The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

for country music fans

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 10:33 PM
vegasmike250
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trace adkins for a guy and gretchin wilson for the girl

Old 01-14-2007, 10:37 PM
jpjahn
Posting Guru
I used to hate country, then I got a blue collar job and I found some country that I actually can stand. Now the only music I hate is rap.
Hank Williams Jr., Hank Sr., or even Hank III. So many great songs right there.. Johnny Cash is great, Willie Nelson, Sawyer Brown, Billy Joe Shaver, C.W. McCall, David Allen Coe, George Jones, Waylon Jennings, also some Brooks and Dunn and a small amount of newer music.
Its so much more fitting to be driving around in my old ford with Billy Joe shaver's Black rose or Finally friday by George Jones, than something by SOAD or disturbed or whatever I usually do.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:48 PM
CopenhagenCowboy
New User
George Strait, Chris Ledoux, Randy travis, Willie Nelson, Garth brooks, aint too crazy bout all the new stuff, some of it is too popcountry or liberal sounding, *cough* dixie chicks... id spit some chew in their faces if I met em

Old 02-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Skinsfan6
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I listen to a mixture of old country and southern rock...David Allen Coe, Johnny Horton, Alabama, Arlo Guthrie, Alman Brothers, Marshall Tucker Band, Buck Owens, CCR, Charlie Daniels, Charlie Robison, Robert Earl Keen, David Lee Murphy, a couple Doobie Brothers songs, Georgia Satellites, Hank Jr., Jerry Reed, Waylon Jennings, Roger Miller, Billy Joe Shaver, Johnny Paycheck, Junior Brown, Merle Haggard, Skynyrd, Nitty Gritty, RONNIE MILSAP, Steve Miller Band, Tanya Tucker

I can't stand the majority of the new country on fm radio...it's too mainstream. If yall want to listen to old country and southern rock get a Sirius Satellite radio... it has five different country stations...Outlaw Country (the playlist is like my list above), Roadhouse Country (same as Outlaw, with a couple more slow songs), Bluegrass, Prime Country, and Newer Country. I love my satellite radio. I'd rather listen to road noise than the country on an fm radio nowadays.

Last edited by Skinsfan6; 02-17-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:54 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
mainstream pop country SUCKS.

my favorite country tunes come from Hank Williams III, wiether it be with assjack or the damnband. plays to my two favorite parts of the music spectrum, outlaw country and death metal.

i agree with skinsfan6 i like mostly old southern country, i also agree with the sirius satellite radio. although mines usally tuned to buzzsaw or hardrock, theres a ton of great stuff on there.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:47 AM
skilife17
Elder User
Originally Posted by Skinsfan6
I love my satellite radio. I'd rather listen to road noise than the country on an fm radio nowadays.
I don't have a satelite radio, but I agree with you on listening to the road noise. Ever since I got my new CD player for my truck I've been listening to my CD's more than FM.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:52 PM
bigun72
Posting Guru
all country and classic rock ....but my favorite country is Hank Jr. , Merle Haggard , Jason Aldean , Brooks & Dunn ( hillbilly deluxe)

Old 03-21-2007, 05:38 PM
DieselRunner
Senior User
Im surprized that noones said Corb Lund, him and the Hurtin' Albertans are all I listen to right now. Its more Western Canadian music but Thats what I love about it. For new country Corb Lund and Brad Paisley are about all I listen to.
Im also in the heavier metal like Rob Zombie, Ministry, Metalica, and some KMFDM.
We only got one counrty station in the Vancouver area(JRFM) and I cant stand most of what they play, all new stuff. But i also get a seattle station up here and for the most part thats alot better, especialy in the evenings.

Corb Lund-Truck got stuck video, favorite music video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDY6bWT5oTM

Old 03-28-2007, 02:16 AM
goofin
Senior User
i like it all. not dixie chicks though. favorites would have to be trace adkins, brooks&dunn, and garth brooks.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Ford-150
Senior User
don't think that it is 100% country but Lynard Skynard

Old 04-14-2007, 12:36 AM
BigBad352
Senior User
Well I like just about everything mentioned on this thread! Classic rock, old & new country. Basically anything but classical or jazz crap. JMO

Old 04-14-2007, 03:54 PM
FarmForward
Postmaster
I like the same country songs that my grandfather's liked. Hank Williams, Hank Thompson, Bob Wills, George Jones, Johnny Cash, David Houston, Tammy Wynette, Patsy Cline... you get the idea.

George Strait, Junior Brown, Gary Allan, BR-549 and a few others are my pick for newer country... the Dixie Chicks are definately NOT on my playlist.

And, like I do in every country music thread I've come across on this board, have to say:

"Real country music died in 1962."

Old 05-27-2007, 11:11 PM
lucky no. 7
Senior User
i'm with twin 66 on that one, mostly old country, hank sr. hank jr. and the possum too

Old 06-14-2007, 10:28 PM
50calmike
Elder User
George Jones all time favorite and I CANNOT stand Chesney or Mcgraw.

Old 06-17-2007, 02:16 PM
crehberg
Senior User
God...this is a hard question. So many good ones to choose from. I'd have to say my favorites are probably Bucky Covington and Jason Aldean, with my least favorites being the Dixie Chicks and Faith Hill.

Quick Reply: for country music fans