Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Post Fiend

captain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud of
My NEW CAR

mmm new car smell
I ended up selling my truck to get this, brand new. Its a black mazda3 hatchback w/2.3 and sport AT tranny. Really cool car, very fun to drive and great on gas.
Don't worry though, i'm saving up to get a bronco for an offroad rig i'll be driving a truck soon enough.

Anyway, pics in the gallery under Mazda3 Hatchback, tell me what you think!
Old 04-19-2006, 06:08 PM
Postmaster

handyman43358 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Pretty neat! Not a big fan of cars, but I like the I4 it has! Can't kill that 2.3! Good lookin little car!

1995 F-150 XL 4x4 5.8 351 with a 5 speed ZF Manual. 258,000 miles
Old 04-19-2006, 06:39 PM
Post Fiend

captain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud ofcaptain p4 has much to be proud of
I'll probably find a way.. haha. thanks for the compliment.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Postmaster

FghtinIrshNvrDie has a good reputation on FTE.FghtinIrshNvrDie has a good reputation on FTE.FghtinIrshNvrDie has a good reputation on FTE.
eh...

Ryan
Old 04-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Postmaster

handyman43358 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hey now, give him credit! Him driving a smaller car that consumes less gas will make it less expensive for you and I! Why do you think I'm not in a rush to get the transmission back in my big truck!?

1995 F-150 XL 4x4 5.8 351 with a 5 speed ZF Manual. 258,000 miles
Old 04-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Posting Guru

OSin86 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool car captian! I've thought about that type of car for my family. I hope it does well for you. What kind of mileage does it get and what would one expect to pay for one of those (ballpark)?
'02 Honda 400ex ATV, 11 herbs and spices
'04 Honda Recon ATV, The wife's trail machine
Old 04-19-2006, 07:32 PM
Post Fiend

First tank got 21.3.. not overly impressive, but a huge step up from 8-10 and i was delivering food, which is a lot of stop and go (plus i only have 300 miles on it so its not fully broken in yet..). I payed 20k on the road. They start at around 15-16 for the base sedan and go up to around 22 for the top of the line hatch.

You should drive one of these cars before passing judgement Ryan, they really are very fun to drive. I think they look pretty cool too, though thats a personal opinion.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Posting Guru

OSin86 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the info. Keep us posted on how it is after break-in. 20K isn't bad, might have to pick one up next year.
'02 Honda 400ex ATV, 11 herbs and spices
'04 Honda Recon ATV, The wife's trail machine
Old 04-19-2006, 07:52 PM
Postmaster

FghtinIrshNvrDie has a good reputation on FTE.FghtinIrshNvrDie has a good reputation on FTE.FghtinIrshNvrDie has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
You should drive one of these cars before passing judgement Ryan, they really are very fun to drive. I think they look pretty cool too, though thats a personal opinion.
I agree, they are fun to drive. The word that comes to mind is... "Zippy". I was eh'ing the looks... I guess it aint my type of car. I like more of a solid look... not sure how to describe it. Blockier? Make it look more stout. Like a volvo maybe. I think that's what I'm trying to say.

Ryan
Old 04-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Post Fiend

Oh. 'eh...' wasn't much of a post, i wasn't sure what you were saying. I like the looks, but thats personal preference obviously.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Elder User

Patatoe1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I like it. I'd personally prefer the sedan though. But to each his own. If you went to the Mazda website and built it on there, do your prices match?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Posting Guru

Red Star has a good reputation on FTE.Red Star has a good reputation on FTE.
Congrats. Good luck with it.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:18 AM
Postmaster

bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.
It is a nice looking car, too bad you had to get rid of your truck to get it.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Senior User

spidk43 is starting off with a positive reputation.
congrats on breaking 20 MPGs! I'm averaging 9.54 so it makes me happy to see 10 come out when I calculate. Of course, I have a yard of cedar mulch in it right now, and soon we're going to need me to move a ton of river rocks (I'll prolly take two trips, just beacuse I don't trust load range C tires, even new-besides, it isn't that far).

The best three things about your car- (NOT in order)
looks: sporty-ish I wouldn't mind being caught test driving one.
gas: 20+
hatchback: subs won't rattle your trunk like they would in a regular car, so bang away (just be sure to secure the license plate)
Old 04-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Post Fiend

Thanks for the compliments. I only got 19 on the most recent tank :-( .. look at me i'm complaining about 19 mpg, if my truck got 19 I would have to take pictures and frame the gas receitp! haha. Probably just my heavy foot at work again though.. leadfootitis. Have to break it in properly, you know.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:03 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation