Anyone seen these? BioPro BioD makers...

Old 05-06-2006, 05:09 PM
harryball42
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone seen these? BioPro BioD makers...

I found this http://www.ssienergy.com/BioPro150.html recently doing some research trying to cut down my fuel bill. I'm burning about 400 gallons/month. That's a lot or not a lot... which is the problem. A lot when I pay the fuel bill, but not a lot when trying to find an alternative.

I found plans and kits to make bioD... but I'm not thrilled about heating a mixture with methanol in a water heater. While looking I found the BioPro 150 and 190.

It sounds good... still doing the math thing but it looks like it'd take 8 to 10 months to recoup the price of the unit. Maybe less, if fuel was cheaper I'm sure I'd run the tractors more and drive more freely.

Has anyone seen these?
Does anyone use them?
Problems?
Cons / Pros?

Is there somewhere near Atlanta I can go see one working?

I'm stuck in the "If it seems too good to be true..." mode.

Robert

Old 05-06-2006, 06:58 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by harryball42
I found this http://www.ssienergy.com/BioPro150.html recently doing some research trying to cut down my fuel bill. I'm burning about 400 gallons/month. That's a lot or not a lot... which is the problem. A lot when I pay the fuel bill, but not a lot when trying to find an alternative.

I found plans and kits to make bioD... but I'm not thrilled about heating a mixture with methanol in a water heater. While looking I found the BioPro 150 and 190.

It sounds good... still doing the math thing but it looks like it'd take 8 to 10 months to recoup the price of the unit. Maybe less, if fuel was cheaper I'm sure I'd run the tractors more and drive more freely.

Has anyone seen these?
Does anyone use them?
Problems?
Cons / Pros?

Is there somewhere near Atlanta I can go see one working?

I'm stuck in the "If it seems too good to be true..." mode.

Robert
In my humble opinion..............Way, Way, WAY overpriced! I have less than $200 in my processer and have been making bio for over 2 years. Just passed the 7,000 gal mark. I run all my tractors, trucks, irrigation pumps and heat for 2 houses and a shop all off of one processer and I make 100 gal PER HOUR!

fABMANDELUX.

Old 05-06-2006, 08:12 PM
harryball42
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps you could share some links to some proven designs? I'm leary of the water heaters + methanol stuff. Is one operating around Atlanta somewhere I could go see?

Robert

Old 05-06-2006, 08:34 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by harryball42
Perhaps you could share some links to some proven designs? I'm leary of the water heaters + methanol stuff. Is one operating around Atlanta somewhere I could go see?

Robert
First try here: http://www.biodieselcommunity.org This is the best site on the web for info on making and using Biodiesel. You should also be able to find people in the Atlanta area to help you get started from this site. Good luck and welcome to FTE. Also search this forum, there is a lot of info here from people who make bio now.

FABMANDELUX.

Search this Thread