderstood ya.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:31 AM
Senior User

taking it apart is not an option I want to consider at this point...but ya never know...
Old 05-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Senior User

tfalk is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had to move my shed, but it was only about 20 feet. We jacked up the rear and pushed a couple of 2x10's under the runners. I screwed a piece of plywood to the other side, then used the F250 to push it across the yard.

If you have 4x4's underneath, they will slide if you put a couple of 2x8's or 2x10's under them.
I'd try making a ramp from the shed to the trailer, supporting it a couple of places in the middle,
then either winching or pushing it up onto the trailer.
FFR4784 Factory Five Daytona Coupe #139
Old 07-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Senior User

Well, when I emptyied it out, I saw how bad it was, rotten wood etc...so I paid some guy to remove it...money well spent I think, cuz I woulda hurt my ol' back doin it...(ciatica...)

so, now the wife wants a pool put up on the spot where the old shed was!!!!

wonders never cease....I love livin in jersey, just blocks from the ocean...and she wants a pool!!!

the only bad thing about livin in jersey is the idiots down in trenton who think it is better to shut down the sand box and dont let no one play, then to work out their problems...what a bunch of immature *** holes...:-\
Old 07-06-2006, 02:04 PM

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
see? you just had to go and mess with that shed didn't ya! now, instead of having a place to store your spare parts, lawn mower, secret beer cooler, and lawn chair, you now have a lighter wallet, and a pool to put up!!

ps.

when is the opening day party??

rarely in life do you meet a person that will drop everything to help a stranger,
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:36 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee Colbert
the only bad thing about livin in jersey is the idiots down in trenton who think it is better to shut down the sand box and dont let no one play, then to work out their problems...what a bunch of immature *** holes...:-\
Remember we elected these *** holes

Sales tax is going up, and property taxes are going down, so they say. I expect the latter to not happen.

I wish it would, I'd have a new car every year.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:16 AM
Postmaster

soondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud of
NEW JERSEY! A GREAT STATE TO DRIVE THROUGH!

I know a joke, but only a joke. I have a lot of family and friends in that wonderfully governed state, even spend my vacation and recreational dollars there.

Pennsylvania Chapter, Home of the Mid Atlantic Meet JOIN US HERE!

Old 07-07-2006, 11:16 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter

Tags
abs, easy, indianapolis, move, movers, moving, nj, pa, pipe, pvc, relocate, shed, sheds, trailer, trailers, transporting