New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1
View Poll Results: Have you contacted anyone about this issue?
NYS legislators
50.00%
Brush guard companies
25.00%
Friends/relatives
75.00%
Nobody yet
25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

My letter to Sam Hoyt about the brush guard bill

Old 03-26-2006, 10:18 AM
cowlady
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation My letter to Sam Hoyt about the brush guard bill

Don't copy paste but feel free to use whatever arguments you feel vaild. Just rephrase into your OWN wording! I also sent a copy to SEMA.

I am writing to express my deepest concern for a bill which you are preparing to vote on soon.
The law would make brush/grille guards illegal. The claims of increased injury & air bag interference are unsubstantiated at best. What research are you basing this on? I would like to review this data so I can refute or agree with it.
I own a truck with a grill guard. It has been installed in the exact same spot as if factory installed. NO AUTO MANUFACTURER WOULD INSTALL THESE GUARDS IN A WAY AS TO INACTIVATE/INTERFERE WITH AIR BAGS!!! The FEDERAL fines & ensuing lawsuits would shut them down!!!
In fact, when installed I was warned NOT to think I was safe from my killer air bag but to use MORE caution as I am most vulnerable from that air bag. Being short, I sit as close to my steering wheel as I can - air bag deployment WILL kill/disable me. I'd HOPED I wouldn't have that problem when I had the brush guard installed but alas, no such luck!
With all the serious issues facing the residents & VOTERS in our state I'd HOPED our ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES would do just that - represent us for the IMPORTANT issues. What about the rampant Medicaid spending? I'm an Erie County resident - we're dying from the abuse of Medicaid spending & Albany is ignoring us! What about the rising crime rate? How about the cuts to VITAL services like police/fire services? How about the UNENDING & UNCEASING rise in taxes we cannot afford to pay? What are YOU doing about that? Why don't you care? WHY DON'T YOU HELP???
I will be following this bill very closely. I will also be reporting the names of those voting to pass it - STATEWIDE. I will make sure those names are on the minds of the VOTERS STATEWIDE when election day rolls around. Even for people who don't have an issue with this bill I know they do not appreciate Albany WASTING THEIR TAX DOLLARS! Friends & relatives have already shown their disdain for this bill saying they want vital issues addressed. They want to know who is wasting their money in Albany! I'll be SURE to tell them!
I'm watching this Mr. Hoyt & watching you to see if you will get a thumbs up or down come the next election. I DO vote & I encourage others to vote. I believe in being a responsible citizen - are YOU a responsible politician or a sheep following the pack? You may THINK truck owners are "dumb rednecks" but I assure you - this is not the case. I graduated from the most prestigious HS in the country - the Bronx HS of Science. Ask Mr. Spitzer about it - he is a fellow alumni!
I doubt you'll answer - I'll keep that in mind too. It's your choice as to what I tell my fellow voters about you. Will we see YOU next time you're running for office? That's YOUR choice.
Thank you for reading this. I promise - I AM WATCHING - we ALL are.
Sincerely,
Angela
A VOTER, TAXPAYER & quite frankly, YOUR EMPLOYER

Last edited by cowlady; 03-26-2006 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:50 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Thanks Ang for putting this up as I know others were looking for a letter that they could use. Now they have something.

Ok gang. There it is. Edit and use what will work for you and start sending those emails. Get them to the New York Assembly Transportation Committee members and to your local representative. The more of us that get letters out the better. Get your friends and family to do the same.

Old 03-26-2006, 01:05 PM
cowlady
Elder User
Thanks Ronin! Please check my other 2 posts - Pending NYS legislation! There's SO much I had to split it up! Spinners may become illegal! Seriosuly!!!!!!!!