Hello---this is a portion of factory procedure. It doesn't include specific info
for disconnection & removal, but should give you some idea...
1. Remove the fuel tank (9002) as described in Fuel Tank (select appropriate configuration and tank location) in the «Removal and Installation» portion of this section.
2. Position fuel tank on a work bench and remove any dirt that has accumulated around the fuel tank sending unit and pump so that it will not enter the fuel tank.
3. Turn the fuel pump locking retainer ring (9C385) counterclockwise with Fuel Tank Sender Wrench D84P-9275-A or equivalent and remove fuel pump locking retainer ring.
4. Remove the fuel tank sending unit and pump from the fuel tank.
5. Remove seal gasket and discard.
1. Clean the fuel pump mounting flange and the fuel tank mounting surface and groove in the fuel pump mounting gasket (9417).
2. Put a light coating of Premium Long-Life Grease XG-1-C or -K or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESA-M1C75-B on a new fuel pump mounting gasket to hold it in place during assembly. Install it in the fuel ring groove.
3. Install fuel tank sending unit and pump carefully to make sure that the fuel filter (9155) is not damaged. Be sure that the tabs of the fuel tank sending unit and pump are positioned into slots of the fuel tank. Make sure ring remains in place.
4. Hold the fuel tank sending unit and pump and fuel pump mounting gasket in place; install and rotate the fuel pump locking retainer ring clockwise until the stop is against the retainer ring tab.
5. Install fuel tank as described in Fuel Tank (select appropriate configuration and tank location) in the «Removal and Installation» portion of this section.
Fuel Tank Sending Unit and Pump, F-150, F-250, F-350 and Bronco
Thanks for the help, I had thought about the box option but wasnt sure which would be easier. Does anyone know how much the bed weighs approximately, its a short box.
Thanks again for all the help, its appreciated.