Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Best?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 12:08 PM
ChurchTurtle
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best?

I've heard these bone-head magazines read off their "Best Place to live in North America" lists every year for years. 9 times out of 10 they have some places that do meet their criteria. But not necessarily mine.

And I've done the "Find your spot" deal over the internet (Thanks Al Gore) and they let you narrow it down to a region, but not a state. I've mentioned before that I'd like to move back to Indiana, so when the spot people tell me that Somethingorother, Minnesota is the best place for me to move I think "How's that help me? 10,000 lakes and fifty-five billion mosquitos."

SO...

Where's the BEST place to live in Indiana? Put a plug in for your home town. OR put a plug in for some other town if you think it's a better place to relocate.

Have fun.

Old 03-28-2006, 07:22 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why Lafayette of course. Not too big, not too small. However not as great as when I moved here. We have too many recent additions to our population from 'other places'.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Mach1fan
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I guess I'll go with Evansville. On the upside we are a small city so we don't have all the problems the big cities have, but we're big enough to have at least one or two of each of the attractions (museum, philharmonic orchestra, baseball team, stadium, a couple universities and colleges, thousands of retail stores and restaurants). We're right on the Ohio River which is beautiful, but horribly humid in the summer. You can live in the country and work in the city with a fairly short commute. We are centrally located and are roughly the same distance from Louisville/Cincinnati and St. Louis as we are from Indy, yet it takes longer to get to Indy because there's no direct highway. Overall, it's good place to live, work and raise a family.