1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

F-250 Wood Bed Blueprints

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 09:15 AM
jeff5683
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post F-250 Wood Bed Blueprints

Howdy Guys!

I've searched past forums, even went to George's "Earl's World", and I can only find the wood blueprints for the 6.5' shortbed. Anybody have or know where I can find the blueprints for a LONG BED? They are different than the short bed by far.. There are 7 sheets of wood instead of 5. The two outside pieces are cut to fit around the wheel tubs, then two on each side next to that, then one wider piece in the middle. Itd also be nice to know what the stock router bit was in order to put in the skid strips correctly..

Also, in your opinion, whats the best wood to use?

Thanks!

Jeff

Old 04-25-2006, 08:23 AM
jeff5683
Senior User
Anyone? Anything?

Old 04-25-2006, 08:29 AM
StevenK
Senior User
I too would like to know. The old plywood needs to go!

Old 04-25-2006, 11:11 AM
FOWL1
Tuned
I guessed at mine. I have a '55 F-250 with the same bed. If you have the original bed supports, withthe original holes, use them and measure the difference between the holes. I can try to measure mine to see what the distance is. I used a piece of birch A/C or A/B plywood which was not wide enough to cover the entire space. I ripped the plywood into boards and tere was a considerable gap. I also used a molding strip for the bed strips. It just fit. I later went back and cut other plywood strips as gap filler and didn't recess them. (The bedwood was not in the budget and the strips weren't either.) I think the whole thing might have cast $50 or so. If you want the actual measurements, try Bruce Horkey Wood and Parts. He has a '55 F-250 and sells the bed wood and bed strips for the bigger trucks. I wold use oak or another hard wood, but for now, the birch plywood has to do. BTW I painted the wood bed strips black and used Teak oil on the plywood. Looks petty good.