The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Immigration Law

Old 04-02-2006, 04:01 AM
bassproguy07
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Immigration Law

Ok, Matt dnt delete this, I know it is somewhat a political discussion, but it is effecting a lot of us in the southern united states, and maybe ealsewhere. Ok i dont know if yall watch the news, but theyre trying to change some immigration law for illegal aliens. I think, key word think, theyre trying to make it a felony for being an illegal immigrant or sumthing and theyre going to start cracking down on it hard. A lot of the hispanics in my school have started protesting and stuff, and theres protests all over texas. I personally, understand why they want to come to america, ive been to mexico. But i think there should be some requrements to be allowed to stay here. Parents should keep theyre kids out of trouble, and if they dont they could be at risk of getting deported. Parents must learn english just like theyre kids, and have a job that is enough to support the family without doing illegal things. Also i think that the children should make sufficent effort at doing well in school, i see too many mexican american kids at school just give up and start doing drugs n stuff, and its sad. I have two older sisters that are married to full blooded mexicans, and its the ones who do bad stuff that make them all look bad!!!

So give your opinions and keep em clean and mature, and if you know exactly what the laws are then tell cuz i dnt really pay attention to the details!

Old 04-02-2006, 09:31 AM
JD717
Elder User
I'd like to see more of the immigrants here legally, with proper papers and all the good stuff. I mean, if they've got those papers, the opporunities for better paying work are greater, and they could have a great life in the land we love.

All I care about is that if you come here, you learn english, pay taxes, and work to make money like the rest of us, other than that, do whatever you want as long as its legal.

Old 04-02-2006, 10:18 AM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you guys should see the 12+ page thread on this in the supp forum

Old 04-02-2006, 10:47 AM
76 F-150 390FE
Posting Guru
at the same time they are craking down they are giving some amnesty. they are saying if they have a job they are going to give them work visas. i was talking with some people at the junk yard about this yesterday. virginia is swamped with them becuase i have heard it is one of the easiest places to get fake papers. i am sick of going to walmart and hearing nothin but spanish but they havent made it to my town yet but they will soon. i have no problem with foreigners coming over here but do it legally and learn the language.

Old 04-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Red Star
Posting Guru
I can kind of relate to this topic because I came from Serbia to the States 7 years ago and I recently became USA citizen.
However, I can't understand why somebody would come to the States illegaly. If you're here legaly then you can find bette job, start going to college and make something out of your life. But if you're here illegaly you can't work at most of places, you can't go to school ... What's point of coming here then? I don't know about South America's countires, but where I'm from its better to live and work there the way it is than to live and work illegaly in the States.

Old 04-02-2006, 02:49 PM
hunter1988
Senior User
I am opposed to ilegal immigrants, but I do not mind if they can get papers to work and possibly a US citizenship. I do support the Immigration law that is proposed, but only with a few exceptions. I believe it is good for our country to have immigrants come in and work, but I think that they should get paid the same as us Americans and have to pay taxes. I have spent time in Agua Prieta Mexico, and have worked alongside the people there... they make $8.50 a day there, that Mexico's minimum wage.. and food there isnt any cheaper than it is here... Also I have worked with mexicans that are here illegally. they dont pay taxes on the money they make. If they are going to come here, they should have the same treatment as us Americans, meaning they pay taxes, must have insurance and all the other stuff we have to do... That's my $.02

Old 04-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
This can stay as long as it does not get political. Have at 'er...

-Matt

Old 04-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Josh88Ford
Elder User
If you cant understand, speak or read english get the hell out of the US.

To be honest, i'd want everyone who gets welfare, and doesnt have a job to leave

Old 04-02-2006, 04:00 PM
JD717
Elder User
I feel much better knowing I'm not the only one who wants immigrants to be here legally and paying taxes just like we do. if you dont want to learn english, have a job, pay taxes, and be a good american, please leave our great nation. thats my opinion.

Old 04-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Red Star
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Josh88Ford
If you cant understand, speak or read english get the hell out of the US.
That's stupid. How do you expect from older people to learn to speak or read english?
If everybody though the day you do, nobody would ever come to this country. And I'm not talking just about now, I'm talking about when immigrants first started moving to the States.

Old 04-02-2006, 05:41 PM
handyman43358
Postmaster
Easy now, don't turn this into a heated debate.

I don't agree much with the illegal immigration. Being an electrician, it really erks me when I can't talk to the drywallers, or a lot of the other workers on the jobsite.

But I mean what can ya do? Us white folks are quickly on the way to being minorities. I figure if it gets really bad, I'll just head to Canada. Simple as that.

Old 04-02-2006, 09:52 PM
hunter1988
Senior User
Several things- ALL our ancestors were immigrants unless some have Native American blood.. Even most of that is mixed. We all are immigrants, just not directly. My great grand parents came from Switzerland, and my grandma is from Canada and still has her green card even thought she has lived in the United States for over 55 years. I believe that the spanish speaking immigrants are better than most american workers. they know what it is like for their family of four live on $20 a week for food and other costs. thats the way it is in MANYof the towns in Mexico.. Especially border towns.

Old 04-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Nathane
Elder User
I think a 100 yard no mans land between the USA and mexico would be great... Burn all the plants, poisen/cover all the water in that area also...
Level it, and station it with snipers with .50 cals every 200 yards.

Cross the border, and death due you part.

We dont need anybody else in America illegally. If your illegal, two choices... Death, or deportation.

What is a job that a mexican will do, that an American cant
~Nate

Old 04-03-2006, 07:04 AM
hunter1988
Senior User
Americans can do the jobs, but some of the jobs, mexicans are more efficient. Like working in dairy parlors milking, or as horse grooms, picking fruit, masonwork, etc. I have worked with and have seen them work. many of them will work 65-70 hours a week just because they dont have anything else to do. I am all for allowing Immigrants coming in to work, but they need short term papers, and have to be out at the end of their time period.

Old 04-03-2006, 02:18 PM
bassproguy07
Elder User
Ok after readin a ll yalls posts im gunna have to jump in and say sumthing. 2 summers ago, i took a trip to mexico with my church to build houses. While i was there i witnessed a lot of stuff, and met a lot of great people. One particular person was our translator Julian. He was in college in mexico, and knew very good english, and was really smart. He has been trying to get papers for 2 years now to attend a college in Missouri, but he cant. I dont know why he cant, its sumthing about they only allow a certain ammount of papers a year, and it takes a lot to get them or sumthing. Anyways me and him had a long discussion about mexicans, mainly those in america. He says, and i noticed it too, that mexicans in america are totally different then those in mexico, and most of them are mexicans born in the U.S. and what not, not immigrants. Its the ones that were born here that give them all a bad name, theyre the ones that cause trouble in schools, and on the streets, not the ones that come from mexico for a better life or to work. If youve ever been to mexico, and im not taking some city or cabo or nething im talking about rural mexican small towns and stuff just inside the border. They live so poorly, and im sure if you lived there, youd take the risk to get to america too. Trash just sits in the streets, dogs crap everywhere, and it stinks. The reason they come here illegally red star is because america, is the place to be my friend, i mean you moved here too right? I dont have a problem if they come here, its just the ones that live here mostly the young ones, that i have a problem with. Speak english when your at school and keep your spanish at home! As for work, I cant even mow yards anymore to make money because the mexicans do it faster, and cheaper. 5 guys can mow a yard in 10 minutes for 15 bucks, wich would take me an hour or so. People these days want quick and cheap and i cant make any money mowing for 10 bucks, so theyd wrather pay the mexicans to do it. Some of them id be happy to let mow in my place for my money, but the illegal ones, NO SIR!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Immigration Law