1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Trucks dead -Electrical

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Fullcrew7.3
Logistics Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Trucks dead -Electrical

My truck died yesterday (The wife was driving so I'm not sure exactly what happened) Anyway, when I got there to pick it up, it fired right up and I drove it home. Later that day I went back to check it out and it wouldn't fire. Turns over good *No Tach* first thing I thought CPS. There was also no wait to start light. Got a new CPS today, put it in and still nothing. Still no tach or wts light. Checked the fuses and it was Maxi fuse No. 22 under the hood. Put in a new one and still nothing. Burned it right away. I don't have an owners manual, so I can't even check what curcuits I'm looking at. Does anyone have a list?
Any ideas, or do I just randomly start looking for electrical shorts?????
Thanks in advance.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:18 PM
444dieselrod
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Fuel heater shorted out.

It's about half way down on the drivers side of the fuel filter bowl. one wire, unplug it, you will be fine to run without it. for some reason it is tied into the PCM fuse, so when it blows the PCM loses power.

Diesel Rod

Old 04-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Fullcrew7.3
Logistics Pro

Thanks 444. I just found out the same thing on TDS. I tried searching here, but the FTE server was overloaded. Can't get more fuses until tomorrow anyway, but Thanks again.
Do you happen to have a listing of the other fuses in the under-hood fuse box? If so, PLEASE send it along. Neither one of my manuals have anything fuse related. All assistance is appreciated.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:42 PM
soutthpaw
Laughing Gas
circuits on 1996 PSD Maxi Fuse 22=
Fuel line heater, 200 amp alternator/voltage regulator, PCM Power Relay, Glow plug controller, coil