Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Events & Happenings
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2002, 05:19 PM
Postmaster

Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.
Daytona Turkey Run- Thanksgiving Weekend

Attention All: Upcoming Daytona Turkey Run (they dropped the "rod" several years ago) is, as always Thanksgiving Weekend,Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Saturday is the "Best" day, as everything/everyone is all set up and there, Friday everyone is trying to get over Thanksgiving dinner, and trying to get set up, Sunday everyone tends to start packing up early, that said heres an imprompto opportunity for fellow FTErs to get together and go, I, at least will be at the Denny's east of the track at 8am, I'll wear my FTE shirt, hope to see & meet some new friends!!! Rick
Old 11-20-2002, 10:09 PM
FTE Administrator

Carlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputation

Hey Rick - Steve & I will be at the show on Saturday. Would love to meet you at Denny's at 8:00 am but will be unable to as we like to be at the gates at 8 when they open. I'll have my FTE shirt on also (Steve would wear it, but it's my turn.) We usually start out in the car/truck section and then end up spending the rest of the day in the swap meet section. Look in my gallery for the guy with the cowboy hat and that's Steve. The hat is pretty unique for Florida so he's easy to spot.

After the show, we always go to the Ale House for Wings & Beer.

Also know that Harry (The Wiz) plans on being there, just not sure of what day.

Hope to see you there.

FTE Guidelines
Check out the Florida Chapter
Old 11-21-2002, 05:32 AM
Postmaster

Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.

Carlene, Sounds like a plan.....may be I'll get to the gate by 8 as well, it seems as each year the show crowd gets larger, last year I got there at 10 am and walked 3 miles from where I parked to the gates.
Any other takers out there????
Old 11-25-2002, 11:46 PM
Junior User

f1drivr is starting off with a positive reputation.

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 26-Nov-02 AT 00:52 AM (EST)]I'll be there too. I'll be looking for the FTE shirts. My truck reg # is 1795 our trucks will be parked over by the play ground area. Mine will be a black primed 47 Ford Truck with red trim. Hopefully I'll see you there.

Old 11-26-2002, 07:45 AM
Freshman User

Drilim is starting off with a positive reputation.

Im gonna try and get up there friday night after work, and if not sometime early saturday morning. Ill look for the FTE shirts, since i dont have my own From what i hear, there isnt gonna be many trucks there? true?

List Mod's in Gallery
FTE
Old 11-26-2002, 11:43 AM
FTE Administrator

Carlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputation

Hi Drilim - Welcome to FTE.

I don't know where you're located or what time you get off work, but the show usually runs from 8 am to 4 pm. Friday after work wouldn't give you much time to see anything.

If this year is like the last few, there are plenty of the older resto'd and rodded trucks to see.

I hope to run into some of my fellow FTE'ers there.

FTE Guidelines
Old 11-26-2002, 02:10 PM
Post Fiend

TheWiz427 has a good reputation on FTE.TheWiz427 has a good reputation on FTE.TheWiz427 has a good reputation on FTE.

Bad news looks like i'm gonna miss the fun this year slung a rod in my big mower yesterday.All the money i had saved for the Turkey Run now has to go towards repairs which means a new engine most likely.

Wiz

[link:www.clubfte.com/users/thewiz427/index.html|"Wiz's Place"]
Old 11-27-2002, 08:18 AM
FTE Administrator

Wiz - What a Bummer -

I was looking forward to meeting you but I do understand how that budget thing works. Maybe next year.

FTE Guidelines
Old 11-27-2002, 08:57 AM
Post Fiend

TheWiz427 has a good reputation on FTE.TheWiz427 has a good reputation on FTE.TheWiz427 has a good reputation on FTE.

I to was looking foward to meeting you and Steve.Having your own buisness can be tough sometimes.Looks like i'm going to be out about a grand for a new short block and i am having them go over the chassis as well.The only bright side of this is they are letting me use a loaner mower till mines ready sometime next week(gotta keep my customers happy).

Wiz

[link:www.clubfte.com/users/thewiz427/index.html|"Wiz's Place"]
Old 11-27-2002, 06:08 PM
Senior User

spacecoast is starting off with a positive reputation.

Hey f1 - I'll be in the same area in the club parking my number is B07.

I'm pretty new to the board but I would like to meet some of you folks. My F100 looks black until in direct light then the blue comes out.
Old 12-01-2002, 09:26 PM
Junior User

f1drivr is starting off with a positive reputation.

Sorry, Spacecoast I left Wednesday morning for Daytona & did not see your post. Sorry I didn't find you.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:58 AM
FTE Administrator

We had a great time but discovered leg muscles I'd forgotten about.

Charles, sorry we didn't find you. By the time I figured out the map and what area you were in, we were all the way on the other side of the track. My feet wouldn't have handled the walk back to the area you were in. Way too much to look at. We spent the majority of the day in the parts section and came up with some pretty good finds for our '41.

FTE Guidelines
Old 01-08-2003, 11:45 PM
New User

ahhjaws is starting off with a positive reputation.

Old 01-08-2003, 11:45 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Events & Happenings