Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

Attn: Kansas Chapter Members

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:32 AM
Bargod
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attn: Kansas Chapter Members

I remember when the Kansas Chapter first came into being, there were a whole bunch of people that no one knew, that just showed up one day and wanted to start a chapter. There was all this talk about “Who is the Chapter President?” and “When are your g2g’s?” Those of us who were already here weren’t so sure that we wanted a Chapter President and most of us didn’t have a clue as to what a g2g was, but we endured, and we came out pretty good if I say so myself.
<O</O

As I look back at the way things have gone in our chapter over the past few months, I wonder what happened to all that excitement. I know that people move on, and find different things to occupy their time, but to have such an abrupt change with no indicator on the boards puzzles me. After looking at things, I feel that this chapter made a mistake when I was voted in as Chapter Leader. I do not feel that I am the right person to lead this chapter in the direction that it should be. At this time, I am stepping down as the Chapter Leader. This decision was not an easy one for me to make, but I feel that it is what is best for the chapter. I will continue to approve any Chapter membership applications that are submitted, until a new chapter leader is chosen, and I will take care of the voting process to select a new person for that position.

I would like to see a few people throw their hat in the ring for the CL position and then have a vote in a week or so.

Old 05-01-2006, 02:21 AM
Thomasm67
Postmaster
Tony i think your doing a great job you've only had it a couple of months as you know i do my best to make the G2G's as much as my job allows. I think since it is spring people will become active again i hope and from what i have seen people have had alot going out of the chapter having a baby getting married and plus with gas prices as they are it does keep some people home. So please give it some time.

Old 05-01-2006, 03:55 AM
n001pa
Senior User
I agree!! You are doing great!! I realize I haven't been with the chapter as long as most everybody else but I just figured the slowness lately was just because of winter. I think as we progress through spring and summer things will get busier. So please think long and hard before you step down.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:02 AM
mikebon08
Posting Guru

Tony, it's nothing to do with you. I'm one of those who hasn't been so active the last few months, it's pretty much entirely due to work. My part-time job will be ending this week so I'll have more time to do stuff besides work and sleep. I've had to spend Saturday evenings catching up on all the stuff I put off through the week (including, but not limited to, sleeping).

Old 05-01-2006, 10:31 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I agree that what is going on has nothing to do with you being CL Tony. It's just one of the cycles that occur. I can remember GTG's last year that were very small.

And I know this has been a difficult year for you with the Job changes. If you need to step down then I understand. But do not ever blame yourself for the lull in the KS chapter. At least not more than the rest of us as members should blame ourselves.

Old 05-01-2006, 12:18 PM
FordManDJ
Elder User
Tony please reconsider, do not put this all on your shoulders, we voted you in and we believe in you, we all need to step up to make this chapter what it was. No one person can be responsible for the actions of several hundred. I am one of those who needs to step up. I love this chapter, but I have failed this chapter not you. Indeed I have a very full plate, but FTE is something I do just for me, and I have denied myself and let all of you down. This is what I think has happened , it's just my opinion, as far as the get together is concerned. When I first joined I was a regular at the GTG's. I enjoy meeting the guys and gals as well as seeing everyones Ford trucks, however every meeting was the same group of people. Old and new members alike have never attended a single meeting. It started to become to routine mb. If we can get more people each month it would bring the excitement back. I know it would for me. I think we need to have GTG's that require every ones participation, give them a purpose to be at the meeting. Example an outdoor cook out. Where everyone has to bring something to make the GTG complete. The bigger number of people and trucks the more we will be visible to the public which will help us expand and prosper once again. Two years ago we had a picnic at Shawnee Mission park that used this idea and it was the largest gathering we have had next to the Christmas party in Rollie's home town. Group truck wash might be another idea, every one brings their stuff to a designated area and we work on 1-2 trucks at a time and give them the ultimate detail job as a group. I am just giving a few examples I'm sure many of you have some great ideas, feel free to express them, we have to help Tony out, this is not a 1 man show. Tony please reconsider, your doing every thing you can at this point, it time the members took responsibility for the future of the Kansas Chapter. This is my 2 cents, I hope I wasn't too winded, just want Tony to know he isn't responsible for our lack of participation. This chapter is about people as much as it is about the trucks. So lets show tony our support and step up to the plate and take a few swings, and let see if we can't get the excitement back that this chapter once had.... Would Sundays instead of Saturdays ,get more participation? These are the type of things we have to look at. What would it take to get you out to a GTG?

Old 05-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
There is nothing you have done wrong Tony, in fact you have carried the flag very well.

I also ask that you reconsider.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:18 PM
Bargod
Posting Guru
I have spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out what was the right thing to do and I believe that this is it. I appreciate the kind words from each of you, but I am going to stick by my decision. I would like to see the remaining members of this chapter focus on the future and start looking for a new CL, I know that there are plenty out there that would do a great job.

Old 05-01-2006, 08:48 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
I concur Tony that you have done a good job and I am sorry that you have decided to step aside. I also respect you for the decision and know that you don't do this lightly. The changes in the chapter are just those things that ebb and flow and have nothing to do with your leadership.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:16 PM
Peties3
Posting Guru
WOW!!!! what a shock!!! I am with the others. Give it some time Things will change. They always did in the past. Yes, more participation at meets will make things much better but there has to be a reason people want to meet or a people has to have the desire to meet.

Lets take for an example the Swap meet this coming weekend. How many here plan to go? How many here has mentioned they are going? Did anyone make plans to meet before or afterwards? Myself, I am going! I would like to meet for breakfast or a dinner afterwards. Providing I have any money left!! HEHE

Anyway, lets work on the real problems instead trying to make something happen that isn't the problem.
Hang in there!!!!
Mark

Old 05-02-2006, 10:42 PM
nitro94
Posting Guru
You're being to hard on yourself, hang in there for a while.

Old 05-03-2006, 08:18 AM
UnderTakr
Elder User
Tony i agree with everyone here. It takes time to get really involved in the chapter! As for GTG i think we just need to pick different sites for it and that may help on people showing up for it.

Mark has a great idea just like he mentioned. I have only seen 3 people that are going but more could come if they are allowed time to come! Im up for breakfast or lunch if everone else is!!

Jeff

Old 05-03-2006, 05:44 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
At this point I'm planning to go on Saturday morning. I'll have to leave the meet around noon to return home for another obligation, but would be open to meeting at the meet sometime during the moring. Any suggestions?

Old 05-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Peties3
Posting Guru
There is always the new Spangles at 6th and Kasold.
Mark

Old 05-05-2006, 09:43 AM
gordo 101
Junior User
Tony...I really think you should reconsider your decision. You haven't held this post long enough to make a judgement on your performance. You really ought to give it more of a chance. Realisticly, do you see any one of us that is going to do a better job then you have? I think that you have to consider the fact that most of us are just "good old boys" that like to get together once in a while. Jobs, families and other responsibilities sometimes take priority over what we would prefer to do. Think it over, please.

Gordo

Quick Reply: Attn: Kansas Chapter Members