Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2006, 09:46 PM
Senior User

aquaholic is starting off with a positive reputation.
Could we have a sticky for common mods?

Could we get a list going of common mods for the 7.3l Engine?
I have a 2000 f250, and the only things I have done so far are a Programmer & Napa Air filter mod. 4" Exhaust, 4.5" DR Kit and 35's are on the way. I have read about a lot of other mods, but maybe a list of things that are common upgrades to this engine. Simple to complex, cheap to expensive, benifit vs cost.........

Thanks
Old 03-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Post Fiend

PowerstrokeJunkie is a splendid one to beholdPowerstrokeJunkie is a splendid one to beholdPowerstrokeJunkie is a splendid one to beholdPowerstrokeJunkie is a splendid one to beholdPowerstrokeJunkie is a splendid one to beholdPowerstrokeJunkie is a splendid one to beholdPowerstrokeJunkie is a splendid one to beholdPowerstrokeJunkie is a splendid one to behold
46637 filter
Wastegate disable
4'' exhaust
chip
CCV
Wicked Wheel
AIH delete plug
Dual relief boost valve/regulator
Sonnax valve/tricumulator springs
SS HPX line
Intank/Prepump mods
gauges
203* Thermostat
Old 03-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Senior User

let me expand-

I am not a mechanic.
How about a short explination of what the mod actually does (For those of us that are trying to learn) not just a list of mods that have been done.
No offense meant, just don't know what the acronyms stand for.

Thanks
Old 03-29-2006, 11:33 PM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Cookie is planning a FAQ, and he'll be compiling the collective works of a bunch of us to use in it.

Stay tuned.

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 03-30-2006, 12:08 AM
Elder User

GeoffNJ is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaholic
I am not a mechanic.
How about a short explination of what the mod actually does (For those of us that are trying to learn) not just a list of mods that have been done.
No offense meant, just don't know what the acronyms stand for.

Thanks
I think he was just giving you the names of some of the most common mods for search criteria. Most of the mods have been covered multiple times in here and search results can be extensive. When you're done modding your truck, you'll be a mechanic too. I'm a carpenter.

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
-- Demosthenes, (349 BCE)
Old 03-30-2006, 06:55 AM
Post Fiend

Tenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud ofTenn01PSD350 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffNJ
I think he was just giving you the names of some of the most common mods for search criteria. Most of the mods have been covered multiple times in here and search results can be extensive. When you're done modding your truck, you'll be a mechanic too. I'm a carpenter.
Giddyup Geoff, and ditto. If I can ever figure out this sump system it may be right up your alley. My criteria, cheap and effective. It also takes care of the in tank mod stuff if it works. Stay tuned, and I'm off to the shade tree.Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:06 AM
Post Fiend

Kwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputation
http://www.facebook.com/http://facebook.com/Kwikkordead#!/Kwikkordead
Hmmm, not a bad idea. I'll stick this one for a few days and see what developes.
2000 VW Passat 1.8t Tiptronic. ZZOOOOOMMMM!!!
You cannot explain or explain away the power of God.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:52 AM
Senior User

Thanks Kiwk

Thanks for the consideration. I don't want to spin my wheels and spend my money for useless mods, or make the wrong choice of a mod that will affect something else I am planning to do. I guess I am looking for a list of the best mods, or combination of mods in one spot.

This has been the best Forum that I have dealt with. Thanks for your time to moderate it, and to all of the people on this board, GREAT JOB!
Old 03-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Junior User

beeglej is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would second aquaholic. I like the idea of some place easy to access that would have FAQ's or something about the mods.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:12 PM
Elder User

It would also leave room for more questions to be answered. I've seen a few new guys slip through the first page the last few days. I hate to think they were discouraged by it. Might give some of those posts some extra time to be answered.

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:49 PM
New User

quikf250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
heh...some newbie's and there questions should just get to slip through. I've been reading on here for about 6 months now...no reason to post, there's plenty of info here to get-r-all done.
But, I thought I'd take the time here to say what's up, love what goes on here and the hospitality you guys pay to all the newcomers. Not quiet like the old days on the Import forums
Old 03-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikf250
heh...some newbie's and there questions should just get to slip through. I've been reading on here for about 6 months now...no reason to post, there's plenty of info here to get-r-all done.
But, I thought I'd take the time here to say what's up, love what goes on here and the hospitality you guys pay to all the newcomers. Not quiet like the old days on the Import forums
That's true. There's an amazing wealth of knowledge here that everyone is quite willing to share. The ignorance level is at a minimum (unless we're in the mood) and I've never seen anyone snubbed. And like you there are people that use it as a reference tool. I know I've learned more about the truck I have now than the other 10 or so trucks prior.

Lately I've seen a few questions that weren't the normal "newbie" questions (nothing wrong with that) and needed some technical advice I couldn't give. I hate to see someone get discouraged and be afraid to ask a question. That's what this is for.

You should join in more. Every opinion and idea counts. You never know when you may have the answer that noone else does.

Old 03-30-2006, 07:43 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
Cookie is planning a FAQ, and he'll be compiling the collective works of a bunch of us to use in it.
Yep....this is as good a place as any to compile the list. What we need are links. Links to the best threads of any maintenance procedure or modification related to the 99-03 PSD. I prefer to not use off site features/articles any more than absolutely necessary, and will not use links to any competing enthusiasts sites. "How to's" from sponsoring vendors are ok.

You can post links here...preferably with a identifier showing what general area (fuel, chip/tuner, turbo, coolers, general maintenance, etc. I'll sift through them and either start a locked sticky FAQ thread or add the FAQ section to the "guidelines/general information" thread.

Hopefully, we'll have an easy access place to point users to for specific common questions, and we'll cut down on the total number of "sticky's". Webmaster does not like too much clutter at the top of his pages, so this should help all of us out.
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter

Last edited by cookie88; 03-30-2006 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:44 PM
Senior User

Info on mods

I spoke with the infamous Jody today.(Great Guy, VERY HELPFUL!) He is making a list of mods and creating PDF files to go along with them. I will see if he minds if we post them here. (Spec'd a chip while I was there, have a microtuner for sale CHEAP!)

Scott
Old 03-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Posting Guru

hink10 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie88
Yep....this is as good a place as any to compile the list. What we need are links.
here are a few links that I have used (I know some are not specifically 7.3, but very helpful)...
ball joints
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=354091

atf change
http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/i...nsmission.html

cps change
http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/i...ke_Diesel.html

hutch mod
http://community.webshots.com/album/32614313yLKyrS/1
http://community.webshots.com/album/32303501JuYKPH

replacing injectors
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/sh...injector+rings
ARP Studs, BPD EGR, Oil Cooler and Remote Oil Filter, BPD 6 Phase FICM, DC Power 270XP Alternator, New Duralast Gold Batteries, 4" MBRP Exhaust, Rancho 9000s, V/Modded B Springs, 30mm Rear Sway Bar, Air Bags, MT 285s, Red Head Steering Box, Moog Ball Joints, SCT Touch Screen Xtreme Tuner w/ GearHead SRL+ Custom Tunes, Powermax Turbo with WW Gen 2, Blue Spring, New Engine Wiring Harness, Coolant filter and More...
What I do...
Old 03-30-2006, 10:52 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2000, 2003, 54, 73, 73l, bible, brakes, common, contents, expedition, f250, p103, parking, powerstroke, sensor, sticky, table, upgrades