Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > Alberta Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Alberta Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Posting Guru

xtrford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
$1.50 a litre by May long weekend!

Something I over heard at a Birthday bash last nite, couple of guys blabbing away and mentioned a large increase in fuel prices by the May long weekend which has happened in recent years but a $1.50...ouch! Like I said it was something I over heard and from what I could gather these fellows were in the oil and gas industry, I really hope they are wrong but just the thought of it makes cringe....thank god my wifes car is a deisel.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Senior User

tkondro is starting off with a positive reputation.
If gas goes that high, wouldn't deisel be following as well?
Old 04-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Posting Guru

True, but 60 mpg compared to 17mpg...BIG difference even with the higher fuel costs.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:48 PM
Post Fiend

mustange70 has a good reputation on FTE.mustange70 has a good reputation on FTE.
If prices continue to climb, half the agriculture industry is gonna collaspe as noone will be able to afford fuel, as 5000gallons of diseal a summer for a 2600arce farm gets pricey, and that doesn't include the gasoline we go through (500 gallons a month).
Old 04-10-2006, 05:45 AM
Senior User

tkondro is starting off with a positive reputation.
half the agriculture industry.......I would say more than that. Guess thats what happens when farmers are left out to dry. I don't see any ag. companies hurting? In fact I have an old article stating that 2004 was record profits for ag. companies......go figure. Didn't have a 2005 article, but I assume the same thing.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:42 AM
New User

Mil1ion is starting off with a positive reputation.
The power is on the hands of the people.

There has to be an uprising in mammoth proprotions to stop the increases.

People have to curtail their purchases to let the companies and governments that this can't keep happening.
There is in fact an end to the money at some point.

The philosophy should be: "The More we buy the cheaper it gets"...not " Supply vs Demand" ....or..... "If we charge it.... they will pay "
"Build some more Refineries"

I have seen 4 Gasoline refineries in Alberta close down since 1978.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:49 PM
Posting Guru

Mustang with an E to the 70...you changed you avatar...what is it?
Old 04-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Postmaster

seventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to all
Fuel prices will go up this summer, that's a given.

But don't think that us folks in the Oil and gas industry have any real inside knowledge about the fuel prices. It's all guesses.

Dennis, the more you buy the cheaper it does get. Bulk fuel is still a lower price than retail.

But the average price will keep going up, since the supply is from a finite natural resource.
Think about this, if diamonds were common, they'd be cheap . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklnhyd View Post
Holy hell, its not even 9am and you folks are gonna drive me to drink....
Old 04-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Post Fiend

mustange70 has a good reputation on FTE.mustange70 has a good reputation on FTE.
Reason why the ag. dealer are seeing record profits is mainy because its about the time farmers are replacing/upgrading their older eqpuipment in hopes of beeing more efficient and saving on fuel costs, as a little bit goes a long ways, but then with the price of grain so low (lowest in probably 50 years), that trend isn't going to continue.

lol, yeah the e was more or less a typo way way back when i made my hotmail account and it just stuck, an added benefit is that not many others use it .
Old 04-11-2006, 08:23 AM
Posting Guru

I understand about using up a finite natural resource but but what is going on with the oilsands? From what I gather it is one of the largest deposits in the world, wouldn't that keep the prices in check, or is this crude not refinable for gasoline?
Old 04-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Postmaster

seventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to all
You are correct about the oilsands, but that junk is very expensive to extract compared to convential light oil, so it costs more. Each grain of sand has a very thin layer of oil attached to it. In fact it takes more than two tonnes of sand to make a single barrel of oil. Canada is already getting somewhere in the range of a million barrels a day from Oilsands and heavy oil deposits, so that's already been factored into the current price. Without that production, things would be much wores than they are.
You are correct that it's not as good for gasoline, although it is partly refined
that way.

If you think about it, fuel prices have been going up much slower than the price of oil. Oil was $10/bbl just a few short years ago, and now it's $60. Gasoline hasn't risen sixfold in that time.

Incidentally, if any of you get the chance, take a trip to Fort MacMurray and get a tour of Syncrude or Suncor. You'll be amazed at what they are doing up there.

Quote:
Old 04-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Posting Guru

I could imagine! Just from what I have seen on the news blows my mind....2 tons of sand a barrel and a million barrels a day, incredible!
Old 04-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Postmaster

Makes me happy that I'm involved on the conventional side. It makes a two mile deep gas well look positively simple!

Quote:
Old 04-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Posting Guru

FirstTry is starting off with a positive reputation.
i have been told that for every liter of oil product(meaning diesel/natural and gasoline) they burn five liters in the tarsadns. its still sad alberta and bc are some of the most resource rich areas in the western world. it would be nice if we could just shut the border to exports of resources and make them pay through the nose for it. just some of my ideas.lol

This is the attitude we should ALL have

originally posted by Greywolf

"If I can really get this thing together it will either scatter itself in a million pieces or be the fastest pickup truck on earth."
Old 04-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Post Fiend

Yeah the oil sands are going to become one of the most important resources to canada, and you can bet that there is going to be a lot of money (more than now) dumped into the oil sands. Food for thought, it cost somewhere around 30bucks a barrel to produce oil from the oil sands, and the only reason why the sands have become so popular cause now they can make a profit by using the sands.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:05 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > Alberta Chapter