Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Harley Edition Performance Stats

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 03:51 PM
04Muscle350
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harley Edition Performance Stats

I was looking at a 2002 f150 Harley Edition. I was wondering if you guys know what the performance stats are on those stock. Ive been unable to find any stats. Id appreciate the help. What do you guys think of them who have them?

Old 04-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Dexsure
Senior User
Muscle,

I stumbled across this web site witch has the specs for the 2002 F150 HD.
http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/F...ley/Photos.htm
Looks like a sweet truck with a lot of snot.

I don't have one but I'm interested in the 2006/2007 F350 Harley Davidson with the PS. I think I'm going to wait for the rumoured 6.4L PS which we should find out about from Ford in the middle of this year.

Old 04-02-2006, 07:55 PM
04Muscle350
Senior User
Originally Posted by Dexsure
Muscle,

I stumbled across this web site witch has the specs for the 2002 F150 HD.
http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/FordF150Harley/Photos.htm
Looks like a sweet truck with a lot of snot.

I don't have one but I'm interested in the 2006/2007 F350 Harley Davidson with the PS. I think I'm going to wait for the rumoured 6.4L PS which we should find out about from Ford in the middle of this year.
yea my dads got a 2004 6.0l f350 crew cab he said hes gonna trade up for a 2007 twin turbo if everything is true as ive heard.

Old 04-03-2006, 09:44 AM
96ninjaman
New User
I'm really a car guy, but this thing is a blast to drive. Of course most car guys would perfer a Lightning, but I needed the added practicallity of the 4 doors. I can do the light hauling needed for my business, ride for 10 hours in comfort and have enough power to almost make you forget you're driving a truck. It's really 3 vehicles in one for me. I rode a female friend in it and she said she felt like she was in the Mustang just sitting higher. Ford really hit the mark with this one.

I've only changed to a K&N air filter and welded in a Flowmaster 40 series. It sounds great, but not too loud on cruise at 75-80 mph.

This my not come to a surprise to you, but since I've never owned a truck before, fuel mileage is terrible. I average 12.5-13 in mostly city and only about 16 on the highway (I haven't checked hiway mileage with the K&N).

Overall it is a wonderful truck that draws lots of attention and compliments.

Old 04-03-2006, 11:08 AM
04Muscle350
Senior User
Talking

Originally Posted by 96ninjaman
I'm really a car guy, but this thing is a blast to drive. Of course most car guys would perfer a Lightning, but I needed the added practicallity of the 4 doors. I can do the light hauling needed for my business, ride for 10 hours in comfort and have enough power to almost make you forget you're driving a truck. It's really 3 vehicles in one for me. I rode a female friend in it and she said she felt like she was in the Mustang just sitting higher. Ford really hit the mark with this one.

I've only changed to a K&N air filter and welded in a Flowmaster 40 series. It sounds great, but not too loud on cruise at 75-80 mph.

This my not come to a surprise to you, but since I've never owned a truck before, fuel mileage is terrible. I average 12.5-13 in mostly city and only about 16 on the highway (I haven't checked hiway mileage with the K&N).

Overall it is a wonderful truck that draws lots of attention and compliments.
Yea i couldnt believe how comfortable it was. It was INSANE. I absolutely love the truck. I was looking for a lightning and i decided the harley edition was more valuable and was overall better. I love my 2004 mustang which i currently drive but its not gonna cut it anymore because im looking for a truck. Its just hard to trade my mustang in because ive put about 8k into it and they always screw you over when u trade sometihng like that in. So im not sure whats gonna happen yet, except i LOVE the truck.

Old 04-04-2006, 10:13 AM
96ninjaman
New User
You are going to have to sale the Mustang to keep from getting totally beat up on a trade. There are Mustang lovers that will understand the cost of your mods and place at least some value on them. Most guys say it's good to a get 50% return on performance mods, maybe a little more on a supercharger. I sold an '01 Mustang GT I purchased new and later found a good deal on a '00. I now use that as my daily driver mainly because I didn't make any mods that require me to use premium unleaded.

I got rid of a BMW to get the truck, because I needed it for the business. My friends thought I was crazy until they rode in it. I love driving the truck as much as the Mustang. You can make the truck pretty fast without spending a pile of money. The down sides are that it doesn't have a 5 speed like the Mustang and if it's a daily driver it will burn quite a bit more gas. Actually, I get about the same mileage per tank with both, but it cost $20 more to fill up due to the bigger tank and required premium fuel.

Trust me I'm not trying to discourage you, I just wanted to give you my full and honest opinion.