Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

To Spray or Not To Spray

Old 02-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Ranger99vlj
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question To Spray or Not To Spray

I've been thinking about getting a spray in bed liner for the Ranger. Checked out a couple of dealers,seemed pretty much the same and cost is pretty close also. Was told that one type dries very quickly which prevents sagging on the side walls. Anyone have a sprayed in liner or any experience with these products? Any info would be great.

Old 02-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My dad has a spray liner on his truck. Seems to hold up fine. Makes it so you don't see a scratched floor all the time. Also, won't rust out the box (like a drop in liner). I believe the only downfall is that if you are sliding big, heavy things in all the time it can possibly tear it up.

-Matt

Old 02-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Corner Gas
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My wife had one in her Dakota and it looked great. The only downfall was if you put in something that dented the box, the liner cracked and had to be touched up. Also, in the wheel wells were the rcoks hit also cracked the liner.

Old 02-27-2006, 08:52 PM
lilmustangboy
Senior User
what kinda prices r people paying for a sprayed liner? i plan on getting it done and am curious of the price....

Old 02-27-2006, 09:01 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I was going to spray it in myself, material would cost $250- $300. I heard that I could get it done for $450 cash. Leaning towards getting it done because the stuff is very messy and does not come off if you get it somewhere that u don't want it. Like your hands, face etc.
Most places are looking for around $500, these are for a full size bed, ranger would be less.

Old 02-27-2006, 09:07 PM
lilmustangboy
Senior User
Originally Posted by fp_5
I was going to spray it in myself, material would cost $250- $300. I heard that I could get it done for $450 cash. Leaning towards getting it done because the stuff is very messy and does not come off if you get it somewhere that u don't want it. Like your hands, face etc.
Most places are looking for around $500, these are for a full size bed, ranger would be less.
daaaaaaaaaaaam...... i know i would get it done as i have no time these days.... but dam... thats a lump of cash..... but its worth it......

Old 02-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Ranger99vlj
New User
Well it sounds like the spray in liner isn't all that bad. I'll have to see about lining it up to get in and have it done. If it protects against rust on the bed and tailgate, sounds like a good investment. Hopefully it'll be done by early spring, just think, that's only about 3 weeks away. Thanks for all the feed back.

Old 03-02-2006, 10:39 PM
big daddy chuck
Senior User
what can i say , there are good spray in liners and there are great spray in liners, you can color match your paint , basic black is always a good deal , then see what you need the liner for , there are softer compounds that stay rubbery to help hold stuff in place , the harder liners are also good to quiet down road noise

chuck

Old 03-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Ranger99vlj
New User
Not one of the dealers even mentioned the fact about reducing road noise. Glad you mentioned that aspect of the liner, Chuck. That's another (+) for getting it done. Thanks Again.

Old 03-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Falcon67
Mountain Pass
Received 77 Likes on 49 Posts
This might be a tad late - two years on a RhinoLiner in the F-150. I've got two cuts - 1) from dragging a C4 trans across it and a sharp piece of metal on the trans made a little gouge and 2) I made a little cut on the wheel well when I loaded 1400 lbs of iron scrap (whole 351M, numerous cylinder heads, brake rotors, misc crap) in it. I was tossing things in, not real particular where they landed. Our last F-150 (2001 Super CreW) had a plastic liner - never again. It's $380 to have done here, worth every penny.

Old 03-25-2006, 06:35 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
...Welcome falcon to Ford Truck Enthusiasts!

We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords.

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.

Old 03-25-2006, 10:42 PM
duc_grrl
Senior User
I LINEX'ed my truck before moving back east and it's awesome and worth every penny. Plus my truck had 87 holes drilled in the box from a former propane conversion, fifth wheel and RV batteries and all were covered by tape installed before the liner. Looks absolutely fantastic and has held up well to heavy stuff dragged across it as well as moving gravel and dirt and shoveling out same. I think I paid close to $500 including taxes but it was done in a couple of hours. As for sagging and adhesion, etc., you can't tell this liner is sprayed on. It looks like a factory finish.

Old 03-26-2006, 02:14 AM
lilmustangboy
Senior User
Originally Posted by duc_grrl
I LINEX'ed my truck before moving back east and it's awesome and worth every penny. Plus my truck had 87 holes drilled in the box from a former propane conversion, fifth wheel and RV batteries and all were covered by tape installed before the liner. Looks absolutely fantastic and has held up well to heavy stuff dragged across it as well as moving gravel and dirt and shoveling out same. I think I paid close to $500 including taxes but it was done in a couple of hours. As for sagging and adhesion, etc., you can't tell this liner is sprayed on. It looks like a factory finish.
ya the line-x guy showed m his truck and it looks so i think im gettin' that.... lookin' at 480 and taxes..... drop in is close to that so y not rite? lol

Search this Thread