Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Senior User

John with beastly 302 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Questions About Bio Diesel

Hi, a local station announced over the radio they will be the first in the county to offer Bio Diesel for sale. My questions are this: My Ford manual says I can run bio diesel up to a 10% concentration; 05 Ford 6.0 Dually. Is that spec just a safe leval or can I run a higher % with just a stock fuel system.

Thanks John

RIP 94' F-150 4X2 5.0 MAF 4R70W Super Cab Shorty Green W/ tan accent 2" front lift Flowmaster 40 3-20-94 to 6-8-05 First truck and I hit a bridge reaching for the cellular
Old 04-05-2006, 01:56 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by John with beastly 302
Hi, a local station announced over the radio they will be the first in the county to offer Bio Diesel for sale. My questions are this: My Ford manual says I can run bio diesel up to a 10% concentration; 05 Ford 6.0 Dually. Is that spec just a safe leval or can I run a higher % with just a stock fuel system.

Thanks John
If your warranty is up you can use B-100 if you wish.

FABMANDELUX.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 04-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Senior User

John with beastly 302 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm sure I could but How would I ever get the thing started?

RIP 94' F-150 4X2 5.0 MAF 4R70W Super Cab Shorty Green W/ tan accent 2" front lift Flowmaster 40 3-20-94 to 6-8-05 First truck and I hit a bridge reaching for the cellular
Old 04-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Postmaster

bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.bigredtruckmi has a good reputation on FTE.
You can run higher BUT if you have a problem Ford will deny engine warranty work. Hate to loose a 100K warranty. Go to www.biodiesel.org for more info and fueling sites.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:55 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels