The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Advise?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 08:59 AM
Dustin_86
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Advise?

I met this girl, actually she met me had me cornered litterly with nothing for me to say ODD! Well we were suppose to go out on a date the fallowing night. Her father died. Now she acts like she does not even know me, Took her change and left "Sonic" She seems normal with others though. She used to hang around my car for what seemed like 5 minutes now.......Well.. I got her a card but she will not hang around me long enough to give it to her. I'm stumped. I just want to tell her thatit is hard but she will get through it.
Dustin

Old 04-25-2006, 10:08 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Death is a terrible thing. Death also complicates this, a LOT. You must remember that her father just died. I would be very distant if that had happened to me as well. There really isn't much that you can do except give her space. Your best bet would be to mail the card to her and then just give her space. The death of a father is not something that people really get over, especially at your age. Its not like a aunt or uncle that passed away. This was her father that died. Like I said before, just give her space and mail the card to her. I know that it sucks to have to do that, but there really isn't any other way.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Peter94
Postmaster
Yeah take it from me man, she's going to feel really distant and confused for a while, i know i am. My Grandpa just died on wednesday, and that was only my grandpa, i saw him almost more than i see my dad everyday though, but still, i cant imagine what i'd feel like if it was my dad. Right now i just dont want to be by anyone, a couple days ago when i was with my GF i just wanted to go on a walk by myself, and leave her behind. It really hasnt effected my friends at all though, i dont know if its cause of the fact my friends really arent impacted by it so i shouldnt act different around them or what, I dont know... Dont worry, she probably still likes ya, but yeah, she's gonna need some time with this one. Just write to her in your card and let her know that you've always got a shoulder open for her to cry on. Not much you can do but let time take its course.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:30 AM
1983_f100
Junior User
like these fellas said i would just give her some space and some time and she'll start to come back to ya and realize what you done for and be that much more appreciative...

Old 04-25-2006, 02:57 PM
defence18
Freshman User
Hey man,

While everything these guys are saying makes sense, I would still either call her, or email her, or IM her or whatever, and tell her that you are there if she wants to talk, or get away or anything. Remember she ain't a guy. She's gonna appreciate the offer, even if she doesn't take you up on it. She knows her friends are there for her, but sometimes she needs a different perspective, and showing that you care is an indication that you are truly concerened for her, and not her body. As much as she wants to be removed, she also wants to know that people care for her enough to want to help her through it. Just my 2 cents.
-Dan

Old 04-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Dustin_86
Posting Guru
I still have the card. I have not seen her sense monday after Easter. She's kinda vanished. I don't know where she lives or her number so I guess Well........ I wanted to give the card to her and tell her that my prayers are with her and i'm here if she needs anything. She is almost never thier, when she is she never comes over to me.

Old 04-28-2006, 07:59 AM
soundwave
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can you find her address or phone number from school? Or have a school employee contact her for you? Giver her space, but DO let her know you'll be there for her if she wants someone to talk to, be it by telling her or writing it on that card.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:23 AM
wezol5484
Postmaster

Hey Dustin, its been a while since Ive seen ya on here. Same for you CMK, what'd yall do, die?

Anyways, this is what I would do in this situation. I wouldn't distance myself TOO much from her, after all...you do like her so you do want to be there for her. From what I've read, she works at Sonic, correct? Leave the card on her windshield. Later on that night call her cell. If she doesn't answer leave her a message. Tell you're sorry her father died and that you are only a phone call away if she wants to talk. Let her know you are there for her. After that leave it be for a little while. Still go to Sonic let her know you are there but don't push the issue of trying to talk to her. Make eye contact with her, smile a little and wave. Let her know you are there for her. If she wants to talk she will walk over to you.

This is a tough one. Give her some space though, after all her dad did die. If my dad died I would honestly say that I would feel sorry for my GF cause I would practically shut her out.

Old 04-28-2006, 05:28 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
I've been around. I was in Florida for a week though and have been pretty "busy." That is if you count working on cars and hanging out with friends busy . lol

Old 05-01-2006, 10:22 AM
wezol5484
Postmaster

Nice, I went to some (illegal) street races Saturday night (invite only). They meet up at the hot rod shop they own and guys show up with cars that run 7-8 seconds...in the quarter . Its a place where no ricers are aloud.

2 mustang cobras
90's (dunno what year) 5.0
Camaro Z28 (shops car)
Shelby Cobra kit car
53 bel-aire

Thats about it that showed up cause the rain scared off mostof the people. It was cool as hell. Then we went back and finished putting the intake and exhuast on my buddies 383 stroker bored out to a 396. Its sweeeeet. Its in a 66' GMC.

Anyways, give us an update when you are able to Dustin. Let us know how it's going.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:31 AM
81fordf-250
Senior User
My pop's

My dad has a 69 dodge coronet R/T that ran in the 10's when he draged. We still have the car but it needs a paint job. My dad was always into all go and no show, Sleeper cars more or less. The motor is to built up for just driving. You have to run 110 octane fuel in it. Very exspensive$$$$.It would pack the front tires.

Old 05-01-2006, 10:36 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just want to tell her thatit is hard but she will get through it.
Thats prolly the last thing she'll want to hear as she knows how hard it is, where as you think it's hard.