Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Dieselsite CPR HPOP!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 04:53 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dieselsite CPR HPOP!!

I just went to the Dieselsite homepage, and on the main page, i saw that Dieselsite and their lineup of fuel systems of "CPR" is releasing a high-volume direct replacement HPOP. it's not out yet, but im giving a heads up to anyone who may be interested in them. it's on my list WAYY down the list but it's still there.

http://www.dieselsite.com/

Old 04-03-2006, 04:56 PM
mtgrzlyman
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im interested for sure in one

Old 04-03-2006, 05:16 PM
CAT_man_963
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's pretty cool - wonder how much that baby is gonna cost - and how it will compare to something like the Terminator or Stealth??

Old 04-03-2006, 05:44 PM
PSNut
Postmaster
Some info i got at TDS from Bob at Dieselsite:

"Increasing the angle of the swashplate can increase the chance of a failure exponentially. That's why we DIDN"T increase the plate angle. A 3 degree angle increase only increases volume by about 5%. This is a risk I am not willing to incorporate into my design.

Our plan was to build a pump that flows enough for most injectors, if not all, while building into it more durability than even the stock pump. My name is on this. Reliability and performance were a must.

On edit: It is the stock pump housing.
Bob "

Nut

Old 04-03-2006, 05:53 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
I saw that too, and am very interested. The HPOP is actually next on my to-do list. I had decided on the BTS dual HPOP, but I'll probably wait to see what the Dieselsite unit costs. I have eliminated both the Terminator and Stealth pumps from my options. PM me if you wan to know why.

Old 04-03-2006, 06:05 PM
ramsmoker
Senior User
Talking Hpop

This is on my list now. My budget wasn't ready for the $2000 though. This will be a great deal if the cost can be lower. I have two I've been working on this week. I was mocking up a belt driven and direct driven pump to T into the HPX with a detatchable gauge and quick coupler. This doesn't seem like an urgent project now.

Old 04-03-2006, 08:40 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Looks like the price will be around $1800, maybe a little more. More info on the pump from Bob:

There’s not much to say at this point.

Yes, we built a new pump. The Pulse is built with mostly all new parts, and the few that are re-used are modified. I do need a core in return, and I don't care if it's got a million miles on it and slap wore out, I can use it. I do take the stock housings and grind, polish, and powder coat them for appearance reasons.

How much more oil will the Pulse flow than stock?
The stock units are terrible by design in terms of tolerances. The looser the tolerances, the less oil it will pump. So, everything being "equal", we know the Pulse pumps at least 47% more than stock without accounting for poor stock tolerances we improved on. Meaning, the Pulse will move at least 47% more oil than the best (tightest)stock pump you can find, plus whatever gains that our additional improvements made.

Assume we can get 100% more oil from a dual pump set-up. How much energy is used to drive the extra pump? Currently no injector being built now uses even close to that much oil. They don't even need but a small portion of that extra pump. Anyone programming for “Big Oil” will tell you that. We could give you 3 pumps moving 200% more oil----would that be better than 2 pumps? You get my drift. The Pulse should supply all the oil that anyone needs, and we are going to run it with several size injectors to be sure. The Pulse was designed for every truck out there, including those with stock injectors.

I can't post prices here due to site rules. Besides, we might have to make final adjustments before it goes to production. Our original estimate was to be a couple hundred less than our Hybrid injectors and we seem on track with that.

I say this summer for release, but I hope to bring it to you MUCH sooner than that.

I’m sorry I don’t have more than that.

Bob