1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

heres a few ideas need help on them

Old 04-18-2006, 02:17 AM
TexasRoughneck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb heres a few ideas need help on them

ok for one been thinking about a few things i know u can stack chips together and so on but heres one of my ideas though, if anyone has a 4wd frame from a 1 ton crew cab dont matter what year just need the undercarriage , axles, leafs, 5spd trans and transfer case the rest ill be working on and experimenting with things, first and foremost putting my cab onto a 4wd 1 ton frame, with a 12valve cummins yes i know some of yall may hate me because of this but i wanna know what i can do and cant too, drop a 12 V in my ford on a 4wd 1 ton frame preferably long wheelbase, putting a 300 hp cam, turning the pump all the way up, 6 position chip, another chip added to it also, 2 spd auxiliary trans on the standard 5 spd and transfer case, chromin the motor out, puttin a western hauler type bed on it lots of chrome and stainless steel 7" bull hauler stacks on it, chrome covered welder, chrome fuel tank, chrome gin poles and winches, now my question is this i know u can have single shot propane but could u do double or triple shot propane like u can with nitrous, another thing now heres what i dont know if u can do or not and that is hook up a laptop strait up to the computer on the truck and say type in 100 or 200 hp and it give that to u too but can this be done though, going to run 5" from the turbo to the stacks, single turbo, cold air intake, two chips, propane injection preferably triple shot, 300hp cam, pump turned up, jake brake, all on a 4wd ext cab ford pickup with everything customized or reinforced to handle this much another little gadget id put on it would be flame kit coming out of the stacks, out of the welder, and out the chrome gin poles too and plenty of LED lights on it also, can anyone tell me if this is not a bad idea to try or any extra help to making this possible though yeah i know i could buy a new truck for what im wanting to do but i want a truck like no one else has and will run like nothing else can and pull like crazy too, let me know thanks Lance and rubberduck maybe this will tell u why the stacks are be put off lol later

Old 04-18-2006, 07:59 AM
1969fordguy
Senior User
Sounds like you have too much money... The propane is added as your boost goes up, so there is no need for multiple stages. Build it and get it to a dyno!

Old 04-18-2006, 02:32 PM
71 Muddbugg
Senior User
You are overwhelmingly energetic!! Good luck, cause it sounds like you have alot of work to do. Be interesting to see the 'show truck' when finished...

Old 04-18-2006, 10:29 PM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
TRN, Brother, I've been down with your ideas from the beginning. But your talking about a hell of alot of money, parts and time. As always, I like your ideas, but I'm skeptical at this point. But I'll keep watching to see if your ideas come to life. I'm not saying you can't do it by any means. I don't have any idea of what you are capable of both finacially and mechanically. But so far, I just haven't seen much. Please don't take that the wrong way, I'm pullin' for ya. Show us what you got!

Old 04-18-2006, 10:59 PM
1997F-350
Postmaster
Originally Posted by TexasRoughneck
ok for one been thinking about a few things i know u can stack chips together and so on but heres one of my ideas though, if anyone has a 4wd frame from a 1 ton crew cab dont matter what year just need the undercarriageyou can put an axle under your current frame. , axles, leafs, 5spd transyou need a new tail shaft for your current sf-5 and a xfer case and transfer case the rest ill be working on and experimenting with things, first and foremost putting my cab onto a 4wd 1 ton frame, with a 12valve cummins yes i know some of yall may hate me because of this but i wanna know what i can do and cant too, drop a 12 V in my ford on a 4wd 1 ton frame preferably long wheelbase, putting a 300 hp cam, turning the pump all the way up, 6 position chip, another chip added to it also, 2 spd auxiliarydont know anything about 2 chips on a 12v but i think they cancel each other out on a psd and the only one that matters is the one on the pcm which is good enough. trans on the standard 5 spd and transfer case, chromin the motor out, puttin a western hauler type bed on it lots of chrome and stainless steel 7" bull hauler stacks on it,awesome chrome covered welder, chrome fuel tank, chrome gin poles and winches, now my question is this i know u can have single shot propane but could u do double or triple shot propane like u can with nitrous, another thing now heres what i dont know if u can do or not and that is hook up a laptop straitall the software to make you own programs is a lot of cash00 hp and it give that to u too but can this be done though, going to run 5" from the turbo to the stacks, single turbo, cold air intake, two chips, propane injection preferably triple shot, 300hp cam, pump turned up, jake brake, all on a 4wd ext cab ford pickup with everything customized or reinforced to handle this much another little gadget id put on it would be flame kit coming out of the stacks, out of the welder, and out the chrome gin poles too and plenty of LED lights on it also, can anyone tell me if this is not a bad idea to try or any extra help to making this possible though yeah i know i could buy a new truck for what im wanting to do but i want a truck like no one else has and will run like nothing else can and pull like crazy too, let me know thanks Lance and rubberduck maybe this will tell u why the stacks are be put off lol later
let us know how it comes. find yourself a d60 first and foremost. your 2wd frame is the same.

Old 04-19-2006, 12:47 PM
TexasRoughneck
Senior User
well yall this might take me awhile to do but im going to do what i can and go from there but as for the laptop, chips, and all that will be the most fun part of it, but the thing with the longer frame is that way i can have a longer bed to have all the gadgets that im going to put on it things that i didnt even post for yall my little secret as for the propane ill see what can be done though, and thanks for yalls posts and keep it going seeing if anyone else has any more ideas or some they can lend me about what im planning to do though, as for the frame may have found one for 500 bucks so that will be step one in the process, then ill go with the axles and so forth but when i do ill be puttin 4:10 gears or so in there, any idea if that would be to low for what im thinking about is to much or not, got one other question being ill be putting a 12V in there would it be a better idea to put the 5 spd from the 12V behind it and just get the axles from a dodge or are they stout enough for what im going to put them thru and so forth, let me know k thanks for all the input and Rubberduck it will happen sooner than later it might not be the way i planned it but ill get er done though, might be down that way soon too, take care yall Lance

Old 04-19-2006, 01:37 PM
TexasRoughneck
Senior User
k almost forgot to ask this where could i get scroyhnizers and gears to rebuild my 5spd all the interior guts basically and another thing how could i make 17" wheels fit on my truck without going to disc brakes on the back axles any help on this matter would be great too thanks Lance

Old 04-19-2006, 04:32 PM
1997F-350
Postmaster
pretty sure dodges run a 60 front also not sure what the rear is but our sterling 10.25 are pretty stout rear axles.

Old 05-16-2006, 12:18 AM
TexasRoughneck
Senior User
k onto something about the frame whats the longest frame u could get in the 94-97 1 ton or bigger, because im thinking of puttin a single cab on it and then have lots of fun already found a 12V now another tranny because this will be the show toy though keep my truck now as a work truck though, spend all my money on the play/show truck i guess u could say but wanting to basically if possible if i can make it happen alittle at a time, put it to pullin at tractor pulls too, hehehe lol, let me know what the longest frame i can get so i can start working on this project being i bet i can get a buddy of mine to help me with it also lol, but id sure like to stick to the ford undercarriage if possible, sorry 97 but the only thing i want dodge for is the motor lol, later yall Lance

Old 05-16-2006, 12:24 AM
1997F-350
Postmaster
the longest frame is the 168". its from a cc long bed f350. unless you found a fsuperduty(obs f450) the kind they stretch to put tow truck flatbeds on. have you ever seen dieselmeisters truck?

Old 05-16-2006, 12:44 AM
TexasRoughneck
Senior User
nope sure havent 97 wheres some pics and ill look but that is what i was thinking was it for our trucks was a 168" wheelbase though

Old 05-16-2006, 01:35 AM
TexasRoughneck
Senior User
k i found a 185" wheelbase from a F450 is that the longest u can get in our year model and also does it have the place for leaf springs on the front if so this is the one ill be getting found one for $500 bucks though

Old 05-16-2006, 11:38 AM
1997F-350
Postmaster
yes a f450 has leafs up front.

there is some company out there who can make your truck frame longer.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:50 AM
FFemt5287
Elder User
drop a 12 V in my ford on a 4wd 1 ton frame preferably long wheelbase, putting a 300 hp cam, turning the pump all the way up, 6 position chip, another chip added to it also

wasnt the 12 v mechanical?

Old 05-16-2006, 11:51 AM
FFemt5287
Elder User
Originally Posted by TexasRoughneck
drop a 12 V in my ford on a 4wd 1 ton frame preferably long wheelbase, putting a 300 hp cam, turning the pump all the way up, 6 position chip, another chip added to it also
sounds like quite a truck to me, but wasnt the 12v a mechanical engine? if so, would it work with a chip since there isnt a computer?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: heres a few ideas need help on them