Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New York Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Elder User

cowlady is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation Addresses we NEED to write to

I just got off the phone w/Bob Cook from Assemblyman David Gantt's office. He was truly nice & very attentive to all my concerns. He stated the bill was introduced By Assemblywoman Virginia Fields after she received complaints from a group downstate who want the brush guards banned.
He gave me 2 addresses & 2 phone #'s & URGED me to write/call & suggested the more letters received the more weight it will carry.
I explained the inherent problems w/having to re-install a brush guard on site when I go offroading if I have to remove my brush guard for daily driving. I also reasoned that no auto manufacturer would install a device that would interfere w/air bag deployment & face FEDERAL FINES & LAWSUITS! That would be corporate suicide! I asked to be allowed to address the Assembly but Mr Cook is unsure if there will be a public hearing so that's why he URGED us to write in!
PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE TO WRITE LETTERS TODAY!!!
He doesn't know when this may be voted on but did suggest writing ASAP.
Here's the addresses:

Assemblyman David Gantt
State Transportation Committee
830 Legislative Bldg.
Albany, N.Y. 12248

Senator Thomas Libous
State Transportation Committee
512 Legislative Bldg.
Albany, N.Y. 12247

CALL:
Assemblywoman Virginia Fields
518-455-5937

Senator Toby Stavisky
518-455-3461

Mr Cook was most polite & helpful! He shared my concerns & was very respectful. I feel he is a valuable liason & that I may call him again if I need to. He was also very friendly which helped me present my points w/o rancor.

I also called Senator Stavisky & Assmblywoman Fields (BOTH are women) & had mixed success. Assemblywoman Fields office was very helpful & promised a callback/response. Senator Stavisky's office mainly explained WHY the bill came about, blamed all the SUV's in the NYC/BUFFALO/BIG CITY areas who have these brush guards FOR SHOW ONLY as being the problem. I did suggest that, for anyone who DOES offroad & NEEDS the brush guard they can issue a permit w/a fee so we do NOT have to remove them! According to the young man I spoke to, rural/farm areas will NOT be included. That's when I tried to explain AGAIN - I am in BUFFALO! I can't afford to move to a rural area just to be able to keep my brush guard! All he said was to c/b in 1 month for an update! He would not take my contact info so PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CALL SENATOR STAVISKY'S OFFICE!!!! CALL AS SOON/OFTEN AS POSSIBLE! They seem to be stalling me so that when I call back, it will be too late. We can't drop this! We have to FIGHT IT!
WRITE/CALL these people TODAY! The longer we wait, the more likely this bill will go thru! I was advised the Assembly NEEDS to know where EVERYONE stands on this issue! They know our opponents views - now they need to hear OURS!

I have trust in my country, confidence in my truck & faith in God!
'97 F150 XLT ORP 4X4,4.6

Last edited by cowlady; 03-28-2006 at 02:53 PM. Reason: add to post
Old 03-28-2006, 02:01 PM