General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

shopping on Monday

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 09:33 AM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,657 Likes on 1,127 Posts
shopping on Monday

Put your American flag out on Monday. if you don't have one. it's a great day to buy one.

Organizers are planning the May 1 "Great American Boycott," urging illegal immigrants -- who cannot
vote and who have only limited political power -- to flex their economic muscle.

Protesters are being urged to refrain from shopping, and to stay away from school and work.

You should take a moment to let that sink in.

This is a movement orchestrated by people who entered the US illegally, and then want to scream about

their "rights." WHAT RIGHTS?

Now, like terrorists, they are going to attack our economy. The country they came to like locusts so they

could reap the benefits is now the focus of their boycott.
You've seen it on TV: Marching on our American streets waving their Mexican flags.

To all the real Americans, you can do one small thing on May 1st, 2006. It won't be racist, nor will it be violent.

It will not be boastful, arrogant, selfish, nor distasteful. It will not be any of those things that our "guests" have
already displayed.

What it will do is nullify a movement.

All you have to do is buy something on May 1st. Make up for what they will try to take away. It doesn't have to

be a new car or house (unless you were already planning on getting one). It simply needs to be a day of trading.

Hold off grocery buying until May 1st. Take your wife or hubby out to eat that night.

Get the kids pizza, hamburgers, whatever! Make several trips to the convenience store.

Buy your meals at work.

Fill up your tank.

Shop for clothes, furniture, outdoor equipment.

If it needs to be bought, BUY IT MAY 1st!

Old 04-30-2006, 09:51 AM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm ahead of you on this on. I usually by fuel on Sat / Sun,...waiting til Monday this week.

I am buying my youngest daughter a little 15" flat panel TV for her 8th grade graduation gift. Waiting til tomorrow.

Was gonna buy a new carpet shampooer this weekend...waiting til tomorrow.

Taking half a day off tomorrow...in protest of working.

Gonna go to my local community shrink house (bar) and seek out mental remedy for my incapacity to accept the fact that people from outside our legal naturalization process...want something for nothing. Was bad enough when it was just Americans pursuing something for nothing on my tax dime.

I think when tomorrow comes, I will wait til the next day to watch the news...cause I am already sick of hearing about it.

Oh yeah...and my US Flag is displayed almost every day anyway. I don't need illegals to motivate me in that regard.

Old 04-30-2006, 10:28 AM
bf250
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awww heck, who cares, the corporations just want money from anyone, legal or not, its just like the items at walmart, got americans hooked on buying, then they put everything in spanish also, americans stopped buying? NOPE! they continue to buy.

americans, in reality, don't care to much, as long as they got their SUV, fast food, walmart, credit cards, and a job, not to much is going to budge them out of their lazy boy in front of their TV.

hence i don't see to many people PROTESTING against illegals, that would mean doing something other than watching TV, or shopping!

Old 04-30-2006, 10:57 AM
94van
Posting Guru
Take note of the businesses that close Monday, or are short on help because they let immigrants, legal, or illegal off, then refrain from patronizing them in the future.

Old 04-30-2006, 11:24 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Helifixer, Are you purposely using a small font so I can't read it or make me do all the work to increase the size of the font so that I can read it ?

Why should the reader have to do all the work ?

Please just use the FTE default font

Old 04-30-2006, 02:27 PM
FarmForward
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in agreement with the tone of this thread. I have nothing against immigrants, believe me, as long as they play by the rules and don't sneak across a border to get in the country. I'll be at work Monday night, and I'll find something to buy that day, too, and I hope the "strike" will be a huge fiasco.

Old 04-30-2006, 02:45 PM
CowboyBilly9Mile
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
By necessity, but largely because of the noisemakers and their protest, I will be buying:

*Gasoline
*Food (except anything that has the slightest hint of being produced by folks from south of the border)
*Paint
*Fertilizer
*A couple of tools

If I can think of ANYTHING else that I've been putting off buying, it will be bought tomorrow . And besides, shopping tomorrow will be a plesant reminder of what it was like to shop in this country 50 or so years ago. The protesters forgot something. Here in WA, tomorrow is "Mothers day". On the first of the month and at 12:00:01AM, the people with "type W" personalities (ie, welfare) get their free taxpayer sponsored handout. Sure as the sun will rise tomorrow morning, they WILL be standing at cash machines just after midnight tonight to get their (our) free money and will promptly proceed to blow it. Perfect, a cash infusion into the states economy and a bit of damage to the boycott .

*I'm not opposing immigration (even though we already have more than enough people); I'm against illegals; nothing good becomes of it .

Last edited by CowboyBilly9Mile; 04-30-2006 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:46 PM
FghtinIrshNvrDie
Postmaster
right on. I'm buying all my stuff to tune up the truck on monday. Been planning on it for a while.

Ryan

Old 04-30-2006, 02:55 PM
OSin86
Posting Guru
You do all know this is a waste of time right? Illegals won't boycott anything in numbers big enough to make a real (not media fluffed) impact and niether will you guys banning together to boost sales on Monday. Yes, I am saying it's all a waste of time.

Old 04-30-2006, 03:11 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
The good news is...it is my waste...and my time.

Old 04-30-2006, 03:33 PM
OSin86
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by kw5413
The good news is...it is my waste...and my time.
You're right! I waste time too and I shouldn't have said anything. sorry

Old 04-30-2006, 03:35 PM
IrishEKU
Senior User
Originally Posted by OSin86
You do all know this is a waste of time right? Illegals won't boycott anything in numbers big enough to make a real (not media fluffed) impact and niether will you guys banning together to boost sales on Monday. Yes, I am saying it's all a waste of time.
Well one thing is for sure they arn't going to give up for one moment what keeps me moving 80 some odd tons of beer a day. LOL! you should see all the migrant workers lined up at the liquor stores on election day, it's pretty funny wathing every last one of them looking at a clock or watch waiting for 6 pm to chime off. I feel sorry for the poor person that has to unlock the doors!

Old 04-30-2006, 05:45 PM
Mike Roma
Senior User
Originally Posted by OSin86
You might be right. Like the whole "don't buy gas on thursday" thing? The illegals will get a lot of media attention though, and that means they are not "wasting their time". What results they achieve remain to be seen. I don't really believe that my making a purchase tommorow will make a difference, but if Americans were to join together to show support for enforcing the laws that already exist, and for making tougher laws, that could make a difference.

I'm all for some kind of "counter protest". I don't know how well it will work, but I'm for it. The illegals have been creating a backlash against themselves. I was not really motivated to go against the illegals much before, but after seeing Mexican flags and "threats" against America, I say toss 'em out.

Illegals have no right to protest in America. They have no "rights" at all; they don't belong here. As for the legal immigrants and others who will be protesting, I respect your right to protest, but don't agree with the idea of protecting LAWBREAKERS.

How about if we have a day to protest the persecution of drug dealers and child molesters?

Old 04-30-2006, 05:52 PM
OSin86
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Mike Roma
You might be right. Like the whole "don't buy gas on thursday" thing? The illegals will get a lot of media attention though, and that means they are not "wasting their time". What results they achieve remain to be seen. I don't really believe that my making a purchase tommorow will make a difference, but if Americans were to join together to show support for enforcing the laws that already exist, and for making tougher laws, that could make a difference.

I'm all for some kind of "counter protest". I don't know how well it will work, but I'm for it. The illegals have been creating a backlash against themselves. I was not really motivated to go against the illegals much before, but after seeing Mexican flags and "threats" against America, I say toss 'em out.

Illegals have no right to protest in America. They have no "rights" at all; they don't belong here. As for the legal immigrants and others who will be protesting, I respect your right to protest, but don't agree with the idea of protecting LAWBREAKERS.

How about if we have a day to protest the persecution of drug dealers and child molesters?
They're still wasting thier time, the media forgets who to cover just as quickas they found them. Point being is sure they may get a little sun light but it isn't going to get them far. Also I think we're grouping all of "them" together when the truth is most of "them" don't want anythign to do with making waves.

Old 04-30-2006, 06:26 PM
oldgoat49
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think the protest really represents the impact the illegals have on the US economy. If only the illegals didn't show up for work then we would know more, but when you throw in the businesses that shut down for whatever reason and the legals that won't show up in support it just throws more impact into than there really is. Besides even if we did deport the illegals I think there are enough legals waiting in line to get in that would come and also the businesses would need to start paying what the job is worth instead of what they are paying some poor guy that is afraid of being caught and will work for less, without WC and probably not having OSHA enforcement of the work rules. Also remember that the immigrants send billions back to Mexico that doesn't get into our economy. If the illegals are gone some of the money won't be sent, they won't be here using our schools and social services and causing extra trouble for the police. In some respects might save us money.

Quick Reply: shopping on Monday